1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

those fuckers have enough of my money, I might as well :p

probably enough of a stake to get a Lebron headband as a dividend when they win :nodding:

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i will agree to this mostly, besides the goal tend. a call or no call, the shot may or may not have dropped anyways.

but the goal tend PUT 2 POINTS on the board that should not have been there.

3. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

yeah man, but it's a slippery slope. the blocking foul call on Battier also put 1 point on the board that clearly should not be there. if it was a no-call, Chalmers already had the ball. instead Durant steps up and hits 1-of-2. thats clear too, but you can see how this will never end and start getting into the gray areas. if we say the foul should have been called on Lebron during the 2nd to last play, how many points should we award OKC? Durant is what, an 90% ft shooter, so should they get 1.8 points? but he was 4-6 during the game, so maybe not....I'm being deliberately ridiculous here, but hopefully it shows my point

with that said, i dont know why they can't review that play in the finals and reverse the call. I think the league got it right by allowing instant replay at the end of games, they just need to use it more. there was an out of bounds call in the ECF in favor of Miami that was reversed and correctly given to Boston, which allowed them to salt away the win. last night the exact same thing happened on the Sefolosha play...both times a huge call was called incorrectly, reversed, and travesty avoided.

4. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

So sad....:(, but looking forward to Game3 and a fast start by the Thunder!

5. Wade

Wade Senior Member

not happening.
    Miami will win at least 2/3 of the games at home and Lebron will finally get his ring in game 7

6. 1969

1969 Distinguished Member

Rooting hard for KD but refs got it right- you can't call that foul on the last possession.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

especially since there was no flailing/shrieking/face of rape done by KD when it happened.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Miami. It took a while but I cannot cheer for the murderer of my brothers. Better to root for their annhiliation.

9. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior Member

Yeah, well, Ibaka got away with a goaltending earlier in the game when he pinned Wade's layup attempt against the backboard. They showed that play many times from behind the glass but neither JVG or Breen commented on it. Nonetheless, it was goaltending but wasn't called.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

10. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior Member

I've been a Heat season ticket holder since their first year (1988-89) and have 2 tickets for each of the games in Miami. Section 309, Row 1. They are above the Heat bench and line up with the top of the three point line. I'm happy to go but willing to sell. If anyone is interested in buying the tickets feel free to PM.

Also, let me know if this is an inappropriate post and I will delete it.

11. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

:fu:

Thought G3 was tonight

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

It would have been nice though

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

idfnl if you have not seen this yet:

14. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I did... was great to watch. Full vid in that link too. Anyone that hasn't should see it. Loved the scene with Stockton walking around town.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

15. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member