NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nash is better than CP3 at this point and time?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rose, I give you that but as a pure PG goes, CP3 > Rose. Efficiency CP3 >>>>>> Rose.
    DWill is second for pure PG. Efficiency CP3 >>>>>> Dwill.
    Rondo can't shoot to save his life, don't let the one playoff game where he made a few shots fool you, he's worst at the line than Lebron. Efficiency CP3 >>> Rondo.
    Parker is barely peaking for some reason, it took him a while. CP3s been doing this for years. CP3 > Parker still.

CP3 scores better, he can make 3's than all of those (minus Rose).
    CP3 passes as well if not better as Nash, DWill, Rondo.
    Efficiency, 10 assist to 2.5 to in his career. No one beats him there.
    Always on top if not leading PGs in steals.
    Only Nash beats CP3 in FT% and 3pt%.

You're insane to not consider CP3 a Superstar, GMs are ready to sacrifice their first born child to get him.

2. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i don't know anything about stats but i'm pretty sure a big brand name like CP3 will instantly put more seats in the arena than those listed above (with the exception of r ose)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Lol. Chris Paul is the best pure PG in the league and I don't think its a competition.

Rose is a 2 guard in a point's body. Nash is still pretty good offensively but hes a total liability defensively. Rondo and Paul are probably the best at creating and 'winging' it when the play breaks down- however, Paul is a much more prolific scorer (Rondo's playoff performance is a bit of an anomaly for a guy that's averaged 10 a game his entire career).

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I loled at Nash and Parker. Just look at his stats and clippers before and after cp3.

Lol dude. Cp3 is the best pg in the game today. Dude is absolutely perfect.

All the clips need is a real coach and a good shooting guard and they are finals material.

5. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Wade considering surgery (pending doctor's eval lol way too early ESPN reporting) and talking sitting out the Olympics. Guess that knee was pretty painful after all.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:( that is sad.

maybe not 2, not 3, not 4 after all

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Intangibles, ladies. I just dont like C Paul's play.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol. you just lost all credibility with me. i dont think you even really watch basketball much less clippers games

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Kobe baby Kobe

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I dunno if I agree with RFX about the max contract qualification. there are less than 10 superstars and what, 28 team payrolls? there will be 2nd tier guys that will get max contracts and that's probably fair market value. I do agree with the butt-in-seat criteria. I forgot Rose, add him to my list.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I didnt think I had any to begin with, so ya no loss.

I watched a few clips games, but I knew CP from before. He's not the same player after his knee injury, he's adapted well.

12. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

not zero
    not one

Trying to resist the urge to gloat after the fact, still remember the very palpable OKC hype after coming out of the west... this really should have gone more than 5, but a lack of composure and a few unlucky bounces were too much for the young guns to overcome ... 2-3-2 format sucks if you lose one of the first two games at home

Looking back at this run, that 3rd quarter in Game 4 vs the Pacers was probably the 'moment of truth' with Bosh out and the opponents smelling blood, Boston despite their age are always trying to get under your skin so I'm sure it was a relief to play the Thunder who don't need to resort to that kind of shady stuff...

Now LeBron, and the Heat can start playing basketball and enjoying it, instead of playing just to avoid losing. Dude would have been crucified had the team lost, but as with all Finals victories it's usually the role players that are the wildcard, at some point if you're a pro, playing in the biggest game, on the biggest stage I guess in your mind you forget you're a 'role player'. Battier was great.

^^The NBA point guard ranking is very fluid, changes almost day to day. But right now it's a toss up between Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole :satisfied:

Don't know if there is a 'right way' to lose but Thunder players stuck around at the end and sportsmanship is always good to see in a sport watched by so many kids ( and middle aged men on the interwebs who are equally as immature ).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  13. jet

jet Persian Bro

you think the heat would have stuck around if they lost? LeBitch would have been first one in the locker room :lol:

14. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

You mean he would have pulled a Dirk?

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Similar to what KG and Rondo did after they lost to the King...