1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

While you guys talk about your teams' playoff match ups, I'll be here celebrating the Warriors winning the tie-breaking coin toss for 7th.

2. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

it's a legitimate question, given that they essentially have the same roster. but their maturation has been very impressive, and they are stronger for proving that they can more or less run the table without Rose, at least in the regular season. the Heat, on the other hand, have regressed. Lebron and Wade haven't, and Bosh has improved his consistency nicely. but they have a horrid 9-12. the valuable role players are not contributing as much, except Chalmers, and the new people are utterly useless, particularly Miller and Battier

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

3. moffy

moffy Senior Member

I understand that, but I feel that the Bulls are very one-dimensional offensively when the game grinds to a halt. Like when the game goes into isolation hero-mode in the 4th quarter like it always does in the playoffs, would you rather have Rose or Lebron and Wade? Interestingly enough, both Lebron and Wade can guard Rose, but not vice versa.

Also, depth plays a lesser part in the playoffs. Just having Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on the floor for 5 minutes more accounts for at least a couple points each game.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

4. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior Member

^ I think last year's ECF was a fluke. DRose was way too tired by the time he got to the ECF and it clearly showed. Lebron did NOT shut him down despite what people want to believe. I don't believe in any one player being able to shut down another player, and definitely not everytime they play - that is just absurd.

All the games that Rose sat out this season has actually helped to develop the rest of his team a lot and I believe they are 2nd in the NBA in team assists. Its going to be much different this year - everyone knows their roles now. The addition of Rip (if hes healthy) is bigger than people realize. Thibs did not do a great job coaching last year in the ECF and I expect him to use his bench more wisely this time around.

Anyway, CANNOT wait for the playoffs to start tomorrow. I think as long as the NYKs knock off the Heat, I wont even care who wins the title lol

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

NYK upset over MH is very possibly IMO

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

would be sweeeeeTT!!! :happy:

7. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

I'm expecting my Mavericks to go out in the first round, but at least it will be against a team I like. I'm rooting for OKC and Chicago to go all the way.

8. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

9. gettoasty

fucking d.rose =\

10. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Distinguished Member

With these techs already, smh.

11. indesertum

melo is sucking

:(

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

12. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

Knicks are imploding. They've been incapable of running the offense and have fouled James a million times in the 2nd quarter.

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

yet he still always gets the shot

14. indesertum

painful to watch the knicks play

15. gettoasty

I always get really scared of basketball injuries

LBJ is strong, I wonder if he really got shaken up or he is the flopping king now as well
    This NYK and Heats game is physical, and I feel like someone is going to lay LBJ down through this series =\