Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

Wow! Allan Houston continues to haunt the franchise.

2. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior member

Regardless of what Lin is worth, there is no way the Knicks give him up for NOTHING. They should match and if worse comes to worse, they can trade his 15 million dollar expiring contract in year 3. After all the ridiculous contracts handed out over the last 2 years, SOMEONE will bite on his for sure

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

There is no way the Knicks let Lin leave. He is likely worth twice his salary just in ticket sales.
    Linsanity was pretty huge. I remember CNN having a Lin segment almost every day.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

4. 13k

13k Senior member

I read somewhere that with Lin's contract that would effectively push them into luxury tax... somewhere to the tune of 50mil in lux. taxes.

5. deveandepot1

It is also in Lin's best interest to stay with the Knicks.
    When a fan favorite or star leaves LA or New York you never really hear from them again.
    Just with the Lakers you have Mark Madsen, Ronny Turiaf, Travis Knight, Luke Walton, Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones,... Shaq won a championship with the Heat, but then just fizzled out.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol: At your player choices. Come on now. Madsen and Turiaf and Walton? These guys barely did anything with the Lakers and aren't even comparable to what Lin did in NY. :crackup:

And when Shaq left the Lakers he was still a big star and it wasn't because he left LA that his career died, it's because he got old and hurt and eventually just became fat and couldn't dominate as he did.

I still say they need to keep Lin and just trade away one or two of the 4 players that will bring them to luxury tax in 3 years, maybe even amnesty Chandler or something, if anything these guys are trade baits. Hell I'd even trade Melo at this point.

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'd literally take almost anyone for Melo at this point. Two years in NY, $40mln in salary, 1 playoff win. Stats best year in NY was when Melo was not here. The role players all played better to a man when Melo was injured. When Melo is not the focus of the offense, well, you see how hard he played for D'Antoni. The math is not that difficult to add up.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Grant Hill next?

Clippers also interested:

9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

10. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

didnt read the end of thread before posting.

11. deveandepot1

I know. I wasn't trying to compare them to Lin. They were just some examples of players who faded away after leaving LA.

12. thinman

thinman Senior member

This sums up Melo's entire career. Personal stats are his top priority, winning be damned. I don't think a team can win with him on the roster.

Jamison could be a good fit with the Lakers. He gives them another low-post scorer and rebounder (though they really could use a 3-point shooter or two).

13. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

rockets rookies looking real good in summer league, maybe this gives them a bit more value in the dwight trade lol

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Still, those guys barely did anything while in LA and only fans that live in LA that watches every Lakers game would even know who they are. They weren't going to set the league on fire and still be bench players. Those guys are meant for obscurity.

Anyways, OJ Mayo to go to the Mavs. Not as deadly as Terry but better than nothing, I just hope they didn't overpay but they likely did.