NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think they want to start all over. To be honest, Lowry or Dragic aren't really players you want to build around on. Lowry might look like an injury risk and the Rockets probably has had it with injuries (See TMac & Yao). And Dragic is a good PG but I am not even sure he is starting caliber yet. There are easily 10 PGs (likely more) in the league that I'd take over him. Those two might have one of those cases of good players on crappy team syndrome too, it makes them look much better than they actually are.

The only PGs worth building around are CP3, DWIll, Westbrook, Rose, Irving, Rondo and maybe Parker. I'd easily take Lawson, Curry, Jennings, Ellis, Rubio, Conley, Calderon, Holiday, Evans, Wall and Lin over Dragic or Lowry and those are just from the top of my head.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Does Lin make that list of 10 PGs?

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Editted it and yes I'd take Lin over Dragic and Lowry. Not top 10 and not to build my team around but overall, yes, I might take Lin if I were a GM, get then Asianz market money.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I think you are mistaken. Dolan is stupid, make no mistake but Stevie Wonder can see what would happen to the Knicks fanbase if they let Lin go and he excels somewhere else (while they stink). Also, Knicks can match any offer so he won't really be getting less money. And the Knicks are the team that essentially made him, he seems to be grateful for that and lastly, the NYC market for an asian sports star is off the charts.

Jeremy Lin today accepted the Rockets’ backloaded, four-year, $28.9 million offer sheet, and it’s not as poisonous as it could have been. The final year has a team option.
    The Knicks, ignited by having Jason Kidd agreeing to join their roster and become Lin’s mentor, are expected to match. They officially will be presented the offer sheet July 11 and will have three days. It could take them three minutes.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick...er_sheet_jdO9DmUL6ykJsD4WF2wEVI#ixzz1znl3kvki

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Man, I'm really hoping that Nash works out. I have faith as he has managed to make a shit platter look like world beaters basically his whole career. About the only guy that looked as good or better w/o Stevie is Dirk.

I think the Lakers will have a legit shot at the chip IF they can keep their head straight and fucking Brown can figure out the concept of a rotation.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So how does that work exactly? If the Knicks match he is stuck there even if he does want to go to Houston?

I guess kind of like Eric Gordons situation, he wants to take the Suns offer but it looks like of NOH matches he is stuck there. He has stated his resentment with NOH and drafting another SG like him, so why would NOH match the offer and keep him? To be able to trade him for someone later on?

On another news, I didn't even know Bynum is getting another knee surgery. Dude needs to get traded for Howard like yesterday. He's been having knee surgery every year now?

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Actually, the more I think about it, Steve Nash flat out balled last year. He is a huge upgrade and will make that offence flow like butter.

Howard will be traded along with J-Rich, and they can pick up a few mid-level guys for the bench (Grant Hill). The future looks bright for the Lakeshow.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Didn't Nash average a double double last year? I think he had the most assists in the league and excellent percentages

9. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior member

The Rockets actually offered Lin less than what they offered Omer Asik (3 years 25 million)

10. moffy

moffy Senior member

Ya, there is no way they let him walk for free. That would essentially be the equivalent of trading Chris Paul for Aminu and the Rivers kid.

Worst case scenario is they sign him and then trade him for some other assets.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, I have - his reaction to the trade:

[​IMG]

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Over 10 assists per game while playing 32 mpg or something. Crazy efficient.

13. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I know almost every year since he left Dallas someone has predicted Nash would finally decline. While it hasn't happened yet, the possibility of him being worse or getting injured is still present. I really hope he plays well, but I wouldn't be shocked if something bad happened either.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Who do the lakers even have for backup point? Steve Blake?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

what a crazy off season this has been.

Lakers look like contenders
    Nets all of a sudden have the best backcourt
    Houston decided to get rid of 2 solid point guards and replace with mini-yao
    Mavs shit themselves (where's JJ when you need him?)
    Knicks improved, i think...

Funnest fact of the week: Joe Johnson is owned 90 mill over 3 years :spew: