NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I never seen stevie so active in this thread during playoff time! He'd all but disappeared past 3 years LOL!!!

The travel dance is hilarious.

Lebron is still a pos, luckily more and more people are starting to realize this.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

you mean like the knicks?

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:( watching the knicks these past two games was really painful

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Knicks are not too bad - the pieces just don't fit together with Melo in the lineup, because he needs to go 1-1 and everyone feed off him. but he renders Amare useless because Amare needs to get the ball in space or in motion. they really did play a lot better with Lin in the Steve Nash role

plus they really really needed Shumpert to give Wade a hard time. you can't beat the Heat without a single good perimeter defender

5. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

That's just it, that's a HUGE problem. Not only now but moving forward. One of those guys has to go.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

they'll probably get swept. being swept in the first round two years in a row with basically the same team will stir the pot enough for some action. plus steve nash just might consider going to the NYK in the off season (perfect apprenticeship for Lin too).

Last edited: May 2, 2012

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

maybe they can trade Amare to the Suns for Nash :stirpot:

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I have a feeling that even if steve nash/chris paul/rondo was paired up with Carmelo 20x a game Melo would still demand the ball on the wing do that thing where he brings the ball behind his head while looking down (2 seconds), then look up for another 2 seconds, proceed to start dribbling for another 2 seconds, then decide to do something.

i think the only way to get carmelo to play within the flow of a set offense that didn't involve isolation plays 95% of the time would be to jedi mind trick him/shame him with a coach like phil jackson/greg popovich.

9. moffy

moffy Senior member

no team in their right mind would trade for Amare's 3 year $60mil + contract. luckily for the knicks, there probably about 5 teams in the league dumb enough to do that.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

since D.ouche Howard will request a trade in the offseason anyway:

Knicks get:

Howard
    Turkoglu

Olrlando Gets:

Stat
    Chanlder
    Shumpert
    any first round picks the knicks have for 2013

orlando has to get something for howard, and it looks like bynum just earned himself a permanent place on the lakers. getting bynum would be ideal for both sides, but now he's too valuable to the lakers (especially if bynum continues to do well this playoffs).

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

This is the first season I haven't been working at night in 3-4 yrs. I'm enjoying them quite a bit. Especially when the Lakers lose.

NNNNOOOOO. We don't want him!!!

And Kobe is?

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

At worst, a rapist; at best, a confirmed adulterer. Also: approaching the twilight.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Tyson Chandler won Defensive Player of the Year? The Knicks have been pretty bad up until the beginning of March.

I would have given it to Ibaka or maybe Howard again.

Would have been Deandre Jordans if he didn't lose his minutes to Kenyon. He was #1 in blocks and rebounding in double digits while scoring close to double digits before Martin got signed by the Clips.

Congrats to Pops for being the coach of the year again though. He deserved it for what he turned the Spurs into this year. They are destroying Utah right now.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Pop should definitely be coach of the year. his teams have always been successful but this is honestly the only season where i said to myself - WTF, how are the Spurs the one-seed this year??

DPOY should be Lebron. he's the only guy who regularly guarded all five positions and played very good defense against all of them. he's quick enough to smother even quick guards, and he routinely checks 7-foot centers in the post as well. but you guys all hate him, so i don't expect any support for this :p

i got no problem with Chandler though - even though it's somewhat tainted because the Knicks are so horrible defensively. but he definitely deserves it based on his performance in the 2011 playoffs alone.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Eh, playoff performance doesn't count. Honestly, the title would have been more suited for him but his defensive skills wouldn't even be acknowledge if the Mavs didn't win the chip last year. Still, the Knicks is horrible and someone is definitely better suited for that award.

As for Lebron, he'd get my vote but he is likely to win the MVP award already. It really is a toss up between him and Durant but I feel Lebron is still the best overall player. Durant just isn't able to plow people down and score at will. Lebron has improved on almost the categories on the stat sheet this year, he is getting one less assist this year in comparison to last year and that is pretty much the only negative he has stat-wise.