NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

thats the secret to get amare to play D. stick him at the 5 and he'll have no choice but to be in the way where he can just stick up his arms and still jump high.

he has the "defensive yips" when he plays 3/4.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

About damn time...

He's killing the team with his stupid rotations and horrible plays. I mean he only has the Clips playing pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

He will have to start Sessions next game. Blake went 1-6 while Sessions went 7-8 with 9 assists.

4. moffy

moffy Senior member

It doesn't matter if Sessions is starting or not. It matters that he gets 30+ minutes.

I actually like that he comes off the bench. He gives the bench a playmaker that they normally wouldn't have with Blake. Plus, it optimizes his ballhandling/playmaking skills by not having all his minutes overlap with Kobe's. Blake on the other hand is primarily a spot shooter, so having his minutes line up with Kobe's is fine.

I say keep the rotation as is, but beef up Sessions's minutes.

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

that's a good point. hadn't thought of that. as i said, i really like the combination of sessions and barnes with bynum at the 5. i also think barnes is playing better than ron-ron, but it could be that the fit is better having him come off the bench instead of trying to compete with pau and drew. and i'd say sessions is already getting really close to that 30 mpg after only a handful of games.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I got to disagree, Sessions has to start to get the offense started early on. How many times have we seen the Lakers start off slow and get buried early on and lose because they were unable to climb back up from the opponents huge lead? Brown can easily switch up the rotation and put Blake in early to get Sessions back out with the second unit, either way, Sessions just has to start.

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

could be. seems to me that the more frequent scenario, though, has been building up big early leads and then squandering them when the bench comes in. just a quick look at the stats and it's pretty amazing -- barnes is the only bench player who is averaging more than 5 points a game. most of them are under 3.

8. moffy

moffy Senior member

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They usually have either Bynum or Pau on the floor at all times though or at least Brown tries. And again, Brown could sit Session early and bring Blake out at around 8-9 minute mark(?) and then have Sessions back out with the second unit at the start of 2nd qtr and finish off the half. Blake really shouldn't be playing 20 minutes at this point anyways, I'd give him 15 the most. To be honest, I'd rather Goudelock come off the bench than Blake since he's a scoring PG, once he figures out how to perfect that tear drop, he could be a poormans Tony Parker.

I notice that in some games too but usually they don't blow the lead tilt he start of the 3rd, not 2nd qtr. They can usually keep it close and recover from those though. But most of their loses seems to be they get buried early on, then usually they are done for by halftime. I also think Sessions will simply play better when starting.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

70 posts in a row either lakers or knicks before prev post

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I mentioned the Clippers. Speaking of the Clippers, Griffin just got tackled and dude had that almost killed Blake had the nerve to taunt and get cheers from the crowd.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Watched Denver for first time since trade. Looked ok. McGee didnt play but Mosgov and Farid played pretty well against Dallas.

Still shocked they traded Nene.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Del Negro needs to go, NOW!