NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Was reading some commentary earlier today: somebody points out that Jordan had been in the league longer than Lebron before he won his first ring. Response? "Well, he was losing in the conference finals not the Finals, so that means he wasn't choking."

So dumb.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^the heat deserve all their wins - but the home games have been really aided by officiating.

its like the thunder need to be clearly/blatantly fouled to get a call. and the heat get favorable quick calls during 50/50 situations (especially with the offensive fouls called on the Thunder).

DeadSpin covered the Tim Donaghy book and had him actually break down a ton of game footage showing how the refs clearly get word from the higher ups on how to call a game (with thinly veiled biases towards teams).

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

^if you think that it doesn't exist then think back to the play where durant clearly blocked wade's dunk attempt but is called for a foul... then the replays repeatedly showed the clean block... wade hits the 1st free throw... the 2nd free throw there's a quick offensive foul called on Shane Battier... replays show its normal contact.... so there was a make-up call in favor of the Thunder.

its scary stuff to think how the NBA manipulates the games (most likely to keep the games close when large leads happen) especially in the playoffs.

^still the heat deserve to win. the bench has finally stepped up and bosh looks to be totally healthy.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^games are called like that all the time. something to do with gambling

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

its more of keeping the games close for a better product to be shown in the 4th quarter (where the ratings really matter).

either way its a compelling watch... damn the series is frantic.... its like watching a live NBA Jam game.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i do think you have a point in tonight's game. there were some questionable calls going for the Heat, i can't recall though if any of them swung the endgame. but Game 3 i felt was called equally. if there were any missed calls both teams got shafted.

btw in that link Donaghy clearly says that the NBA premeditatively screwed Sacramento and Portland in the early 2000's to get the Lakers to advance and ultimately threepeat :lol:

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ I personally love when there's a true team of destiny that wins despite having the NBA clearly calling games against them - maybe like last years Dallas Mavericks that would still win because they hit like 90% of their jumpshots. Probably the 2004 pistons too...

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Wade looking fly

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, its true. Every game has favored the heat with fouls. There was a stretch in the 3rd where james was at the line every time down the court.

The officiating has been shit. Worst I have seen in a long time. Its blatant.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

toasty suckin lebrons dick :lol:

I can always count on hroi to post immediately after a win but somehow lose his way to his computer when they lose

lol @ lebron being tough

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

LeBron = GOAT.

For all the talk of a dynasty in OKC (lol) its funny to think your dynasty will now be in South Beach. OKC ownership isn't going to have unlimited money soon so kiss your team goodbye.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

sorry that I couldn't poast after KD's heroics in game 1. I was too busy playing Doodle Jump

btw, the fishing is great in Miami this time of year. Kobe should come down, he's not doing anything these days :p

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

+1

Some work in the salt mines 14 hours a day
    Some survive POW camps for years

Lebron played basketball with a leg cramp.

I'm definitely not tough. I'd prly quit on the salt mine and hang myself as a POW, but I could sure as fuck play a bit of bball with a wittle weg cramp.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Willis Reed it's not, but he's having an absolutely historic playoff run and came through just enough (in the 4th) to get his team the win despite limping around horribly. If this doesn't rewrite the "soft" and "chokers" memes, it's just because people want to hate.

lol Spoken like somebody who's never had a cramp while trying to play sports. I've tried to compete through cramps, hard to play when your muscles literally won't work.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Well, I have. Happened to me in a football game in HS. Not a big deal. LeBron was acting for the camera. What a hero.

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Right I'm sure he was acting his way into not playing the last minute of the game.

Happens to NFL players all the time. I'm sure they're all just vaginas too, having to take time off and run to the locker room for IVs.