NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

The "Artest" formerly known as "Ron" has truly lost a few screws... but good game! :happy:

2. thinman

thinman Senior member

Wake me when the conference finals arrive...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I havent seen Indiana once this season, great team, they were very impressive. They lost the plot midway in the 3rd but I think they actually matchup with Miami really well.

4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    clip game was great. walking wounded but playing with lots of heart. i like that team and it's a shame we'll only see them four more times this year (hi stevie!). but i really do think they'll be terrific next year.

5. C.lo562

C.lo562 Member

The Pacers will give the Heat some problems, plus it looks like Bosh will miss some games.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

agreed. I attended the game and went away highly impressed by that team. Hibbert (a fine Georgetown product) really set the tone in the middle and stifled Miami for 3 quarters. and Granger even had an off game.

the MVP presentation was kind of underwhelming. at least I finally saw David Stern in person for the first time.

8. C.lo562

C.lo562 Member

No one is picking the Clips to beat the Spurs but I think it will be a competitive series. I don't see a sweep happening, Clips match up well with the Spurs.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Agreed, the Spurs won 2-1 in the series but like I said, one of those loss were such a fluke with this play (2:00 mark). Clips ip 3 with 9 seconds left and they had the ball but then CP3s worst play of the year.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Or else it's really a wash or the Clips would have won the series 2-1 instead. The other wins were blow outs by each team. It'll be interesting playoff series to say the least.

Last edited: May 14, 2012

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    that would be nice, but that was then and this is now. And now means playoffs, which the Spurs have done and the clips haven't. i think the deeper you go, the bigger the difference that makes. Those guys right now are ecstatic just to have made it.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Eh, Spurs have been in the playoffs every year and all that experience didn't prevent them from being swept in the 1st round last year. Clips broke records by making a come back in game 1 versus Memphis. Anything can happen. I believe.

Last edited: May 14, 2012

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

chris bosh has a possible "sports hernia" - which is basically a lower abdominal muscle tear. this is different from an actual hernia.

its a debilitating injury for a basketball player (because your core is so effected) basically you can't do crunches and will not be able to explode upward.

if surgical intervention is needed - its a basic surgery where they just will suture the two ends of abdominal muscle together - striated muscle doesn't regenerate but will work fine if sutured together and healed properly. typical rehab/recuperation will be in the 3-4 months range if a major tear + surgery.

tom brady had a sport hernia surgery two years ago. his was more of a preemptive/ precautionary one done since only a slight tear was seen on MRI.

bosh being out really makes possible playoff implications interesting. the heat have been very healthy this year.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Philly steals one in Boston. Now Pacers just need to steal one in Miami and it'll make for a very interesting Eastern series.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Missed the game but was following the score. Both Boston/Philly games decided by 1 point. That's as close as it gets!

Bosh being out changes everything. The East got a little more interesting.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To be fair, the Heat played so much better when Bosh went out, it seemed like they woke up and got some urgency. Well it's mostly Lebron who was caught sleeping in games and that might be why he can't ever be clutch, by the time it's needed, he's too cold or just afraid to face the challenge. And I am not alone on this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--l...-pacers-can-t-mask-his-maddening-habits-.html