NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Minne needs a LOT of things. Pek hasn't had a full season yet, but he could prove to be one of the league's top centers. Love is already a dominant PF. Rubio is a point guard who can't shoot worth beans and gets lost on D. Beyond that, shooting is absolutely horrid. Harden would set them back in progressing -- he's not a good point (and certainly wouldn't be better than a healthy Rubio).

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Okc doesn't NEED a real point guard. What they need is a coach that will train his team to make good solid plays with ball rotation, spacing, pacing, and off ball movement. Scott brooks isn't relying on iso too much bc that would imply there is some purpose behind the iso plays. Okc just doesn't know what else to do. Right after and during the spurs series they copied the spurs and had great movement. Now they've regressed to how they used to play when they were getting beat by the spurs. They're so talented its a pity all they have is scott brooks.

They need somebody to reteach them the fundamentals. Simple things like closing out shooters, helping the helper (eg on the pnr), watching the ball rotations, getting back on defense (esp if you're backcourt), boxing out your opponent in every possession. It's so frustrating to see them do the above so well during the spurs series and then totally forgetting them during the heats series.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Wade and Kobe are the only ones that are clearly superior. The rest are in the same league and you could probably make an argument for them.

(But Monta Ellis, really dude?)

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Umm, have you seen Monta play? Dude is beast and he plays/shares the ball with a full on PG in Curry (now with Jennings). When Curry is out, this dude goes out of his mind. Being in Cali, I actually see the Warriors play a lot (almost all pre-seasons are against them) and dude is a monster on the court.

Harden is still plagued with inconsistencies and that is evident this last few games and especially this Finals series. Will he become better in the future? Possibly but right now, Monta cans core anywhere on the court (drive, mid-range, 3's, ft) with a court vision of a PG w/o all the stupid flopping.

I'd also take Iggy over him, he's a baby Lebron and a possible triple double a night. EG is also a great talent is just an overwhelming scorer, I'd take him over Harden too w/o hesitation, he just needs to stay healthy.

5. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

It's amazing that the Wizards managed to trade away the worst contract in the NBA (Gilbert Arenas) for the second worst (Rashard Lewis), then trade him away for decent pieces. I guess there's always somebody willing to make a trade, and the Byzantine nature of salary structuring in the NBA set ups some really odd trades.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The comparison everyone makes is Marcus Camby. I think Davis is going to be better. He's a work in progress as an offensive player, but is going to make an immediate impact on the defensive end.

7. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Really surprised by this trade, Lewis definitely gets bought out by the Hornets, but it seems to go directly against the team's rebuilding strategy of building through the draft. The nice thing is the team is definitely becoming more defensive minded, but there really isn't any offense in a starting lineup of Wall, Crawford, Ariza, Nene, Okafor. Hopefully this trade is a sign that Okafor's knee issues are behind him, otherwise another silly trade by an inept front office.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Respecting his ability to play basketball and supporting him are not one in the same, you guys need to take his cock out of your throats the guy looks to you as pieces of shit (ironically).

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i really like his game and cannot comment really on my total outlook of the dude outside of the court

don't pay much attention to espn/sports news[networks] aside from actual games or pre- and post-game interviews
    small tidbits i see while at the gym like that one kid being able to play with the Heat and practice + shoot with LBJ was kind of weird

so i can say honestly i just respect the dude for what he does on the court. it entertains me from a competitive and skill set POV

and having known everyone in school that hated LBJ because they only got love for Kobe made me relish even more the times when James performed better as an individual athlete and in a team

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't think you watch his games, see my comment last night to you.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

who thinks it ends tonight, and who thinks it goes back to okc?

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Don't be surprised when it happens -- not for lack of success but because ownership won't have money.

Also, its funny to see the calls for sanity about not blowing up OKC but there was basically none of that before the series started and dudes were like, "yeah, they're going to be a dynasty."

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Kobe

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

spurs baby spurs!! LOL