• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah westbrook would make a great 2guard and is way too young/temperamental/triggery happy to be a good pg. if anything i feel like westbrook should trade places with harden as sixth man

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand your point(s). First you say that the refs clearly favored the Heat last night, then you say that the refs realized that they made in mistake in calling a foul on the Thunder (that favored/benefitted the Heat) so they made a make-up call on the Heat (that favored/benefitted the Thunder).

I'm saying that there may be clear orders being handed down on how officials are to call a game.

the refs will give make up calls to placate players during the middle/beginning of game (and it really works) - especially when the replays show a bad call.
I gave a clear example of a "make up call" to show how refs will take it upon them selves to correct a blatant mistake to save face (in the player's eyes). make up calls are actually a detriment because it backs up the conspiracy to make the game outcome closer.

its all bout making the game closer towards the 4th quarter to have a more exciting product.

OKC goes on a 10-2 run? then they'll start calling ticky-tack fouls for the heat (and offensive fouls that are actually 50/50 calls on OKC) to bring the game closer. Vice/versa when the Heat go on a huge run on OKC's home court.

stern and Co want a closer more competitive game for a better TV product.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm saying that there may be clear orders being handed down on how officials are to call a game.
the refs will give make up calls to placate players during the middle/beginning of game (and it really works) - especially when the replays show a bad call.
I gave a clear example of a "make up call" to show how refs will take it upon them selves to correct a blatant mistake to save face (in the player's eyes). make up calls are actually a detriment because it backs up the conspiracy to make the game outcome closer.
its all bout making the game closer towards the 4th quarter to have a more exciting product.
OKC goes on a 10-2 run? then they'll start calling ticky-tack fouls for the heat (and offensive fouls that are actually 50/50 calls on OKC) to bring the game closer. Vice/versa when the Heat go on a huge run on OKC's home court.
stern and Co want a closer more competitive game for a better TV product.

i hope that is not actually coming from stern. it would be very :(

43 pts with only 3 FTs, did the refs swallow their whistles or something?

jalen rose surmised on mike and mike this morning, that he "has styles on styles on styles on styles" that he moves so fast when he gets going, no one can even get near him enough to foul him.

just a theory.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think thats the ultimate way to force OKC into its true potential...just make westbrook into a 2 guard... the triangle implemented with that team would help its half court sets immensely...
maybe they can experiment by bringing in a PG to run the offense around westrbook and durant? ramon sessions is available :lol:

OKC has almost certainly blown this series so ya, if I were OKC I would trade Harden for a solid PG and move Westbrook to the 2. Forget this BS point guard experiment, the guy obviously has a low bball IQ and that wont change enough to make this a championship team.

******* Ray Allen is a free agent, bring him in. In fact, trade Harden + Perkins for a PG and sign Allen and Garnett.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westbrook's decision making can be taught, but no other pg is as good as him in creating those drives into the paint. You put him at the 2 guard and it's going to be a LOT harder for him to make plays like that because he'll need the pass first.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lakers can't win every year :foo:
It's funny LeBozo nut huggers coming to his defense like they owe him something after he basically shitted on all his fans before saying all you plebes will be going back to your pedestrian lives yet you continue to support him, **** is laughable.

I don't understand how anybody who is a fan of basketball would not appreciate his game. All the non-basketball junk is just that -- junk.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Westbrook's decision making can be taught, but no other pg is as good as him in creating those drives into the paint. You put him at the 2 guard and it's going to be a LOT harder for him to make plays like that because he'll need the pass first.

So pass him the ball.

And I dont agree that decision making can be taught. A good PG does it naturally and a championship team needs a guy that can be comfortable in that role.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ^ ^
I don't think getting an aging Allen and KG is the answer though. The OKC would want to stay young and athletic. Allen was hobbled this whole season (he actually just had a surgery on his ankles iirc) and practically the second half of last season too. KG always has nagging pains and he played well this year but he really isn't going to keep that up much longer. Plus I like OKC, no need to douche it up with KG.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thunder play a couple of bad games, and some of you want to break them up? :lol:

OKC is a victim of the ridiculous expectations they set by blowing away three champions in the Western Conference playoffs. In retrospect, everyone should have seen the difficulty they would have beating a team that made the Finals last year and that possesses two out of the top five players in the NBA.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The irony is that everyone was riding the hype that LBJ is a choker and cannot win games when it counts versus a young athletic team with great shooters.

Reality is that LBJ is a good player. A phenomenal player that was clouded in part by all his critics

So actually everyone was being spoon fed that this is the year KD will shine due to the hype that LBJ sucked so much last finals.

Everyone pays more attention to sensational journalism rather than what is fact.

I think we can all agree that KD and LBJ are both great players.

KD can shoot better (IMO) than LBJ

LBJ is just a better player (well-rounded) than KD

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Thunder play a couple of bad games, and some of you want to break them up? :lol:
OKC is a victim of the ridiculous expectations they set by blowing away three champions in the Western Conference playoffs. In retrospect, everyone should have seen the difficulty they would have beating a team that made the Finals last year and that possesses two out of the top five players in the NBA.

Where have I suggested blowing anything away? Trading Harden is not that big of a move.

The Thunder are the better basketball team, but they have fallen apart here. Reckless, no poise, and its clear they need a real PG.

Should OKC lose this, its at Harden's feet. Guy missed a breakaway layup last night FFS. He has one more game to make it right.

Westbrook, despite pulling hair out about him, has been their best player.

KD can shoot better (IMO) than LBJ
LBJ is just a better player (well-rounded) than KD

Problem exposed with Durant this series is that he cant bother anyone on offense or defense. He cant hold or get position.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want thunder to stay where they are. They just need finals experience and a good coach. I hope harden and ibaka stay even without max contracts

Seriously last night was all isos. No plays whatsoever and you have the heats running motion plays and pnr after pnr

Thunders also have no drive. Nobody gets back on defense to stop easy buckets by the heats except Westbrook.

Last edited:

moffy

Reaction score
I think OKC just needs to age. They went from a first round exit to the finals in three seasons without any significant personnel changes.

This is essentially the same team from two years ago. They've just gotten better. And no one on that team's core is near their peak yet.

If they come up short next year, then they should look at shaking things up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads