NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. moffy

moffy Senior member

i doubt he even plays.

also, clippers just really blew the 4th seed with these last two games.

2. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

since this thread seems to infested by lakers fans:

if nuggets win tomorrow vs minnesota then itll be lakers vs nugs in the first round.

nugs unlikely to win the series but it'll be fun to watch. love the nuggets young core of lawson, afflalo, gallo, faried ... the oldies miller and harrington coming off the bench + that idiot mcgee lol.

they dont have much to matchup with bynum + gasol though....

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

oh, Kobe will play. he's not going to concede the scoring title just like that.

also, if you hurry you can turn on ESPN and watch Steve Nash's last half in a Suns uni :stirpot:

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Shut up with that already. Seriously, Lakers fan stop talking then what happens, you guys goads them to coming back and then we start talking and you guys complain it's become a Lakers thread. Fuck, Laker haters are more annoying than Laker fans.

Take no offense Ruzzi, you just happen to post it at the wrong time but it's just becomes idiotic how this thread functions sometimes.

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Spurs better fucking win. Warriors need that TANK LET'S GO

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

They left Big Three and Pop at home and still won. I'd expect the same tomorrow.

7. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

rfx - my bad, no offense taken, im just a nuggets fan and i just know there's a lot of LA guys in here! :D should be a good matchup!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Curry's exploratory surgery revealed no structural damage - will be 100% in 3-4 months.

Lee will undergo surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle (same procedure Biedrins went through). I really hope he bounces back. That surgery can take up to 7 months to heal.

Warriors need to be FULLY healthy to have a decent season next year. No margin for error. No Dlee and we are screwed, yet again.

Can't wait for Saturday. NBA playoffs are my favorite time of the sports year.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

knicks are gonna get creamed first round and the suns miss the playoffs and are screwed come draft time

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  10. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior member

I think the NYK have a very good chance to beat the Heat in a series. They match up well and have much better bench players than the Heat. Their chemistry and defense is starting to come around as well.

Also, I predicted last year that the Spurs would fall to the Grizzlies and I'm going to go ahead and say that the Jazz can definitely upset them this year as well. Spurs are an offensive juggernaut but they are not a great defensive team. The Jazz have a lot of size (MIllsap, Jefferson, Favors) and youth/athleticism...much like the Grizzlies last year.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

This is what I hate about the Suns. They played just good enough to be on the cusp of the playoffs instead of trying to get a place into the lottery. :facepalm:

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

as much as i want the knicks to do well so far they were owned by the heats in all three of their match ups this season (with and without lin and stat and even with the recent surge in chemistry and uptick in defense) . and their bench might be deeper than the heats bench, but honestly i dont think they have an answer to the big 3.

it would be awesome if there was an upset tho.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it's funny, but the Knicks were built to beat the Heat - beast in the middle to expose their biggest weakness, offensive firepower to match the Heat's, physical wing defenders, but it hasn't been close in the reg season. but it should be a good matchup in playoffs. the Knicks actually match up better without Lin because Wade and Chalmers typically slow him down a lot on offense and then roast him alive on defense.

I was also thinking that the Warriors might be the perfect team for Anthony Davis...what are the chances of them getting first pick?

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Kobe sitting, so Durant wins the scoring title.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Definitely. BUT NO ONE in the NBA is as deep. Spurs can run Duncan, Splitter, Blair, and Diaw all at Millsap and Jefferson (who will be the best player on the floor). But Parker, Duncan and Ginobili are 2,3,4.

Spurs also have Jackson, Neil, Green, Mills, Bonner, James Anderson, all of whom can shoot the 3 ball. Who needs to play defense? No one's gotten within 20 pts of them for 9 games.

I'm concerned after last year but not worried.