1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Hack a splitter was kind of brilliant especially against pop. Totally killed the spurs momentum. Unfortunately cheesy plays dont really net you the game. And I felt like okc players stopped closing out treys well. There were a few times where they didn't bother. With the lakers they tried so hard to contest every shot.

Maybe that was the strategy? Prevent Parker and ginobli from getting in the paint?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I noticed though that those open 3's, usually Green, are guarded by Fisher. Every time there was an open 3 being taken by Green, you see Fisher trying to catch up. I mean really, Fisher is a key role in those Lakers titles and has been clutch but at this point in his career, he really is just there for the clutch, not play 25minutes and shoot 2-11.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the ball movement and screen play of the Spurs was picture perfect last night. i don't think the Thunder could have covered everyone if they had 6 men on the floor.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That was the case in the first half, if the Spurs played like that all 48min, they'd be undefeated this post season but as indesertum said, hack a Splitter really disrupted their flow and pretty much brought OKC back into the game. They had a big chance, except Pop played chess better than Brooks and eventually he didn't make much adjustment in his line-up and lost.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

ahem, they ARE undefeated this post season :p

i do agree about the intentional fouling disrupting their rhythm. but they got most of it back in the 4th quarter and that was more than enough.

i hate to say it, but i'm really starting to feel that whichever East team comes out is going to be a serious underdog

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I meant the whole post season including the finals.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i know, just poking a little fun

also, it really kills the Thunder when Westbrook goes into hero mode. and the best offensive weapon in the league just hangs out at the 3pt line. and why is KD seemingly ok with it?? would Jordan have let Pippen hog the ball at the end of the game?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think KD is simply being smothered. He is used to walking up a few feet from the 3pt line and knocking down shots but with the Spurs, someone is there to meet him before he could even think about shooting. They are also taking advantage of his small frame and body him here and there, that's why Jackson worked so well guarding him in game 1. When he fakes and drives, he gets trapped too. In the 4th of game 2, the shots that were falling for him were from post up and usually from inside the paint. He just got bullied by Diaw for the most part though.

Westbrook got schooled in the first 3 quarters but it seems like he was the only one scoring in the 4th. No one else stepped up so again he'll get the blame for the loss. They kept setting it up for Durant, you can see at times they would cross the ball to half court and wait for Durant to come and try to get him the ball to create but sometimes, Brooks just has to make a play where Durant runs through screens to create an open shot. Or run a play to get a switch on a smaller guy on Durant where he can just shoot over them. Or just a play that leaves Durant wide open, Spurs is good of a defensive team to leave him open as a mistake.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Stern at it again?

First the Cavs get the 1st pick after his poster boy Lebron screwed them and now the Hornets gets the 1st pick after he screwed the team with the veto on the CP3/Pau trade.

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ yes very "interesting" isn't it? :paranoia:

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i guess lebron and wade didn't really feel like playing the 1st half (and/or the celtics are brilliantly smothering both). everybody else is on fire but that's only 1/3 of the heats

heats are the perfect example of how not to run offense: give ball to wade or james and make everybody just stand at look at him.

well sometimes

12. jet

jet Senior member

^nice edit, late in 3rd now

Who are you again?

LOL

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

they stopped doubling wade and now wade is getting shots in

-_- wtf celtics

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

but Rondo is still money... getting interesting now! :nodding:

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

wtf announcer just said that was lebron's first post up of the game

-_- wtf are you guys doing....

this game is so up and down

rondo's stat box is wow... dude might get a triple double today. rondo with a legit jumpshot is terrifying. dude still isnt aggressive enough tho. he passes up quite a few wide open easy jump shots
    also wtf allen. why you suck so much now

Lechoke??

-_- this game is awesome

16. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

That last Boston play was beautifully drawn up. The Celtics need to rebound better though. Miami has had numerous 2nd chance opportunities, and if the Heat can keep that up, they should win the series.

1 person likes this.
  17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:vv

what the fuck are you doing doc rivers. fucking foul a heats player with a 5 point differential and a minute on the clock yes?

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Rondo was incredible.

Heat should have lost this game tbh. so many crucial free throws missed.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:fu:

words cannot express the rage

20. jet

jet Senior member

It's like watching gangsters kill themselves and enjoying the view.