NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol. there were a few times where blake got the iso against marc gasol. couldnt push against him or do anything. always throws it back out

gg

clips offense is so stagnant. takes them like 8 to 10 seconds to start a play and when they finally do it's a sloppy pick and roll with no back up plan. usually ends up with chris paul chucking the 3 (and a lot of times making it) or chris paul throwing it to a relatively unguarded randy foye or mo williams for a shot.

almost every clips possession everybody just stands and stares at chris paul. and then reggie evans or blake griffin slowly ambles their way over there

Last edited: May 9, 2012

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

CP3 hurt = Clips are done

Hopefully he can pull through one more game and at least make it to the second round.

Last edited: May 9, 2012

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

it wasn't my creation:

"look of rape on his face" is actually funnier than "rape face" :crackup:

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

he's gotten better at not riling up opponents, but i have seen it. especially when he and DeAndre get going. i don't have any vids though.

don't get me wrong, he's hardly the only one who does this. and in his defense, this is the NBA. if you don't want to get embarrassed, then don't get dunked on

ah, this i do have a vid for :D

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Wow hroi couldn't possibly hate more lol, that is some unfounded ass shit.

Just. Wow.

6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I just hate his constant calls for fouls. Griffin flops like hell then looks for a foul every time he's in the post.

He's got no post moves! Will fail to back down his man, toss up a bad shot, then stare at the ref.

Just look at this game winning play by CP3. My take away? Griffin flops. Cmon.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: May 10, 2012

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Who doesn't? :lol:
    Kobe, Lebron, Wade, CP3, Pau, Bynum, etc... all these guys get techs for complaining. It's no different from Griffin.

As for flopping, again, CP3, DFish, Manu, BDiddy etc... He isn't the only on doing it. He over does it but really no worse than the ones I mentioned.

8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

This is true. I cannot stand egregious flopping. I'm with JVG on this--fine players that are over the top. It's just the Clips have SO many of them. Griffin, CP3, and Reggie Evans are the worst offenders. Right up there with Manu and Wade.

And for fun, Amare is one messed up dude.

[​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

LOL

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I honestly don't mean to be a hater. except for VDN. I do like the Clips. and I'm a huge CP3 fan.

but you have to admit that Blake Griffin is not liked by his fellow players around the league. everyone knows it and everyone notices that opponents go out of their way to give him hard fouls. maybe it's because he likes dunking on them. or maybe because he flops. or maybe his beard sucks.

and they all (to a man) acted really immature in the game last night. which is what provoked my comment. Memphis was instigating too, but the Clips lost their cool and paid the price

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I lol'ed at this when I saw it. payback for Wade throwing Bibby's shoe off the court?

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i like griffin's game and i like the clips in general, but he is a terrible flopper and i think part of it is to counteract hhow aggressive he is on some of his dunks. dude's got amazing hops, but still, over the back is over the back. that's particularly true when you give the guy an elbow to the head when you're going by.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i mean i like griffin and all but all he has is hops. dude just can't do much in the block. doesn't really have a jump shot. terrible free throws. what is he really good at besides getting lobs and dunking?

was cp3's contract with the clippers only for a year?

cuz if i were cp3 i would jump ship unless clips got a better coach and better talent

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

that is awesome.

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you can't average 20-10 in the NBA without talent. Griffin has ooddles of it. He understands spacing and has that crucial spatial awareness by nature to slash towards the basket for a high percentage score (similar to shawn kemp and STAT).

he just comes off as entitled because the NBA (stern and co) have been on his nutsack after last year showed he's a marketable star. plus there's the weird part about him being sponsored by kia, and the NBA as a whole whoring itself out to Kia.

basically he's being spoiled by everyone and comes from the Lebron/Carmelo school of being anointed royalty without ever really having won shit yet. - so thats why its so annoying for him to do a "long spoiled faced" stare down refs after every play - even the one's where he's the guy being spastic just kind of thrashing around when he gets the ball near the paint - he's been spoiled into thinking he actually deserves a "super star foul" called 100% of the time.

Edit:

contrast this with Andrew Bynum, who can be just as spoiled, but actually has reasons to be angry: because sometimes during crucial playoff games against teams with sub par front lines still only gets 8 shots for the whole game. bynum also has so much to prove because you can see that he's been working on his game (mostly offensive game albeit) and now finally being able to showcase it.

bynum worked on his game when he was injured and made great use of his time. blake had a whole year to at least try to get a semblance of a low post game... but still continues to look uncomfortable and spastic on the block.

damn i can't believe i'm fucking giving props to andrew bynum. :fu: