NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yeah westbrook would make a great 2guard and is way too young/temperamental/triggery happy to be a good pg. if anything i feel like westbrook should trade places with harden as sixth man

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'm saying that there may be clear orders being handed down on how officials are to call a game.

the refs will give make up calls to placate players during the middle/beginning of game (and it really works) - especially when the replays show a bad call.
    I gave a clear example of a "make up call" to show how refs will take it upon them selves to correct a blatant mistake to save face (in the player's eyes). make up calls are actually a detriment because it backs up the conspiracy to make the game outcome closer.

its all bout making the game closer towards the 4th quarter to have a more exciting product.

OKC goes on a 10-2 run? then they'll start calling ticky-tack fouls for the heat (and offensive fouls that are actually 50/50 calls on OKC) to bring the game closer. Vice/versa when the Heat go on a huge run on OKC's home court.

stern and Co want a closer more competitive game for a better TV product.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

3. dabestspoona

dabestspoona Active Member

43 pts with only 3 FTs, did the refs swallow their whistles or something?

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i hope that is not actually coming from stern. it would be very :(

jalen rose surmised on mike and mike this morning, that he "has styles on styles on styles on styles" that he moves so fast when he gets going, no one can even get near him enough to foul him.

just a theory.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

OKC has almost certainly blown this series so ya, if I were OKC I would trade Harden for a solid PG and move Westbrook to the 2. Forget this BS point guard experiment, the guy obviously has a low bball IQ and that wont change enough to make this a championship team.

Fucking Ray Allen is a free agent, bring him in. In fact, trade Harden + Perkins for a PG and sign Allen and Garnett.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Westbrook's decision making can be taught, but no other pg is as good as him in creating those drives into the paint. You put him at the 2 guard and it's going to be a LOT harder for him to make plays like that because he'll need the pass first.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

8. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I don't understand how anybody who is a fan of basketball would not appreciate his game. All the non-basketball junk is just that -- junk.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So pass him the ball.

And I dont agree that decision making can be taught. A good PG does it naturally and a championship team needs a guy that can be comfortable in that role.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^
    I don't think getting an aging Allen and KG is the answer though. The OKC would want to stay young and athletic. Allen was hobbled this whole season (he actually just had a surgery on his ankles iirc) and practically the second half of last season too. KG always has nagging pains and he played well this year but he really isn't going to keep that up much longer. Plus I like OKC, no need to douche it up with KG.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The Thunder play a couple of bad games, and some of you want to break them up? :lol:

OKC is a victim of the ridiculous expectations they set by blowing away three champions in the Western Conference playoffs. In retrospect, everyone should have seen the difficulty they would have beating a team that made the Finals last year and that possesses two out of the top five players in the NBA.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

The irony is that everyone was riding the hype that LBJ is a choker and cannot win games when it counts versus a young athletic team with great shooters.

Reality is that LBJ is a good player. A phenomenal player that was clouded in part by all his critics

So actually everyone was being spoon fed that this is the year KD will shine due to the hype that LBJ sucked so much last finals.

Everyone pays more attention to sensational journalism rather than what is fact.

I think we can all agree that KD and LBJ are both great players.

KD can shoot better (IMO) than LBJ

LBJ is just a better player (well-rounded) than KD

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Where have I suggested blowing anything away? Trading Harden is not that big of a move.

The Thunder are the better basketball team, but they have fallen apart here. Reckless, no poise, and its clear they need a real PG.

Should OKC lose this, its at Harden's feet. Guy missed a breakaway layup last night FFS. He has one more game to make it right.

Westbrook, despite pulling hair out about him, has been their best player.

Problem exposed with Durant this series is that he cant bother anyone on offense or defense. He cant hold or get position.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I want thunder to stay where they are. They just need finals experience and a good coach. I hope harden and ibaka stay even without max contracts

Seriously last night was all isos. No plays whatsoever and you have the heats running motion plays and pnr after pnr

Thunders also have no drive. Nobody gets back on defense to stop easy buckets by the heats except Westbrook.

15. moffy

moffy Senior member

I think OKC just needs to age. They went from a first round exit to the finals in three seasons without any significant personnel changes.

This is essentially the same team from two years ago. They've just gotten better. And no one on that team's core is near their peak yet.

If they come up short next year, then they should look at shaking things up.