NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I really want to see how lin handles Wade guarding him. Wade really learned from the derrick fisher school of "be simultaneously super duper physical AND flop around incessantly" - defense (which is very effective when it starts to annoy and affect the offensive player). lebron doesn't really flop around on defense and just overwhelm whom he's guarding.

I think its more of how Carmelo starts to react to all of this... bosh can't really D up Stat, and lin will be able to penetrate... Carmelo should be able to score easily... hopefully its in the flow of the offense.

2. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

I would actually think the Heat would NOT want more attention drawn to them.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ummm... Lebron, need I say more?

4. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Well, I thought Lebron wanted to change his image and all, try not to be the villain. Although, he stated this to the media, so he is a media hound.

Just figured with all the hype and attention they got last season and failed to get the 'ship, that they would prefer to fly under the radar and quietly dominate the league.

Although this year my money is on the Bulls/Thunder finals.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Not going to happen. Now that Carlos Boozer has turned into Josh McRoberts, the Bulls aren't getting to the finals.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't hold your breathe. This guy just said he is everyone villain a few weeks ago. He said everything is blamed on him. I mean seriously, he wants less attention then shut up!

7. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Explain.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i am going to enjoy this heat vs knick game tonight!!! :slayer:

i love what lin has brought to the game but i want to see the heat dismantle the knicks

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If the Bulls doesn't make the finals, it would be because Rose isn't 100%. He's been injury plagued the whole season. Boozer isn't as good as he was when was in Utah but he isn't as bad a McRoberts. I have him in my fantasy league and he is doing fine, could he be doing more? Sure but Noah and Gibson eats up some of his PT.

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I would love to see the Knicks win tonight, but I have a feeling that the Heat are going to bring their A+ game and win by double digits.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Boozer has adapted to his new role while in Chicago quite well. He can't hang out in the paint anymore because Rose needs the lane to drive and Noah comes in from the weak side to grab boards. Boozer has nice form on his midrange jumpers that draws the opposing big out of the paint, clearing way for Rose.

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

As a Knicks fan, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and bought my kids Jeremy Lin shirts when I went to the Knicks/nets game earlier this week. I am a fran. But . . .

I think come the end of the season, people will realize that Lin is a legit NBA player, good enough to start on many NBA teams, but not much better than that. I have a hard time seeing him as even an all star, let alone a superstar. He should do fine with the Knicks (and given the size of AZN market in NY, the Knicks would be crazy to get rid of him, even for an upgrade).

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

What are the odds he would be a Knickerbocker next year?
    Could they afford what other teams will offer him?
    Their money is locked on Amare, Melo and Chandler, so how much can they offer him?
    Anyone knows?

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

The Knicks will have no problem retaining Lin. After this season, Lin can only make a max of $5 million for next season. And Knicks can match any offfer from other teams and $5 million is really easy to match.

How Knicks Can Keep Lin

So bottom line, Jeremy Lin will be a Knick next year for sure.