NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

+1

I assure you Lebron will never approach Jordan's achievements by the end of his career.

Look, nobody really like the guy. I don't believe having a championship changes that. Yes, I wanted to see them fail. I wish the Thunder were a more refined team that were better coached and had a legit PG, but they weren't. Actually, Mark Cuban had it 100% right in those vids above... Thunder had the better team but were out coached... fucking incredible considering what a wet noodle Spoelstra is but oh well.

Lebron stays bitch, IMO. Jordan? Pfff... he hasn't even approached Kobe's achievements. Jordan, ha ha ha, thats a good one. I suspect many licking lebronballs were little kids when Jordan ruled the roost, you never really saw him and how much better than Lebron he was.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Westbrook can drive you insane but really at this point in his career, we can't really put all the blame on him. There are several games in the post season where he was the sole reason they won or were even close to winning. Sometimes, Durant simply doesn't demand the ball enough or Brooks doesn't make Westbrook to give the ball up but when he gets hot, he scores in bunches. Was it game 4 where Westbrook scored OKCs last 20 something points to keep them close? There are instances where Durant is either too passive or complains too much to the refs or simply gets shut down so he has stretches where he doesn't score or even touches the ball and that is when Russell and Harden takes over.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

okc basically lost cuz harden couldnt produce. if he produced his normal numbers all games would've been super close

and because heats role players really stepped up

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

don't forget 90% of the 50/50 calls went against OKC. :devil:

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

ESPN is awful. What do you guys read? After interning for a sports publication for a bit, I'm a bit jaded to everything now.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Almost all sports journalism is so badly watered down thats its not worth reading anything.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i enjoyed reading the analytical type blogs during the season. the ones that break down games and give a good explanation on what they feel teams should have done better on and why

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

9. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Not to be an ass or anything but this was the type of statement that Mark Cuban was knocking on.

But I get what you're trying to say: it was the lack of adjustments the coaching staff made to give Harden the best opportunity to score that contributed to the losses.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

50 - 50

Harden missed a lot of wide open shit.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

12. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Yea but that was mostly he was playing as a starter with KD and RB on the floor.

Let's not forget Harden's numbers is from him being a 6th man when KD is supposedly on the bench and he subs in with the energy to score. If he's out there playing like a starter, his energy and therefore, numbers are gonna drop.

His defensive assignment was Wade half the time if i recall correctly (other half was Sefalosha I believe.)

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

well defensive adjustments are part of the equation but harden missed a lot of easy wide open jumpers and threes. he had the same role as usual, but just wasn't great at it. but you're right. okc should've adjusted better to doubling james, making sure guys closed out the shooters (but then again they hadn't been shooting that well)

you also just have to look at what harden was producing in other playoff series vs what he produced in the heats series

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

this thread.