NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Jordan's assumed!

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To be honest, that Clips/Spurs game was a lot closer than it looks. There were several times that the Clips got to within 6 or 8 points, not to mention they were trading leads in the first half. If the Spurs didn't catch on fire behind the 3, the game would have been neck to neck. A few minor adjustments like Griffin actually taking a few jumpshots and making it (since they leave him so open at about 15-17 feet from the basket), that should open up the lane a bit and make the pick roll work much better. They can also defend the transition 3, most teams go for a drive and the Spurs go for a 3 and they were hitting it. If they miss even half of those 3s in the next few games, the Clips will be right there with them, trust me. Clips can still steal a game in San Antonio.

As for the Lakers, the bigs just has to show up, plain and simple. If they can dominate like they did in game 7, they'd have a good chance against OKC. The team is not perfect, they do a lot of ISO and have a lot of TOs, Lakers just has to capitalize.

Last edited: May 16, 2012

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Actually never liked watching Jordan much.

In terms of the cant stand to watch players:

ROBERT FUCKING HORRAY
    Ron Artest
    Carmelo Anthony
    Dwight Howard
    Dennis Johnson
    Dennis Rodman
    Bill Laimbeer
    Shaq
    Derrick Coleman - definitely
    John Starks
    Kwame Brown
    Charles Barkley
    Allen Houston
    Isiah Thomas
    AC Green
    Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (chris jackson)
    Ralph Sampson
    Reggie Miller
    Latrell Spreewell

and

Kobe Bryant

Fuck, there are a lot more players I cant stand than like.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You're out of your mind, homes.

5. moffy

moffy Senior member

i think both LA series most likely won't get past 5 games. i'd say the lakers have a slightly better chance of extending it, but i highly doubt either come out victors.

and if bosh doesn't come back for miami, the western conference finals is going to be the de facto championship.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To think that the teams have a chance? You're out of your mind thinking that they don't. Did you pick the Mavs to win last year? Did you see the Lakers being pushed to the limit by CP3's Hornets last year? Did you guess that Memphis would dominate as much as they did last year? Did you expect the Clips to beat Memphis being down by 28pts in the first game of their series?

I mean did you watch the Spurs/Clips game? There was more than one occasion that the lead went to single digits and the Spurs can't make all those 3's all the time, they'll eventually start missing. As I said, Clips has to defend the 3 and Griffin has to make or at least try those jumpers to open up the lane. Or else they won't win. Simple as that. It wasn't a pure blow-out, Clips caught up. It wasn't a 30 point loss, they were within 6 or 8 with 3-4 minutes left in the game.

Lakers, really nothing else to say. They got beat and got beat bad but again, Ibaka and Perkins (who may or may not be hurt) can't stop Bynum and Pau if they play as determined as they did in game 7. They just can't seem to stop a fast guard and that has been their achilles for years now but they've still managed to win in the past. It's a difficult series but there is a chance.

But yeah, I'm out of my mind to believe my team has a chance to win.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I agree that the game was closer than it looked.

Spurs are #1 in 3 pointers in the NBA. If they miss more it won't be by much.

Griffin can't hit the broad side of a barn any further out than 5 ft.

Tony will be better in game 2...

I'm with you on 6. Don't think it will go 7.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I did. and for you to say it got to single digits speaks volumes. Its like watching the olympic 100 meters, it looks close, but they were miles apart.

Ya, technically the Clippers have a chance but they really dont. Spurs are way too refined and well drilled to let a few lob dunks affect them.

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Gotta love anyone who chokes PJ Carlessimo.

10. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

This. Immediately after Clippers do a flashy play, you can see on the Spurs' faces that they are not concerned and that they are thinking two moves ahead.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

5 Players I Don't Like To Watch Play

Allen Iverson
    Manu Ginoboli
    Bruce Bowen
    Robert Horry
    Andrea Bargnani

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

yeah because the Clips win by lobs. I mean seriously, the Lakers led the league most lobs for a time there (not sure if they still are). The game was close and Popovich got nervous enough to hack Kenyon in the first quarter. He also had to bring the starters back with 5 minutes remaining when the lead got cut to single digits. They know what the Clips did to Memphis and most of the Clips win were comebacks so I would be surprised if Popovich (or Spurs fans) didn't get nervous there in the 4th.

That game was close and just because no one shit themselves doesn't mean it was a lock for the Spurs throughout the game.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Put $100 on it.... I could use a few new pocket squares.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

On what? The Clips winning a game or two? That the games will be close? Your on.
    On them winning the whole thing, I believe in the LA teams but I am not guaranteed on that. Even that was my prediction a few pages back, that the Clips will likely lose to the Spurs.

All I'm saying is the Clips has a chance and that game was close no matter what you say. Your only valid reason why it wasn't "close" was it it didn't seem like it to you. Even though the Clips were within 6/8 with a few minutes left. Not sure what game you were watching. It was as close as Philly and Bostons games but it was still within reach for the Clips.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]