• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is the best case. More likely, they get good draft pick, Curry at best is as good as Ellis, Bogut is on the down hill side of his career. If they had kept Udoh it might be an OK trade, but Udoh has been playing really well altely and he does all the things you want a nig man to do. Plays hard, rebounds, blocks, plays very good D, and he has only just been given a chance to start. He has more upside than Bogut, who is done, son.
They should have Kept Ellis, made him play the pint and traded Curry for a unprotected pick. Maybe punt him and Wright to PDX for Crash.
****** trade pure and simple.
In other news, the Bucks will be a ton of fun. Their back court will be insanely fast and explosive and they just got a huge upgrade to their bench/starting center.

Statistically, Curry is much better than Ellis. Adjusted plus minus is a pretty good indicator of whether a player contributes to winning or not. Curry has a positive one, Ellis does not. They've both played enough minutes to account for sample sizes as well.

edit-- excluding injuries of course. Curry has been Mr. Glass this season.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I honestly do not think Ellis is in a better place in Milwaukee. Curry wasn't necessarily a scoring PG but Jennings is and it's hard to imagine the two working well together, Ellis is pretty much an All-Star version of Jennings so I hope the Bucks have better plans for the two.

Clippers trying to get Raja Bell to fill the SG position, I really think Courtney Lee is a better option, Bell has been injury ridden all year and is just plain old. Lee is a good defender, can score and very athletic, he'll fit right in with the Clippers.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Statistically, Curry is much better than Ellis. Adjusted plus minus is a pretty good indicator of whether a player contributes to winning or not. Curry has a positive one, Ellis does not. They've both played enough minutes to account for sample sizes as well.
edit-- excluding injuries of course. Curry has been Mr. Glass this season.

Meh... I say again meh.

Ellis should be forced to play the point. The only reason he is not is that when he came into the league- straight out of High School- he did not feel comfortable there and then Don Nelson took over the coaching position. Nelson loves run and gun and is notoriously bad at developing young players/allowing them to grow into their position and make mistakes. Nelson let Ellis be a scorer first and NOBODY on those teams focused on D.

There are a lot of point guards in the league that are not the classic "floor general" that say a Chris Paul or Steve Nash is.
Russel Westbrook is the best example. If a good team or coach could put him at the point a allow him to be a drive and dish,, create off the dribble type point guard he could be very, very good. His actually plays pretty hard on D and is very, very fast, put him against guys his size and he could easily hold his own.

Punting on Ellis who has improved each season and has been a rock for a over the hill center with a history of injuries is just desperate. I'd rather they got a solid role palyer or picks to be honest. Bogut will never come close to his all star form and this trade is a waste of two good palyers for the Dubs.
Mark it.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meh... I say again meh.
Ellis should be forced to play the point. The only reason he is not is that when he came into the league- straight out of High School- he did not feel comfortable there and then Don Nelson took over the coaching position. Nelson loves run and gun and is notoriously bad at developing young players/allowing them to grow into their position and make mistakes. Nelson let Ellis be a scorer first and NOBODY on those teams focused on D.
There are a lot of point guards in the league that are not the classic "floor general" that say a Chris Paul or Steve Nash is.
Russel Westbrook is the best example. If a good team or coach could put him at the point a allow him to be a drive and dish,, create off the dribble type point guard he could be very, very good. His actually plays pretty hard on D and is very, very fast, put him against guys his size and he could easily hold his own.
Punting on Ellis who has improved each season and has been a rock for a over the hill center with a history of injuries is just desperate. I'd rather they got a solid role palyer or picks to be honest. Bogut will never come close to his all star form and this trade is a waste of two good palyers for the Dubs.
Mark it.

I love Ellis. He always played hard for the Dubs and I'll continue to root for the guy, but he's not an effective basketball player. His best season is still the We Believe year when he played off the ball as the 3rd option behind Davis and Jackson. While I wish we could've gotten back a draft pick, I firmly stand behind Curry as the better backcourt player (unless he remains plagued by injuries)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now what the **** is this? Rumor is Melo and Chandler for Howard. Can we throw in Amare too?

amare + lin running the pick and roll and d. howard manning the 5 with Jerry Sloan as coach? sounds like a great foundation.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes! D'Antoni is out. :slayer:

Thats bad news for Lin. He's a good coach for point guards. That team requires toothpicks to hold your eyelids awake since M & A returned.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah I was thinking of Lins chances now that DAntoni is gone. He did well in his system but in any other system, he'll be further exposed and might not excel. Doesn't Melo have a no trade clause? I thought he did but I could be wrong. A no trade clause means they can't trade him unless he approves so if that happens, I guess the rumor that Melo wanted out of NY could be good. They should keep Chandler though and trade Amare instead.

And Sloan as the Knicks coach? Don't see that happening. Dude quit because of Derons ego in Utah, you think he can handle Dwights and Amares? Highly doubt it.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Yah I was thinking of Lins chances now that DAntoni is gone. He did well in his system but in any other system, he'll be further exposed and might not excel. Doesn't Melo have a no trade clause? I thought he did but I could be wrong. A no trade clause means they can't trade him unless he approves so if that happens, I guess the rumor that Melo wanted out of NY could be good. They should keep Chandler though and trade Amare instead.
And Sloan as the Knicks coach? Don't see that happening. Dude quit because of Derons ego in Utah, you think he can handle Dwights and Amares? Highly doubt it.

If they go after Dwight Howard, they need to trade Chandler. It is pointless to have two players on the court doing the same thing(Rebounding/put backs/no midrange game). If they get Howard, they need to keep Amare for the pick-n-pops and midrange jumpers, since Amare is allergic to getting within 5 feet of the rim.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, having Chandler and Dwight will be like the defensive version of the twin towers. I rather have two defensive giants on the paint when it's said and done, plus the Knicks were playing much better w/o Amare and Melo who needs to create their shots. With Dwight and Chandler, it'll be a better version of that Lin team that went on a winning streak.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads