1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

i guess it depends on whether harden or ibaka want to play for another team for big money

[​IMG]

Seems like they can make room for ibaka and harden by not offering extension to some of the more useless players. maybe get a decent draft pick

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

Pretty much true for any statistical analysis of sports. I read something arguing against "hot streaks," basically saying it was statistical clustering within the averages. Anybody who has actually played a sport will tell you that sometimes you just feel it and are better than usual. How frequently you get that feeling and your usual baseline determines your average. The statistics all derived from that, so you can't really explain it away with them.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

its really not fair to harden.... think about it... the next CBA comes in a couple of years. its a better financial security move (for his life and family) to lock up a max contract that will be grandfathered into the next CBA. weather the thunder will give it to him or not is up to the thunder.

4. indesertum

5. moffy

moffy Senior Member

Given the current CBA, no team can give Harden and Ibaka more money and more years than OKC.

So OKC can keep this team together as long as they want. They would just have to pay a buttload in luxury tax.

6. Imhoff

Imhoff Distinguished Member

And how many owners enjoy doing that?

7. Imhoff

Imhoff Distinguished Member

Interesting little fact I saw on ESPN this morning:

The Thunder have beaten teams in this years playoffs that have been 10 of the last 13 NBA champions. (Lakers, Mavs, Spurs) and no matter if they play the Heat or Celtics, that will make 11 teams out of the past 13 that have won the championship. No one can say the Thunder had it easy to get to where they are today.

8. moffy

moffy Senior Member

Well, that's why it's unlikely that they keep all four. But technically, there's nothing that prohibits them from doing so.

If it's the Celtics they end up beating, they're basically beating all the old farts. So much for veteran experience.

9. indesertum

now they just have to meet the jazz in the playoffs next year

10. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Its not that bad. I'm more bugged by hearing "and that's #2 on James" midway thru the 4th every game I watch Miami play. The fact that he actually fouled out of a game beggars belief.

Also, geez, they are allowing 4 steps now to the basket. There was a play last night that Parker looked on his way to completing a long jump rather than a drive to the hoop.

By the way, watching Russell Westbrook elevate on a pull up jumper is a thing to behold. Nobody else can do that.

Yeah, wtf, is there a line? Personally I would love to see James become the next Barkley/Iverson. Not 1, not 2, not 3... fucking arrogance of that.

Nate Robinson plays for OKC :puzzled:

11. indesertum

he did. they traded him january 2012 to gsw where he's been pretty beastly when curry was injured

12. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Lakers, baby, Lakers!!!! :happy: (I couldn't resist)

+1
    No, but he is on the roster.:)

Am I reading the graphic correctly, that Westbrook is unsigned for next year?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Wade starting off terrible again. Lebron going beast mode right now.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Your spurs done gone fishin buddy! LOL!!!

Love the sig :)

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

You've just been awarded an NBA franchise and David Stern lets you pick any current NBA player to start your team. Do you pick LeBron, Durant, or somebody else? I've got LeBron.