NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

James Harden smack talking with Kobe. LOLWUT.

2. overdog

overdog Senior member

Agree that this is probably how Lin will be viewed at the end of the season, but I really think the sky is the limit for him. He's already shown massive improvement from year 1 to year 2. There is a reason he spent a season with the Warriors but never played anything but garbage minutes. Plus now he's put on some muscle and improved his outside shot. He can work on taking care of the ball and improve his midrange game. The little things you can't teach, such as court awareness, vision, and bball IQ, he already has.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

1st things first... he needs to have confidence to thread the needle when they double him off the pick and roll...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

he already has amare... and he consistently runs it with chandler (but still looks for the lob rather than the pass in traffic), if carmelo runs it it with lin it should work great too.

you can actually see amare expect the ball (with a pass splitting the defense) when he sets up the pic and rolls with Lin. but lin first looks to slash/lob/kick out/shoot before passing it between defenders to the guy rolling.

i realize that its a "diffucult pass" to make but its more of a confidence thing because the pass is very doable... it just takes guts to make the bounce pass in-between players in heavy traffic. once it gets though the receiver has the ball less than 10ft from the basket and the 1st step and angle to score.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

plus a billion times. he lacks the confidence to go through on pick and rolls and doesnt do the bounce pass to the roll guy as much as he should. i get mad at the tv when chandler or amare is open after a pick and roll and he either doesnt see them or doesnt pass to them.

i think that really comes with experience tho and good coaching

what's nice is that he has the credibility to draw the defense towards him. he just needs the quick insight to pass capably and consistently. they should hire stockton to coach lin

with more elite teams and brand name players he doesn't split the defense as much even when in situations where its clearly possible

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^ i think its more of a practice issue. basically the NBA teams this year don't really practice... Di Antoni must be thinking the same exact thing right now (about Lin not passing the ball and splitting the defenders) but there's no time to actually do intensive one on one practice with him.

I guess its really up to Lin himself to work on those parts of his game. It must be hard with all the media attention and personal requests for interviews/his time... this allstar break could've been an opportunity to work on that... but it looks like he'll be busy with the rising stars game and thousands of interviews.

But the reality is... he could've easily split those double teams if he made a few of those passes tonight.. it would've kept the heat D honest.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

for sure. i think it's also partly mental. he's trying not to get turnovers so gets afraid of splitting. but that attitude of avoiding turnovers causes him to hesitate which causes turnovers. he does trip a lot when he does try to split. and cole, chalmers, and lebron kept pickpocketing his ball.

at the very least next season he'll be fantastic. dude works so hard on his game. it's pretty clear he worked his tail off getting that jump shot down. let's just hope amare doesn't get too old

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Watching LeBron and Wade run the floor is just not fair. It's like a varsity vs jv game. They're just so much more athletic than everyone else. LeBron wins mvp even with Wade and Bosh on his team?

Absent-mindedly watched the game, you guys made some great points about Lin not passing through the double team. He always swings it back out instead of risking the turnover.

He got picked a lot tonight in the open floor, a little uncharacteristic. Most of his turnovers prior to this game came from driving left and bringing the ball back over to his right.

8. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

why cant dantoni leave novak when hes hot (hes actually smokin) and drawing the defense to the corners????? mindboggling

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Cuz Melo is back.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Lakers getting desperate?

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-t...7492&feedID=3352&awid=5449335149484906289-932

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

that's it. i'm a clippers fan. lob city!

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What, you don't like the Sheed?

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

yeah, i know. i didn't like artest or barnes before, either. somehow, i don't think i'll come around on the sheed. he and artest have similar jump shots, but sheed doesn't play defense. and is probably even crazier, or at least more angry crazy,

14. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

my boy with the lakes says it's just a rumor. not happening.
    whew.
    anybody want to buy a gross of Lob City tshirts?

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's a rumor but it isn't one of those rumors that some unknown website started. This is being picked up by everyone including a lot of local news. We'll see.