• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
who has shawn marion

i do.

my team is struggling at the moment.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This years Slam Dunk competition could have been so good but instead, they turn it into one of the most marsupialed one.

Blake Griffin will be a part of next month's slam dunk contest at All-Star Weekend, according to sources.

Joining Griffin will be Washington's JaVale McGee, Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka and Milwaukee's Brandon Jennings, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Jennings is currently out with a broken right foot, but he is expected to be healthy for the event.
Blake Griffin, ok that is great. McGee, ok he may kill himself but he can dunk, maybe he'll actually finish that free throw dunk. But Ibaka? WTF! Jennings? WTF!

I mean seriously, Jennning? Base don this video, in some break away fast break dunks, dude looks like he can barely dunk. Not to mention dude is coming back from a foot injury, I am not even sure why the Bucks would let him do it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

facebookdigg123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
This years Slam Dunk competition could have been so good but instead, they turn it into one of the most marsupialed one.

Blake Griffin, ok that is great. McGee, ok he may kill himself but he can dunk, maybe he'll actually finish that free throw dunk. But Ibaka? WTF! Jennings? WTF!

I mean seriously, Jennning? Base don this video, in some break away fast break dunks, dude looks like he can barely dunk. Not to mention dude is coming back from a foot injury, I am not even sure why the Bucks would let him do it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

agreed. blake griffin clearly is going to win. it'll be a snoozefest with the others

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But even then, I see Griffin as a great in-game dunker going over people and putting his nuts on their faces. I am not sure he is a good dunker like Vince Carter or JRich. I can see a repeat of Shannon Brown from last year.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Knicks are a pretty good team this year. Ladies still have 2x as many losses, and the Spurs' second team ran them off the court.

Pro tip. Don't say someone is on your ignore. I'll be sure to quote everyone of their posts.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spurs really doesn't have anything to brag about until they win another chip. I am impressed with their Euro style of play but Steve reasoning of having the best record winning the chip is still too ridiculous so I can't take him seriously.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If LeBron's handlers had any sense, they would tell their guy to do this year's dunk contest.

I absolutely believe he'd lose a lot (not all!) of that asshole stigma if he participated this year.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
barneyinatlanta on ignore lulz dumazz

dunk contest has been garbage for years

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
If LeBron's handlers had any sense, they would tell their guy to do this year's dunk contest.

I absolutely believe he'd lose a lot (not all!) of that asshole stigma if he participated this year.

Dude backed out again. He already said in a interview a week or so ago that he was considering it again and that it would be great with Blake Griffin. And you know he is invited to participate if he wanted to but again he was just throwing his name in the media because no one has mentioned his egotistical name for a while.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I'd much rather see LeBron than Jennings in the contest. But I think McGee may win it. I have a feeling he'll be like a poor man's Dwight Howard.

Rooting for The Poster Child though, but like RFX said he might not be creative enough.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
damn the spurs are so good. they really know how to beat winning teams

oh wait

dejuan blair 1 for 7 and 2 points. 2 straight losses

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Spurs really doesn't have anything to brag about until they win another chip. I am impressed with their Euro style of play but Steve reasoning of having the best record winning the chip is still too ridiculous so I can't take him seriously.

I think it says a lot. No one expected the Spurs to be as good as they are...

Or the Lakers to be as bad as they are.

Given the parity and competitiveness in the NBA, only a Laker sycophant would continue to believe they will 3 peat.

It may not be the Spurs, but if not them, Dallas, Miami, or Boston.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I think it says a lot. No one expected the Spurs to be as good as they are... Or the Lakers to be as bad as they are. Given the parity and competitiveness in the NBA, only a Laker sycophant would continue to believe they will 3 peat. It may not be the Spurs, but if not them, Dallas, Miami, or Boston.
What are you talking about? You kept saying earlier that "the matter of fact is the Spurs has the best record so they'll win the championship." Matter off act is, #1 seed doesn't equate to a championship, simple as that. Either way, boom, 2 in a row loss. They can't beat a KG-less Boston?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
damn the spurs are so good. they really know how to beat winning teams

oh wait

dejuan blair 1 for 7 and 2 points. 2 straight losses

And he had 17 and 15 against the Lakers. Which shows how bad THEY really are.

After beating Dallas and the Lakers they're 4-4 (New Orleans split, Oklahoma, Los Ladies annhilation, Dallas split, Orlando, and Boston).

The Lakers lost 3 in a row, and 4 in a row and are 2-4 against good teams (Miami, the Spurs, Chicago twice, Denver, New Orleans).

The Spurs have lost one game to a really ****** team (the Clippers) and one to a very decent team (the Knicks)

The Lakers have lost to a bunch of ****** teams.

And they were run off the court by the Spurs' second team.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love watching the Dubs. A great group of guys and always bring the fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads