1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

OMG man, it has nothing to do with the dunk. Its the Laker pine rider about to launch himself like a scud missile reacting to the dunk then getting sat by his teammate and turning his head to sweat Dwight. And him looking right at it? Howard turned to the bench for reaction, to see that, ha ha ha. Epic burn. Talk about Chemistry. Could you imagine that happening on a '96 Bulls bench?

Come on man, you're trolling, that shit was :lol:, :fonz: and :embar:.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i remember back in the day if you tried to show up Shaq, Barkley, Oak or certain other guys by dunking on them, you were going to get laid the fuck out. if not on that play, you'd be sure of it happening sometime in the near future. another entertaining 'game within the game'.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

NBA is too soft these days, it's the only reason one man can say "your wife taste like honey nut cheerios" to another man and get away unscathed.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Reposting for the lulz.

OMG, I cannot stop watching this.

Yo Roi, can you imagine what Zo, Barkley or Oakley would do if they saw a bench scub stand up and daym pfff you like that on Henderson's dunk? I just know Howard went home thinking about that stand up from the bench. This is just not being classified properly in the annals. I will remember this shit forever. Ar-fucking-chived.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

The good ole days. I remember in a playoff series, first play of the game Reggie Miller gets a fast break lay-up. As he is running back inbounds from under the basket, Oakley just lays him flat on his ass with an elbow to the face. Let em know early what kind of game they are in for.

Would love to see one of these new high fliers try to embarrass Rodman in his prime
    with a dunk.

1 person likes this.
  6. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

fuck. I have Howard too.12th place here I come.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Watched the end of 2nd qtr and all of 2nd half LAC vc DAL

Way to close out the game, LA.

Dirk was making his crazy shots again at the end, but I think it was a bit too late.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

glad dwight has been reduced to an ordinary center, was never a fan.

9. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

He's no Mike Gminski.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'm not kidding about that clip above. Its a treasure chest. Beyond the lulz, there is a lot of meaning in that scrub standing up. Howard is not respected in that dressing room. As of now, I can't see him coming back to LA.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Larry sanders is a beast

12. jet

jet Senior member

big game on friday baby

13. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

knicks, baby, knicks.

(so far)

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

here's my larry sanders story:

he went to vcu, and he is a fucking scary guy in person. very big, and while he might be undersized on the court, he doesn't look it in person. he's also very tattted up and has two big machine guns on his torso. anyway, apparently a couple of years ago he was driving in richmond and he cut some guy off. the guy speeds up and motions him off the road, he obliges, and this guy -- who turned out to be in some frat at another school -- ran out of his car ready to fight. larry sanders steps out, swings once, and breaks the guys jaw. i heard that athletics stepped in and hushed it up and that's why no charges were pressed.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

once he figures out how to stop fouling he'll be triple doubling regularly in pts/rebs/blocks

one of the fantasy bball writers keeps referring to him as "The Show". i like it, has that caught on yet?

16. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

never mind

17. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Lakers losing again?

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Biggest feet in the NBA. Nobody can run with him except Ibaka and Hibbert. Send that homey to Hakeem in the off season and you have a monster on your hands.

Man, I passed on him like 4 times in fantasy. I'm a dolt. Now I am playing hope with John Henson.

Yup. You Lakeshows are ignoring this.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

That dude standing up told a bigger story than 10 D Aldridge articles could. Discombobulated DH getting sweated by the bench? Cannot stop watching it. All my boys at work today gave it a resounding 'daaaaym yo.... Howard is a Maverick in '13' and 'scrub DID NOT just do that", not to mention 'riding the pine at Home Depot was never so cheap, no need for a sale... DH is 30% off'.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  19. jet

jet Senior member

sup fatty :eek:

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i got him off the waiver wire :slayer: