1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

It's all unfolding

The drama that is LA

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol:

They just need to get rid of D'Antoni, I am almost certain Phil would have made these guys play together much better.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

They need Uncle Drew and Wes to come teach them how to play old school ball.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You guys are crazy if you think there is even a slight chance Kobe will get traded. Lakers always sells ticket because of him.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Speak for yourself. KG is awesome. Love that little bitch.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this trade machine is fun. Howard for Bosh straight up works also

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

that's a good column. i was a mda fan when he came in, but i really don't think he's done himself any favors this year. it's been a series of tough situations (coming in with the season started; lots of injuries; one of the three or four toughest markets in the league). but he can't seem to find a way to make the major pieces fit (howard/gasol/nash/bryant) and the way players fall in and out of favor with his rotations i think is a real morale dump. Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks, Meeks, Morris ... players go from starters to 0 minutes at what seems to be a whim, and the one thing they all say is that d'antoni's not telling them what they're doing wrong or what they need to improve. it's all the way up to gasol now. howard is a great talent, no doubt, but some games he just checks out. last night he got stripped down low at least 4-5 times. and one time kobe drove and dished him the ball and hit him in the back because he wasn't paying attention.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

wow Uncle Drew just put a hurting on the Celtics

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This article got me laughing. Me my friends used to joke around on who we could beat or come close to beating in the NBA and they always say Scalabrine (no joke) or Madsen and I always tell them they had no clue what the hell they were talking about because NBA players surpass D-League and I told them probably couldn't even beat most of the lower division college player but they always laughed at me. And then I read this and there was doubt in my mind that most fo my friends that were talking won't even score a basket against any NBA players. :lol:

Link to the vid: http://boston.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8213307

1 person likes this.
  12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i used to run regularly with one of the guys on the USC team. guy almost never played (he did have a scholarship though) for a school that wasn't even competitive at the time in D1, much less the NCAA. dude could still run the table playing with any four scrubs, that's how big the difference is between even marginal athletes at that level and the best playground ballers.

of course, things are probably different in places like DC and NY. this was suburban LA

13. jet

jet Senior member

hell nah that nikka ain't goin nowhere

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

gonna be a fucking disaster if they sign him and keep D'Antoni.

15. jet

jet Senior member

can't even stand the look of d'antoni's pussy ass scowl sittin there on the bench all the time

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

14min and 25sec mark: FINALLY!

its when they finally have an athletic black guy going at Scal. The other two were caucasian.

^this same situation happened when Joe Kleine (the 90's tall caucasian NBA stiff) showed up at the Providence College Basketball summer camp I went to in the early 90's. The thing is though Joe Kleine was a fucking muscular scary assed 6'11" monster still in his prime - compared to the soft looking retired Scalabrine.

the thing I remember is when kleine would rebound he'd naturally slap the ball when grabbing it. it was so loud and scary and violent - that in retrospect I think klein may have been taking steroids. he was rebounding like that even with one on one when he didn't have to.

He just out physical-ed the top players (3 of which when to division 1 schools) and even the Providence college players. He then had a shooting contest with Eric Murdock (1st round pick of the Jazz - and possible "john stockton successor " :lol: ). They were hitting half court shots using regular shooting form and bank shot threes from the baselines.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013