NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i have a strange gut feelin that the lakers are going to take this one tonite. even though the line is -3 for the spurs.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

i have a strange gut feelin that the lakers are going to take this one tonite. even though the line is -3 for the spurs.

Should've had some Pepto Bismol, dude.

3 peat my %^&*. If Tony Parker and some "scrubs" from the bench can handle Pau and Kobe, you guys have got some real holes to fill.

Our Fox SW guys kept calling Odom Mr. Kardashian.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ok, now I turn into a worry-wart Laker fan. I still have them pegged for a 3-peat and I still predict the Spurs loses in the second round or conference finals (which I've given credit to since I had them out in the first round).

Lakers tends to get on these kind of streaks though and it is upsetting to say the least. It's their process though, they'll work it out eventually and be back on top.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Not worried.

5. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Should've had some Pepto Bismol, dude.

3 peat my %^&*. If Tony Parker and some "scrubs" from the bench can handle Pau and Kobe, you guys have got some real holes to fill.

Our Fox SW guys kept calling Odom Mr. Kardashian.

I think that was Sean Elliot.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Not worried.

yup.

Don't remember a championship ever being won in Dec. They're playing like shit, but we have FOUR months to figure it out.

See you in May/June suckas.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^hahahahaa

lulz @ fanbois getting all excited while we kick back and smoke a stog

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    weird game. they did most everything right but just couldn't hit open shots. i thought defensively that was one of their best games of the year (up until garbage time).
    interesting ... i just finished reading the bird-magic book and it really brought home what a grind the nba season is and how hard it is for even the most motivated athletes to maintain the focus that's necessary to perform at the highest level.

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

weird game. they did most everything right but just couldn't hit open shots. i thought defensively that was one of their best games of the year (up until garbage time).
    interesting ... i just finished reading the bird-magic book and it really brought home what a grind the nba season is and how hard it is for even the most motivated athletes to maintain the focus that's necessary to perform at the highest level.

That is the key. These guys have been playing an extra month for the last three years. Basically an extra season above what the rest of the league has played. Not to mention international play.

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    That is the key. These guys have been playing an extra month for the last three years. Basically an extra season above what the rest of the league has played. Not to mention international play.

yup, that's what i've been saying for a while. that book really made it explicit: counseling rookies that the 82-game regular season is equal to two entire collegiate seasons. And then the playoffs start and you get almost another entire collegiate season added on top.
    at one point, one of bird's coaches (believe it was bill fitch) resigned because he said "after 3 years, the players just stop hearing you". makes jackson's career all the more remarkable. and maybe explains his laid-back philosophy ... the players may stop listening to the coach, but they're not going to stop listening to the other players. so if they can solve issues themselves, it works much better in the long run.
    all that said, i'm really sick of watching sh*tty play.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

^same on that last line we've just gotten spoiled bc they win so much now they don't care until the second half of the season but it makes for boring basketball that's why I only watch sporadically and then religiously towards the end

they don't really have anything to prove but it sure would be nice

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

^same on that last line we've just gotten spoiled bc they win so much now they don't care until the second half of the season but it makes for boring basketball that's why I only watch sporadically and then religiously towards the end

they don't really have anything to prove but it sure would be nice

Uh, yeah, they have to win it again...

You're all just whistling past the graveyard.

DeJuan Blair had 15pts and 12 rebs. Pau had 9 an 9.

14. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

And Duncan had 2 points. What's ur point?

In other news, across my 4 leagues I think I have about 15 injured players today. Fucking AWESOME

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

LOL!!! Don't stress, nobody takes him seriously [​IMG]