NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

No, just Lebron. He who never fouls.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

lol sock face

ed, you suck at trolling.

3. in stitches

btw, in the last minute, the foul on mashburn? after the jump ball, when miami would have only had 5 seconds, was :facepalm:

i almost threw my shoe at the TV.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Lakers can't win every year :foo:

It's funny LeBozo nut huggers coming to his defense like they owe him something after he basically shitted on all his fans before saying all you plebes will be going back to your pedestrian lives yet you continue to support him, shit is laughable.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i betch-a the Thunder make a run at Phil Jackson....

westbrook is a perfect case study/experiment that Jackson loves to deal with

thunder are clearly championship contenders (perfect for jackson to swoop in)

thunder players are starting to hate their coach/blame their coach for the losses.

toxic situation is toxic

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

:teach::lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

PJ wants to coach coaches.

What makes you say this?

I do agree S Brooks has made some really shitty moves. Another one I thought of this morning is why doesnt OKC mix it up a bit more and send the ball down into Ibaka and Perkins sometimes? When you run the same 3 players at a team over and over (players that basically do the same thing) it gets easy to defend it. If they posted up occasionally, forced a collapse, something to change it up.... right now Miami just has to trundle back into their same spot on court, fight the pick and roll and either defend a jumper or collapse around the player driving to the basket. Same shit every possession. What made Boston so effective was the variety.

In game 1 Ibaka was active offensively. He scored more points in that game than any of the losses. Also, Ibaka needs to start playing smart defense. Goal-tending a ball that was inches from the rim AND fouling Wade was some stupid shit. He is desperate to block shots and he is trying too hard. In G3 the idiot fouled a 3 point shooter trying to block his shot.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think okc would thrive under triangle offense. maybe bring on phil jackson as a consultant instead of head coach

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

It will be at least another 5 years for the Lakers. They need to rebuild and get rid of Kobe.

10. in stitches

i dont get it. jamall? :confused:

11. thinman

thinman Senior member

Thunder have lost the last 2 games due to inexperience or, more specifically, the Heat's greater playoff experience.

Meanwhile, LeBron is having one of the best, if not the best, performances in playoff history, Bosh is contributing and both Shane Battier (Games 2 and 3) and Mario Chalmers (Game 4) are stepping up big-time. The Heat are playing very well as a team :(. The Thunder need to crank up the defensive intensity and play smart defense (no more fouling 3-point shooters).

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the foul was committed by westbrook on mario chalmers (who iced the game with clutch freethrows). .

there was some choice words hurled at the coach from players (perkins) during the latter part of last night's game.

also westbrook went into "beast mode" last night... but thats NOT that how OKC wins... its when westbrook actually distributes the ball well. Van Gundy was constantly complaining about all the isolation plays (as were you) during last nights game.

westbrook also was defiant in his way with the media (claiming he won't change his game)... and his response (40+ points in a loss with shitty exucuted offense).

westbrook needs to be guilted/tricked/manipulated into playing like a good point guard - when he usually plays like dwane wade (a 2 guard).

phil jackson loooves dealing with temperamental/ornery 2 guards... I'd say Phil's the superstar 2-guard whisperer.

13. in stitches

right, right, chalmers. i couldnt remember the name, that why i put the "?" in there. lol, my bad. thanks for the correction.

14. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I don't understand your point(s). First you say that the refs clearly favored the Heat last night, then you say that the refs realized that they made in mistake in calling a foul on the Thunder (that favored/benefitted the Heat) so they made a make-up call on the Heat (that favored/benefitted the Thunder).

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I think thats the ultimate way to force OKC into its true potential...just make westbrook into a 2 guard... the triangle implemented with that team would help its half court sets immensely...

maybe they can experiment by bringing in a PG to run the offense around westrbook and durant? ramon sessions is available :lol: