NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

after game interview on the court... had Durant trying to stay composed and collected... but the ear to ear grin just kept creeping in...

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

They weren't deep this game. So what? I'll agree when it continues to be a problem.

I think Parker and CP3 are MAKING one another play bad with some hellacious D.

You are cheap. We have ll seen this year after year. :)

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Tony says:

Le meilleur de mondes possible.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

BS, I'm cheap because I wasn't willing to buy a San Antonio Jersey that I will never wear?
    You were only willing to do the bet because you probably already had a Kobe jersey.
    You lost the bet and the best you could do was put Kobe on your avy.

To be fair, here's the odds of the Clips winning the series, 1/11 (bet $1 and win $11 in case your wondering).
    Screen capped with the date on the bottom right in case it changes tomorrow.
    So the $10/$100 is fair.
    http://www.oddsshark.com/nba/clippers-spurs-series-betting-odds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Lakers up 7 game in the bag with 2 minutes left I get to the gym and down by 1?

Terrible.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So if I understand this amazing offer, I stand to make 10 fucking dollars? Damn, you really want me on the edge of my seat.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Like I said, that's the betting odds on the series. Go to Vegas or any other bookies and that's what you will get. Nothing I can do about that. Fair is fair.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

just bet on a per game basis. and make it a futures bet so no one can back out.

example: bet 1:1 odds with no points spread (pick-um) on game 3.

game 3 will most likely have the clips favored by 3-5pts regardless.

That way even if the spurs or clips win tonight, it makes the future bet all the more interesting. example: if the clips lose tonight then its a must win game 3, ect ect.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Really depends on whether the Clips wins game 2 or not. If the Clips lose, the Spurs will likely still be minus 7-9. I think the Lakers were minus 7 against Denver in game 3. And since the Spurs is a higher seed and has a winning streak extended to 16 games if they beat the Clips in game 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs are minus 10+ in game 3 if the Clips loses game 2.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

+

the odds makers aren't trying to determine who's going to win. they're trying to increase betting action. regardless of who wins game two, the clips will be favored on game 3 (by -2 to -5). Home court advantage, "must win" situation, ect ect... remember the spurs are a pragmatic team, they'll give up early if its a blow out to save energy.

so the oddsmakers will have the clips slight favorites on game 3 to entice the confident spurs fans to bet, and the clippers fans (expecting a bounce back at home) to bet. its all about increasing betting action.

12. thinman

thinman Senior member

As a "life-long" OKC fan, here's my prediction from last December 24:

"My prediction for the 2011-2012 season: Miami beats OKC in the NBA finals. OKC had a great off-season by standing pat and keeping a really good team together. Their experience playing together will be very important in the compressed season.",

which you can find in this post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/200644/nba-2011-2012-season-thread/4995#post_5059102

Now, it looks like Miami minus Chris Bosh has problems and the Spurs are hitting on all cylinders. The final two rounds of the playoffs should be really fun to watch,

(In all seriousness, although I lived in Norman, OK for 20 years, until 2010, I don't get terribly invested in sports teams, so I can't claim to be an OKC fan, though it would be nice to see them win).

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

True but only to a certain extent. They are also trying to prevent losing money so they can't always favor one team just to get bets. Look at boxing. All these Mayweather and Pacquiao fights have terrible odds and they aren't going to make it better just to entice bets, people will bet nonetheless, even if the amount to be won is very small because it maybe small but the risks are very small.

If the Clips loses, I don't see it being a minus 3 at all even if it is in the Clips home court.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ i just want you two to stop bickering about potentially betting and make a real bet on a Spurs Clippers game already! :devil:

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just looked it up, tonight game is a +12 for the Spurs, it'll likely go up just before the game starts unless some major injuries occur from here on out.
    Speaking of injuries, keep in mind the injury Blake & CP3 got in the Memphis series and Butlers broken left hand. Those are major factors too.