NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Maybe it's all the dancing he does?

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Is it true that he parties a lot?

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sure looks like it from the pics I've seen from this year alone. They always have big bashes on each other birthdays, then holidays and events that they are hosting. It doesn't help that they are close friends with a bunch of celebrities like Kanye, JayZ, Drake, etc... Sure they may not drink to a point where they get trashed but it still takes a toll in the body staying out late, dancing, partying, etc... especially on a shortened season.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

oh please. being exhausted is not a matter of will

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ask Jordan that in the vid above.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

again it's not a matter of will but conditioning.

and lebron might have looked exhausted but he put up 30 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

He does look gassed at the end of it. I saw him sit in the corner for a few possessions during the Boston series just to catch his breath.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

lol.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

No, he is not...

...because of this. Oh, and because he has exactly zero championships on his resume, which is, what, six fewer than MJ?

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^it took jordan 7-8 years to learn to play like that - until jordan mastered how to conserve himself to totally explode in the 4th Q.

for the first 7 years... jordan was being beaten by the celtics/pistons even when producing his guady numbers.

before that jordan would constantly do lebron-like things and still lose (even in the playoffs). remember jordans 63pts in a loss against the celtics in the 80's? the sad part about jordan's 63pt game is that a lot of people think he won that game - but he didn't and the sports writers and haters looooved showing how jordan couldn't win the big games/series.

lebron needs to be treated like a NFL player and be forcibly subbed out by the coaching staff to have him playing the the 4th with more energy.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

11. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Their minutes on the court aren't exactly equivalent.

For the most part they only play one side of the court.

Durant/Rondo don't play defense nearly as well as LBJ does.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Difference is coaching and a player that can play next to him. Pippen is a great wingman and an all-star/superstar on his own right but he really complimented MJ well. W/o those two, the Bulls really wouldn't be as good as they were but that really takes nothing away from MJ, he was simply born a beast.

It really had nothing to do with getting used to it, one of the other benefits he had is playing in college. There was a report or study a year ago about how college players body adapts better when they get to the NBA in comparison to those that came out straight of high school. Their body managed to stay healthier longer unless you really train hard like Kobe and KG. So Lebron, being in his 9th year might start taking toll on his body? Dude is a monster but MJ is just a different beast. I watched the Dream Team documentary on NBA TV last night and they were astonished at MJs conditioning. Dude played 36 rounds of golf, practiced/played ball and then gambled with Barkely and Magic until 5am everyday and still had the most energy on the court and still dominated.

I really encourage any basketball fans to watch it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seeing how much of a loud mouth Barkley was (still is), the competitiveness between each player, Magic & Bird playing together and even Stockton being able to walk down the street w/o anyone recognizing him was just awesome. :lol: It's a nice glimpse at the past and how much players has evolved to today. I really do not think todays "Dream Team" can hold a candle to the '92 team.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Going to have to disagree. Rondo is all over the place on defense, you really can't be on top of the steals per game chart by just standing around and dude has had 2-3 triple double in this post season alone? He obviously rebounds and for his size, that takes a lot of moving, anticipation and a couple of bumps from bigger guys here and there. He also has to chase and run on defense and going through screens and he is known for his hustle plays. I say he does just as much on defense (if not more) on defense as Lebron.

As for Durant, well he did play as a PF in the Spurs series and had to work hard to get open so I still say him staying on the court for 48min and scoring 18pts in the 4th is a feat onto itself.

14. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

I'll concede Rondo, he does work on defense.

I just don't view him as the defensive "stopper" on the Celtics, it just seems like Pierce is called on to guard the other team's best player. I'm sure size has a lot to do with it.

On the other side LBJ is called on to guard almost all five positions on the court. He had to switch to Westbrook the other night because Wade was getting used like a dirty napkin.

Its hard to compare them because of LBJ's sheer size.

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Rondo is by far the best defensive pgs in the league right now.