NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Love the look on #17's face- who is that Lakerboys?

2. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

wtf does bynum acting like a diva have to do with griffin turning into a gaping cunt? How are the two mutually exclusive?

Sure, Bynum's a baby, but Griffin and the Clippers are just so goddamn unlikeable. And this is coming from someone who WANTED to root for them. They're decent for half a season and suddenly they're hot shit. They score a few dunks and now they have to preen and pose after every one (which by the way, the Lakers have completed more alley-oops than the Clippers this year)

I look forward to their 1st round exit.

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I, too, want to like the Clippers. Just can't stand Griffin.

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Pau sure did foul Blake's elbow with his face.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Umm, either way Paus foul was the body contact. It's a bang-bang play with Blakes elbow being an offensive but you can't say he didn't foul Blake at all. Pau became Blakes bitch, plain and simple.

What? Clips suffered the loses because of the Billups injury. Now they're back into shape and just won 6 in a row before the loss to the Lakers last night. They haven't won 6 in a row in like 20-30 years iirc. How the hell do you want them to react after posterizing Pau like that?

I'm just saying if you complain about Griffin because he what, he dunks on people w/o even actually taunting them afterwards(?) then shit start with Bynum is being a huge douche bag. Griffin is a flopper but dude isn't a head case like Bynums spoil candy ass. I praised Bynum for the past few weeks but dude has proven why he doesn't deserve any of it because dude needs to grow up.

But seriously, they celebrate dunks but Blake rarely taunts the people he dunks on. Sounds like your more salty because the Clips are closing the gap with the Lakers. This team isn't that 8th seed playoff team that might or might not make the post-season. They are right there, neck to neck with them and could take the Pacific crown within a few games.

You say unlikable, I and a bunch of other people disagree. This Clipper team is legit and they may not win a chip this year but they'll make an impact in the playoffs. I see at least a second round exit depending who they play. If they stay on the top hald of the standing, I think they can take out Memphis, Denver, Houston and/or Phoenix. After that, it's all up in the air.

And Dwight is being such a douche right now too.

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I'm hardly salty at a perennially god awful organization finally doing something worth 2 shits.

This is exactly the kind of talk from people that makes no sense to me....

A winning record in a shortened season is closing the gap? They can't even say they won the head 2 head season series to close the gap. L O L

I won't even get into the decades of winning & 16 championships vs. decades of suck & 0 championships, and winning the city's heart ...because that gap won't ever be touched.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  7. moffy

moffy Senior member

Not sure about this. In a 4-5 matchup, I think Memphis can beat the clips in 6. They're just too deep and too talented. I don't think anyone wants to verse them in the first round.

Also, I think the reason why people dislike Griffin so much is the incredible amount of hype he gets for really being a one dimensional player right now. He can jump. I get it. But I'd rather have Kevin Love on my team.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bro, stop it. You sounding like Steve right now and that's a shame for a Laker fan. For half a season, the Clips were ahead of the Lakers. Right now, they are just a few games behind the top Pacific spot. That is closing the gap because the Clips weren't even a playoff team a year ago. or a few years now, Clips ain't touching the Lakeshow, that isn't the case anymore. They are right there hanging with them, if that isn't a definition of closing the gap then I don't know what is. Keep in mind they got the PG that the Lakers would have killed for so it's understandable how good they've gotten.

History ain't got nothing on this argument, we are talking about this season and the future. Chip wise, no one is coming close to the Lakers and Boston, that is obvious. So that can't even be part of the discussion. Legacy isn't in the conversation. We are talking about winning a championship this year and the upcoming future, they are neck to neck. Actually, Clips are younger and has a better future outlook than the Lakers right now.

And yeah, you do sound salty. Let the Clippers cook, they are finally winning and you becoming a hater? And you'd be crazy if you think they're not a threat to the Lakers this year. They barely won last night and that is after leading by 15 pts.

