1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

And oh the irony if Fish then goes on to get his sixth before Kobe does....
    Yeah, Fisher would fit well with the Thunder. Very defined role, suited to him. He and Perkins + all the young Turks...pretty scary.
    Agree somewhat re: Sessions, but the problem this year is there are only 20-21 games and few practices left before the play-offs. Steve Blake is not going to lead the Lakers to the Finals. I think they need to go all in on Sessions as a starter soon. It's not the total minutes as much as he needs to play with the Lakers starters and play against opposing starting PGs.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

But even though he looked lost and shot terribly, he finished with 10 points, 6 assist & no TOs while Blake had zero points, 2 assist & 2 TOs. The game before that, Blake again had a goose egg of a score while Sessions has 7/4/5 line. Right now, I'd take Sessions over Blake in the starting line-up w/o hesitation.

3. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    could be. i'm old-fashioned enough, particular with pgs, to not go strictly by the stats. my recollection of the game is that the offense flowed and the defense was more cohesive with blake in. (though given that last game, perhaps i was drunk). sessions is definitely more exciting and it's great to have a young guy who can inject that way. i love the way he and barnes play together.

4. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

Same here. They signed him to improve the team, and that needs to start now. What does Brown mean when he says he's "fitting him into the offensive system."? What system??? Sessions knows the p-and-r, just let him play and get to know these Western PGs better, starting now.

5. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

young turks as in people from turkey? knicks are playing awesome. d'antoni leaving turned out to be great and lin seems like he fits right in. much less turnovers. also woodson makes less wtf substitutions or lack of substitutions. knicks bench are awesome and woodson utilizes them well [​IMG] discount triple check

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

6. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

7. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Distinguished Member

Portland blows. What an absolute phail of a season.

8. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

i thikn they just needed a good point guard. should've kept gerald wallace and tried to get a pg like sessions

9. dopey

dopey Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Was at the game. Lin did everything right and nothing wrong - and a dunk!!! He is moving up in my estimation from third-rate NBA starting point guard to second-rate NBA starting point guard.
    The bench looked solid.

10. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Do you think its because of Woodson, because the team is just playing better, or because Lin's finally tried to stop being superman. Or all of the above?

11. dopey

You left out "because Toronto is not really that good a team", which is certainly part of it.
    I am not smart enough to really know what the effect of the coaching change is on an individual players performance and I don't think Lin's problem was that he was trying to do to much. Perhaps it is the same thing, but I do think Lin is settling down into some kind of normalcy. He also seems to have developed a healthy confidence/calm, which is different than the confidence that might have sneaked in during Linsanity. He rarely seemed forced and when he did push a little to hard, he got bailed out with fouls, but even if he didn't, it is good for a point guard to force the ball to the basket once in a while - it makes the defense sit back a bit.
    Mello was the most impressive in the context of your question. He played team ball but also could get a decent shot whenever there was nothing better available for the team (although he did have two turnovers where he threw the ball away and Lin, as they say in football, was the closest eligible receiver). His spin penetration drew a foul every time, and if it hadn't, he'd have dunked or had a short hook. Basically, everyone played well (Amar'e was phenomenal, but that has nothing to do with your question).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

12. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I think LIn will prove to be a solid starter at the PG position ( my avg. guestimates would be 16-18ppg/8-10apg) with an All Star season or two thrown in.) His biggest deficiency is defense. He has a tendency to pick up his dribble too early and also to go up in the air without really knowing what he is going to do with the ball. Coached properly his defense and decision making will improve. His ability to finish around the basket, willingness to drive and decent outside shot (which I think he will improve with time) are why I think he will be a good starter as opposed to a decent bench player (where some fair weather fans seem to have discarded him prior to this streak).

If Amare and Melo had the elevation that JR Smith has, they would probably average about 30 points a game.

13. dopey

I agree with this, though I don't know that Lin is ever an all-star. If he makes it, it is more likely as an all-star starter than as a reserve.
    JR Smith is fun to watch.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

14. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    ok, i was wrong about sessions.

15. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

In what way? That he didn't fit into the offense yet?