Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If the Lakers are involved, I don't see a reason why Dwight would end up in Houston. No point in them getting picks or Scola/KMart for Bynum.

2. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The only way Bynum is traded is if LA gets Dwight Howard and a long term contract.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I say just trade them anyways, Dwight hasn't promised to sign an extension if traded to the Lakers either. However, both will get the max money possible by resigning these teams so chances are they'll sign eventually. I think both are too greedy to test FA and sacrifice a couple of millions by signing to another team unless those teams are the other big market teams like NY or Miami, which is not likely anyways.

4. deveandepot1

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

all good points. so the Rockets deal them both away with no assurances of getting Dwight. so it's basically high stakes poker. so they really couldn't keep either one of the two PG's? I know they command a high price after last season's success but I would rather deal KMart or Scola before Lowry

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well it seems like the pick they'll send to Magic is part of the Lowry trade/deal and letting Dragic go is partly so they could absorb some of Magics big contract like JRich and in turn they might get Bynum or Howard.

Simpyl fact is, Lowry or Dragic aren't going to be filling up seats and those are the players that are more sought after too. I think they've been trying to deal KMart for 2 years now.

7. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

Yep thats true. Except they haven't really been shopping around Kmart until this year, he was doing pretty decent. But i'm thinking the rockets will have scott machado start at point because i'm pretty sure knicks will match Lin's offer. Machado will surprise people

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Keep in mind that KMarts been injury prone though.

9. deveandepot1

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

WTF, dude is suppose to get a knee surgery. How about doing that first before even considering vacation?

Also, Jamison was surprisingly good/decent last year. Had him for my fantasy league and he was actually doing work. He'll benefit from Nash for sure and spread the floor further. No opposition on my end as long he goes for dirt cheap.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+1 to Jamison being an unexpected fantasy stud-51 game seasons suit him well. how do you guys think players will adjust to the upcoming 82 game schedule. last season was pushed into mid/late june and now you have the olympics. Does this in any way affect Durant, Lebron, Westbrooks fantasy draft position?

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, not those young guys. They'll still be top 10 and KD & Lebron will still be top 2.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nets gave up on Howard, signed Lopez for 4-yrs $60m instead anc can't be traded until Jan. 15. Nets' new contracts: $98M (DWill), $40M (Wallace), $89M (Joe Johnson's contract), $60M (Lopez). Total: $287 million. :lol:

Now Lakers, make it happen and get rid of Bynum once and for all.

Also, Kaman to Mavs.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I say Lakers pickup Howard and win the 12-13 season, Nash finally receiving his ring

Miami will not repeat unless Allen really becomes a factor and/or magically, Howard goes to Miami (but not possible right with all the cap space).

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Damn, is Lopez worth max money?