NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Off-topic for NBA talk.

Just getting back into pick up games, need some new basketball shoes. What can take the abuse of playing outdoors once or twice a week? Prefer limited or no ankle support, haven't had a major injury yet. I actually feel more comfortable without stiff ankle support.

Haven't had a pair since Huaraches in like 2008?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

if you don't want any ankle support, which I could never play without, you can pretty much get anything. I think Kareem played with Pro Keds or something.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

I heard hyperfuse and hyperdunks are good to ball in.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

For low cut sneaker for basketball, nothing beats the Kove VII right now. The Kobe VI is also good if you cans till find a pair in the store, it's better than the VIIs it should be on sale by now. CP3 V is pretty good too. Try on both and see which you feel is best for you.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i'm surprised no one's said hi-top GAT's or something. this is still SF FFS

the Derrick Rose shoes seem to be ideal for your purposes. super light and flexible, but they still appear to be supportive. although for my money i've never found the padding on adidas shoes to be adequate - especially after you've played in them for awhile and the stuff gets compressed. i still think it's hard to go wrong with one of the lighter Nike models

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

LeBrons are probably the best for outdoor ball what with how padded they are.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i played with my school's basketball team the year they got into the elite eight in common projects :hide:. i was walking by, felt like playing some bball, and then two big SUVs roll up and out pops the bball team, all of them 6 4 plus (except for the point guard), one of them 7' 0.

i like nike frees for the outside. huarache frees and bball huarache are aiight too. kobe vii's, d-rose, lebrons, cp3s are too nice for outdoors but they're perfect for indoors. the traction and padding (which is really what you're paying for) on all of them is unnecessary for the outdoors and they're not really meant for rough surfaces (the traction will wear down too quick)

also you can still roll your ankle in high tops. if you're really worried you would wear ankle braces anyways

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

^come on man don't lie you don't go outside you post 24/7 and have a computer tan

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol dude. i played just two days ago. i spend most of my time here, studying, or exercising (gym, bball, breaking)

i'm also a pretty dark skinned asian. people i've added on FB can vouch

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

were they up to no good? started making trouble in the neighborhood?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i have these in my drunk. I like them for indoor but concurrently played outdoors with them and they are fine. really beat to shit now with a red scuff mark on the left shoe from the outdoor court.

fwiw i really want to pick up some hyperdunks. the kobe's from my experience also fit very narrow and tight (the versions I have at least), had to size up 2 sizes I believe.

[​IMG]

can't wait to put them on again this summer.

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Ya, I don't need something super nice since I'll just tear them up on an outdoor court. Thinking of two pairs for separate surfaces but I barely play as is.

I'll check out the recs listed. Thanks guys.

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Loved this!

this time. To quote the LadyBoyz- we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

Hi!

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, dude said he only plays outdoors twice a week. Unless dude plays 8 hours straight on a black top, any of those shoes should last a good 6-8 months. I've played in Kobe Vs for about a year now, not as often outdoors, maybe 2-3 times a month but every weekend indoors and it's still holding up really well.

If he is willing to go with a high-top, Lebron Soldiers tends to be good for outdoor play. If comfort is the main goal and you like lunarglides, check out the Hypergamer. The soles will probably be obliterated on the blacktop though.

And you know what, one of the best bball shoes ever made were just retroed, the Huarache 2K4. Definitely go with that, the OGs were tough as hell. I'll go with that for sure.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yeah i'd pick huaraches (or frees) as well. bekonjira posted a fit with them on recently and they look pretty good too

i have kobe VIs and they seem more of an indoor type sole. the traction pattern is really intricate and mine wore down pretty quickly. also whoever said they were narrow were right.