NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

thx for the link!

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

fuck man vid is over an hour

3. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

jeremy lin.... yay.... rockets.....cool

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

My favorite part of the documentary was when Stockton and family just hop out of the bus that was stuck in traffic and walks around barcelona and nobody notices him. Not even the two Americans excited for the dream team. Not even when one of them was wearing a t shirt with all the faces of the dream team. Not even when his son points out that his daddy is in her shirt.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

so now that Jeremy Lin is officially going to the Rockets, I decided to read up more on what's going on. I didn't realize two things earlier - one, the Knicks can actually stretch out that Year 3 poison pill for multiple years to lessen the lux tax hit. two, after Linsanity, the market value of the MSG company increased by $600 million!!!

so what the fuck? what possible reason did the Knicks have to let him go to Houston? yeah, I understand that Jim Dolan is a fucking vindictive child, but will he really risk whatever share of $600 mill he has, just for spite? or risk $600m for a $43m luxury tax savings? he's not just cutting off his nose to spite his face, he's taking a shit on it and burning it in $1mm bearer bonds.

I still think that he's ripe to disappoint those who expect him in the ASG, but there's absolutely no way you can let Lin walk. and for Raymond fucking Felton?? Is Isaiah still the GM in secret??

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^you have to figure Carmelo was on board with letting lin go (in "secret").

remember what happened to DiAntoni with carmelo? the coach tried to shame him into being less of a ball stopper, and carmelo eventually just caused a mutiny.

7. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya i don't get why they want a 29 year old Felton with no merchandising and let go of Lin, a 23 yr old with more potential to grow and a lotttttttttttttttttttta merchandising. who knows what are they thinking. maybe because Melo said that Lin's contract was "ridiculous to match?"

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm betting its because Melo's an egomaniac and didn't want anyone taking an ounce of the spotlight off himself.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

10. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It's worth it! Knicks front office is beyond stupid. I don't get it, even if he rots on the bench he'll earn them more than $50 mil.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'll watch it maybe this weekend we'll see or tomorrow.

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jeremy Lin's Departure Teaches Knicks Fans Important Lesson About Getting Excited By The Knicks

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

Allan Houston, Stephon Marbury, Isaiah Thomas, Carmelo Anthony. . .Bad teams are bad for a reason and it usually starts at the top of the organization and permeates all the way through. The NBA would be a more exciting league if the Knicks were title contenders, but I don't see how it can possibly happen until the ownership and the entire management changes. I almost feel sorry for Knicks fans, but there is another, better team in New York now that you could root for.

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

the two guys that spoke out negatively about Lin = J.R. Smith and Melo. J.R. Smith, (I love his wreckless, 110%, jump all over the place style) is probably a bit upset that he did not command more money in the market. He pretty much dropped a few million a year from his worth with his playoff play. During the season, I did not see the Knicks being able to sign him for less than $5mln a year. Melo, in 2 years with the Knicks, 1 playoff win. Possibly would not have even had a chance to make the playoffs were it not for Lin. So $40mln for 1 playoff win seems to me to be a bit more ridiculous than Lin's contract.

Its telling to me that Chandler and Amare have not really said anything publicy about Lin. They played the best ball offensively when Lin was on the court. When Melo came back, they basically became role players on offense. I can see why Amare wanted Nash to come here, he is probably looking for someone that can stand up to Melo and distribute the ball evenly but will have to deal with Felton and Kidd, both of whom were torched by Lin in the head to head meetups. Kidd will be 40, Felton will be the overweight starter. Woodson is like a deer in the headlights. He knows who butters his bread and knows that going against Melo will most likely mean losing his job so he will have Felton and Kidd force feeding the ball into Melo in a halfcourt set, at the expense of Amare and Chandler. A halfcourt team with no player that can play with his back to the basket, no legitimate consistent outside shooter (ex. Novak off the bench and he doesn't move). So if this doesn't work this year, they will go back to their blueprint of overpaying for a player that had his best years with another team because they truly believe that they are currently a championship caliber team. How a team with their frontcourt started the season 8-15 and only won 1 playoff game is a fucking joke.

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

^^

I keep saying frontcourt and I mean frontline.