Stop with the biased opinion, you making Laker fans sound ignorant and that is coming from a huge Laker fan himself.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i dunno. clips need a few more pieces and a new coach. a good shooting guard for one

they're fun to watch, but watching the game last night reminded me how much blake needs to work on his post game (more specifically his jump and hook shots near the basket). he really couldnt do anything to pau for the majority of the game. he got that dunk off a good pick and roll that the lakers were bad at defending

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Man, that is like saying I'd rather have Lebron than Butler. Or I'd rather have DWill than Sessions. Of course you'd want Love, he is better overall. :lol: Griffin has actually improved and working on his jumpshots. He isn't like Dwight who just rebounds and swat balls in the air, this guy actually has a high ceiling, a ceiling I thought Howard had but apparently not. As for Memphis, they're struggling to put Randolph in the line-up right now. They aren't the same team that made a run last season. They certainly haven't ridden the momentum from last years playoff. Injuries and the lockout did that to them sadly but the way Phoenix, Houston and Denver are rolling, they may get pushed back in the rankings. We'll have to see. In the West, the only team I don't see them beating in a series are OKC, Spurs, Mavs and Lakers.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Coaching, definitely need a new one. SG? Nah. They're loaded. They got Mo, Young and Foye. Butler could step in that position too if they guard position weren't so log jammed. Young, Bledsoe and Foye pretty much brought them back last night.

As for Griffin, he'll get better but it really was the coaches fault. He saw that Blake couldn't ISO with Pau but he did nothing about it. He had like 2-3 plays and their all pick and roll. Most of the time, seems like CP3 is improvising. But they're getting wins and that says something despite the crappy coach. If I were the Clips GM, I'll be running to get Jerry Sloan right now. VDG was actually on the verge on getting fired but then that 6 game winning streak happened.

Clips has like one winning season every decade, let the fans enjoy them. :lol:

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

well you're right. they have a lot pieces, but young and foye are underdeveloped and butler is overrated. they need more coaching and training. maybe next season or next next season they'll live up to the hype, but then again the hype for the clips this year was massive. approaching heats first year of the trio

i dont understand this perception of dwight not having a good post game. the games i've seen dude's post game is much much improved. he has that jump shot off of one leg, the sweeping hook shot, variety of fakes, not to mention his hulk smashing through people to get to the basket. people bounce right off of him when he posts up against them and he's really good at getting the basketball in no matter who the opponent. he has a 58% fgp for the season. you dont get that just by dunking off of lobs and powering your way through (eh hem. blake griffin)

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

He really hasn't improved. Most of the time, he posts but if the defender doesn't move he kicks back out, then re-post and just turns and throws the ball. He hasn't become as good or imposing as Shaq in the paint or even that fading hook that Shaq mastered. His jump shot is still non-existent, Bynum developed his "J" faster and dude spent less than half of his career on the court because of injuries.

Right now, he really should be on his groove and plainly dominating like Shaq was. He is strong but he isn't as strong as Shaq, I really do see that now that someone like Perkins or Bass can stop him from backing up to the paint.

14. moffy

moffy Senior member

Well, that's kind of my point. I think the casual NBA fan rather have Griffin on their team than Love.

I don't want to seem like I'm knocking Griffin. The guy is ridiculously talented and only 23 years old. But I'd rather see less Kia commercials and more work on his game.

And I think you're underselling Howard a little. Yes, he's an idiot who cares more about his "brand" then his game, but the guy is a complete game changer on the defensive end when motivated (i.e. not this year.) Put him on any team in the league and they automatically become at least a .500 team with a top 5 defense.

But yeah, his offense still has a way to go.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not underselling him at all. Not sure if anyone would remember but I defended this dude for years on here, even picked him over Bynum. But really, he hasn't developed much. On the defensive end, he has no match for sure but it definitely feels like he should be doing much, much better considering there is no one in his size that is as strong and fast in the league right now.