NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I found this curious as well. Melo really has a stranglehold on that team. I guess I just didn't realize the extent of it.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Every vid on ESPN involving Lin has Stephen A. SMith slandering him to make it seem like NY made the right decision it not matching. I mean seriously NY, if you're going to let the kid go, at least be decent about it and try not to smear his name.

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Stephen A. Smith = :facepalm:

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hah, what the fuck has Felton done to think he can talk like this? Dude is a fat, fucking failure at Portland last year.

He is no more than a 2nd string PG at this point in his overweight career. I want to say he is the next Baron Davis but BDiddy has more talent in his pinky than this dude.

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

well, from the media's perspective, its a no brainer to say he is not worth it. If he goes to Houston and does well, you can always fall back on "no way anyone could tell he was going to be this good with only 25 games under his belt", "too much money for an unproven/drafted player" . If he does not do well, they'll all say "told you so!" and seem like basketball geniuses in their minds. All you need to read to know where the (NYC) media is on Lin, you just need to read how they keep falling back on the Miami game, how they made him look awful. Because no good player in the league has ever been made to look bad in a game. They quickly discount the LA game and the Dallas (Jkidd schooled) game, the clutch shots, the making your teammates better. They talk about how he can't go left (and we all know that is impossible to work on in the summer :rolleyes:). They forget about Felton being outplayed by him, because Felton was unhappy in Portland so its OK for him to gain weight and play bad. Nothing like having two starters on your team (Melo, Felton) that have shown you that they will give up if they are unhappy with the team/coaching.

The larger issue here, bigger than Lin and bigger than whether Lin sucks it up in Houston or turns into John Stockton, is the insistence by Dolan and his cronies that the Knicks are a consistantly contending team. They refuse to blow up and rebuild, the wisdom being that NYC would never put up with a rebuilding team. Well, we've been playing like a rebuilding team for 11 years now and the team could have saved themselves about $200 million dollars and actually had a future if they had stuck with some of the young talent that has come through rather than trading for these duds. Instead we have a team that basically has a year or two to win it all, a team that has gotten worse and older while their competitors have gotten better. All of our eggs in the basket of Melo, a guy who so far in his career has been the consumate selfish player, who scares away guys like Phil Jackson from even considering coaching the Knicks. Melo has the ability to have the type of year Lebron had last year. He has the skils to carry this team over the top, yet we have one playoff win in the last two years to show for it.

Lin is a guy that is not going to complain on the court or to his coaches. He has made teammates play better and harder. He works his butt off to improve his game. He doesn't have the skills of a lot of guys, but has a lot of heart and has shown the unteachable ability to not back away from a big shot. I can't think of one current knick that I would describe in that manner, Chandler would come the closest.

6. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Quoting Felton's agent:

I wonder if Melo's ego can be overshadowed by this guy's.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  7. Wade

Wade Senior member

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Jeremy Lin made this announcement on his Facebook page after the Knicks failed to match the Rockets offer.

[​IMG]

This is what followed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

via Buzzfeed

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol:

Hollingers Insider Full Article to those who might be interested in reading.

11. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Stay classy Knicks fans!

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Dumb idiots who don't know shit. He signed the one and only offer he got. The Rockets were smart to alter it to a 3year deal because it did make NY reconsider matching. It was simply brilliant as Hollinger said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/07/18/jeremy-lin-exclusive/index.html

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Those are Melo socks.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

I believe this guy knows something we do not. What say you, RFX?

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I kind of wish Lin would be brash and outspoken and say something like:

WHATS UP MOTHERUFCKERS? I THOUGHT YOU WOULD "MATCH ANY OFFER TO A BILLION DOLLARS"? FUCK YOU DOLAN, DADDY'S BOY BUTTHURT OVER MY WANTING TO GET PAID? YOU SHOULD OF OFFERED ME SOMETHING WHEN THE FREE AGENT SIGNING PERIOD STARTED, BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN OFFER ME SHIT. FUCK THE NYK OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT. I LOVE YOU NYK FANS, BUT I WILL GET PAID WHAT THE MARKET IS WILLING TO PAY - ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD.

but the reality is... Lin's being all subservient/silent AZN about this whole ordeal, and now theres actually a portion of peon brained NY Knick fans are starting to believe Dolan/Stephen A. Smith quasi racist hate sauce.

I'm so glad the Nets moved to brooklyn.