NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Awww- sore loser. Seems to run rampant with Laker fans.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think you mean memphis. minnesota is not getting into playoffs this year

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

not at all! just a true loser if they can't figure it out.

AAARGH:fu:
    eta: it's one of those flat states that begin with an m that i'm always taking naps when we fly over.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

4. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Stupid Suns trying to battle to get into the playoffs. Would have much rather have a higher draft pick than trying to get into the playoffs just to get bounced out in the first round.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Spurs won because they shot the lights out also.

As everyone knows they're vulnerable down low, although Duncan's turned back the clock some over the last month.

Should be an interesting playoff...

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

it really was one of those flip-flop games. first time the lakers shot way above their class. last night the spurs couldn't miss ... especially that damned parker. two of my favorite teams ... let's hope they meet in the conference finals.

7. moffy

moffy Senior member

don't worry, you'll have a top 5 pick next year once steve nash leaves.

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I thought he was a crackup micked up for TNT. He was having a good game, but he always seems to be having fun out there.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is nash's contract up? why would he leave

10. moffy

moffy Senior member

why would he stay? he's a free agent and can go to any team he wants.

granted, he's going to get paid less if he leaves, but he doesn't strike me as the type of player who would rather cash in a check on a floundering team than win a title in the twilight of his career.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i dunno it seemed to me that nash stayed with the suns even though he didnt have to a few times.

nash should be a lead point guard somewhere with more talent. dude's numbers this season is off the chart. he's like a rondo with far far better efficiency

12. moffy

moffy Senior member

there have been rumblings all year that he hasn't been happy with management because they aren't doing anything to put a competitive team around him. the owner is just too stingy. in fact, it's why steve kerr left as GM.

unless there's some new cap restrictions put in place by the new CBA that i'm not aware of, for $5 mil he can sign the midlevel exception with miami...

EDIT: not saying that's a good fit, but he can basically go wherever he wants.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

13. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

I was an advocate in trading Nash this season, maybe get a pick in this years stacked draft. I would hate to see him walk after this season and we get nothing in return. He said he would be open to talking to Miami this off season...can you freaking imagine him with those guys!?

The Suns will have some money to spend this off season and next...my concern is they will offer a player like Eric Gordon max or near max money. And offer Beasley an overpaid contract, regardless of dollar amount. Oh my how the Suns have fallen since the days of Seven Seconds Or Less.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

why the fuck anybody would want beasly is beyond my comprehension

nash with miami would be unbelievable. their point guard (and maybe center although udonis does a good enough job) is really their only weak point. give up chalmers or cole and get nash

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the Suns were willing to trade Nash to a competitive team to help him win a chip... if he requests it. But Nash doesn't want to look like Howard or Melo by asking/demanding a trade so it looks like his best shot is to shoot for free agency this summer. A good competitive team will likely score a big deal with Nash this summer as I can see him taking a pay cut to join a winning team and most winning teams that need a starting PG doesn't have much money to give like the Heat or Lakers. Is that cash the Laker got for Odom gone after getting Sessions or could they still use that to give Nash a veterans minimum?