NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Alright, let's all put the differences aside and be in unison a the fact that the Heat might lose and the self proclaimed king will still have no ring after this season?

Well I guess except for HRoi. But let's enjoy this moment.

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Pau shit the bed at the end of that game.

Lakers offense has looked so, so ugly all season and they are paying for it now. They have a load of talent and Kobe so they can score, but damn, the are rough to watch at times.
    They really need to get some consistent, go to plays for easy baskets and really, really, need some depth and some players with fire in their belly. As good as Bynum has been this year, he checks out far too much for me to trust him.

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Woot!

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Yes. Assuming victory this evening, and the way he's played for the series. BTW, why is Duncan always described as old when he's outplaying the LAC front court, as he did the vaunted Jazz, and much of the rest of the NBA for the last month?

:)

Um- that's why there are sports channels and newspapers. Again, these people are paid a lot of money to be more expert than either of us? Am I right? Am I really the one who needs to grow up?

This comes down to the same thing. This is the Laker thread. If anyone else doesn't suck ass they get ridiculed and have their intelligence questioned. Babies. Sore losers,

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

No, you actually know nothing. I am saying that you believe everything they say or write, which isn't always true and accurate. These guys aren't perfect, they do not always get it right but you believe them like no other. If they are so good, they'd be betting in Vegas and be millionaires by now. There are often inconsistencies in their analysis and I know because I saw the game and see replay of what they are talking about. I mean these guys could say Dwight is officially 5 feet tall and you'd believe it just because they printed it or said it on tv. :lol:

And your comments is always about what ESPN says, like you never watch the game.

And your only comeback is this is a Laker thread. That is so 2 years ago, get over it. There are like a handful of us here who cheers for the Lakers and Jet and I are the only one calling you out on your stupidity. Then when there is no Laker talk, you whine and complain how its quite because the Laker fans has nothing to say and then goad us to come back. So yeah, you need to grow up.

I've continuously analyzed and shared opinions and predictions on the whole league and what is going on. Im a Laker/Clips fan so yeah that will be who I am cheering for but when the discussion about other teams come up, I discuss that too. But you yourself, being a Spurs fan still brings up the Lakers (who isn't involved with the Spurs yet) for some reason and then you wonder why this becomes a Laker heavy thread.

We aren't sore losers at all, we don't say "Fuck you because we lost". Are we sad the Lakers/Clips are losing, of course but we aren't as biased as you say. Hell I clearly admitted the refs helped the Lakers win game 3. I always try to be unbiased and is just as big of a Lakers critic as anyone could be. I often call out Bynum and Pau. Again these are things you refuse to read or just do not comprehend for some reason. Maybe just so you can say this is a Lakers thread? Hell you even admitted you only hate the Lakers because Kobe raped some chick like it's your ass that he personally violated.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

This could go on forever. I quit. you win.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yay!

But seriously, all I ask is watch the game and discuss what you see. Simple as that.

8. 1969

1969 Senior member

Somebody please post Kobe's between the legs scissors dribble last night...hilarious.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

:fu:

body language of everyone except Lebron is all wrong. this is pretty much an elimination game. they just don't get it, and I'm starting to think they never will

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

They won guys

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Religion. Politics. Sports.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

LeBron 40, DWade 30, rest of Heat 31.

LeBron was just nuts, 40 points, 18 rebounds, 9 assists, good D and played 44 minutes. His conditioning must be off the charts.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yet dude checks out of games at times. Good to finally see the Cavs Lebron but damn w/o Bosh, they are worst than OKC, at least they still have Harden to be that 3rd scoring option. With the Heat, you don't know who else is going to score. Today is was Haslem, last game it was Chalmers but whose next? If either Wade or LBJ has a less than great game, the Heat will be screwed. SO much talent but it seems like he might have as much heart as TMac. We'll see.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

let's hope so! :stirpot:

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The 4-12 guys on the Heat are nowhere near as good as those on OKC. Losing Bosh really puts the onus on Lebron, since he's the only guy they have who can plug into the PF spot. We'll see if he can handle it, but it would be an epic performance if he did. Failing shouldn't be a strike against him at all. I don't see them winning the Finals this year though.

Him "checking out" in the 4th of Game 3 sure looked like him being out of gas more than anything. It wasn't like the Finals last year where he just disappeared.