1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I called to see the line right after the lakers loss OKC. the line was weirdly low: lakers -1.5pts so I put a big bet on them. then I got really paranoid why the line was still so low going into game time lakers -2.5 maybe Kobe's elbow was really injured..

it all worked out in the end but was sketchy as hell. again Vegas must have been killed when the lakers covered.

Nash maybe should be leading the 2nd unit. Kobe + Nash is too much of a defensive liability when facing trams with good guards like Westbrook.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

P.J. Carlessimo is an asshole.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

speaking of assholes...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...onds-criticism-former-orlando-magic-teammates

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. Steve B.

5. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

not sure if he is an asshole, but he is not an NBA coach, he is a college coach.

Don't understand what they are thinking with Humphries, what is his contract? They've basically announced that going forward they will give him away for anything and what if Mirza Teletubby does not work? Then you go back to Humphries? I wish the Knicks would have traded one of their senior citizens for him. Off the bench, he is a guy that can get a lot of rebounds for you, put an elbow on a guy that needs to have an elbow put on him and add some strength/size to a second unit, something the Knicks don't have.

6. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Amar'e had a good night. That makes me happy.

7. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

i got pissed and turned off the game, stopped the dvr and deleted it halfway through teh third quarter. thank god for endless re-runs.
    nash is having the same adjustment problems howard is ... in a different way, of course. he really stepped up in the second half of the okc game, but it seems hard for a motion offense pg to run a team when there's little to no motion. his role is pretty much a spot-up jump shooter right now.

8. Vickt

Vickt Well-Known Member

Funny. Wasn't "Princeton O turns Nash into just a spot up shooter" a big reason why Brown got canned?

1 person likes this.
  9. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

yeah, that's looking like another not-such-a-great buss move. d'antoni is having many of the same offensive problems, but not ggetting anywhere near the defense. good lord. 70 points in a half v. okc? 67 against the mfing hornets? good lord.

10. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

KOBE

KOBE

KOBE

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

YES

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Wait so are the lakers closing in on the 8th seed after all this shit this season?

'Course that means that these old guys are going expend everything in the tank to make the playoffs, only to get OKC in the first round :lol:

13. Steve B.

If OKC is the top seed...

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Oh, even if its San An, they're definitely not getting out of the first round. But after this disaster of a season, even hoping for a sliver of good news is enough.

Also, secretly hoping that Kobe averages 42 and 10 the rest of the way and pulls the MVP out of Lebron's hands.

15. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Well-Known Member

RE: Wizards, I'm having serious concerns about Sam Cassell being Wall's tutor. With the competent big men and a least one spot-up shooter, Wall should drop 6-8 dimes a game, but he's not there yet. He needs Rod Strickland to leave Kentucky and work with him again.

16. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

jesus, stat out for another 6 weeks :( he was playing legitimately strong inside the paint. Can someone who watches the Knicks explain to me why Chris Copeland has fallen out of the rotation :confused: The guy is a scorer from inside and out, high energy. Last time he played any real minutes was about a month ago I think, he had like 22 point in 20 minutes. Instead Woodson is bringing in Kenyon Martin and Steve Novak who hasn't had a good shooting game (except for tonight) in about 20 games. Woodson does not like to play young players and I think that is a problem with his coaching style.

17. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

seems like you already have the answer to your question

18. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

What Doc Rivers could do for Wall

1 person likes this.
  19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Bird Man's tattoos are darkening and staring to look like Vietnam vet turned biker/inmate ink. He is a poster child for why you should avoid doing this to yourself.

20. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

This is the dunk of the season

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]