• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't open that can of worms again. First of all Jordan didn't abandon his team and joined another mans team. He stuck around and won 6, how many will Lebron win? Who knows? It took Jordan 7 years to win a chip and Lebron took 9 years and a short season (takes nothing away from them but if the Spurs gets an asterisk for it, the Heat should too). Jordan only had Pippen, Lebron had Wade & Bosh. Etc... Etc... Etc....

+1

I assure you Lebron will never approach Jordan's achievements by the end of his career.

Look, nobody really like the guy. I don't believe having a championship changes that. Yes, I wanted to see them fail. I wish the Thunder were a more refined team that were better coached and had a legit PG, but they weren't. Actually, Mark Cuban had it 100% right in those vids above... Thunder had the better team but were out coached... ******* incredible considering what a wet noodle Spoelstra is but oh well.

Lebron stays *****, IMO. Jordan? Pfff... he hasn't even approached Kobe's achievements. Jordan, ha ha ha, thats a good one. I suspect many licking lebronballs were little kids when Jordan ruled the roost, you never really saw him and how much better than Lebron he was.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Westbrook can drive you insane but really at this point in his career, we can't really put all the blame on him. There are several games in the post season where he was the sole reason they won or were even close to winning. Sometimes, Durant simply doesn't demand the ball enough or Brooks doesn't make Westbrook to give the ball up but when he gets hot, he scores in bunches. Was it game 4 where Westbrook scored OKCs last 20 something points to keep them close? There are instances where Durant is either too passive or complains too much to the refs or simply gets shut down so he has stretches where he doesn't score or even touches the ball and that is when Russell and Harden takes over.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
okc basically lost cuz harden couldnt produce. if he produced his normal numbers all games would've been super close

and because heats role players really stepped up

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

okc basically lost cuz harden couldnt produce. if he produced his normal numbers all games would've been super close

don't forget 90% of the 50/50 calls went against OKC. :devil:

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ESPN is awful. What do you guys read? After interning for a sports publication for a bit, I'm a bit jaded to everything now.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ESPN is awful. What do you guys read? After interning for a sports publication for a bit, I'm a bit jaded to everything now.

Almost all sports journalism is so badly watered down thats its not worth reading anything.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i enjoyed reading the analytical type blogs during the season. the ones that break down games and give a good explanation on what they feel teams should have done better on and why

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to be an ass or anything but this was the type of statement that Mark Cuban was knocking on.

But I get what you're trying to say: it was the lack of adjustments the coaching staff made to give Harden the best opportunity to score that contributed to the losses.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not to be an ass or anything but this was the type of statement that Mark Cuban was knocking on.
But I get what you're trying to say: it was the lack of adjustments the coaching staff made to give Harden the best opportunity to score that contributed to the losses.

50 - 50

Harden missed a lot of wide open ****.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

50 - 50
Harden missed a lot of wide open ****.

Yea but that was mostly he was playing as a starter with KD and RB on the floor.

Let's not forget Harden's numbers is from him being a 6th man when KD is supposedly on the bench and he subs in with the energy to score. If he's out there playing like a starter, his energy and therefore, numbers are gonna drop.

His defensive assignment was Wade half the time if i recall correctly (other half was Sefalosha I believe.)

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well defensive adjustments are part of the equation but harden missed a lot of easy wide open jumpers and threes. he had the same role as usual, but just wasn't great at it. but you're right. okc should've adjusted better to doubling james, making sure guys closed out the shooters (but then again they hadn't been shooting that well)

you also just have to look at what harden was producing in other playoff series vs what he produced in the heats series

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads