NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

doing too much is better than not enough. I was stupid and signed up for like 15 teams this season which obviously was wayyyyy too many. never want to check on waiver wires, makes moves, etc and it's hurting my squads. plus, I need david lee to come back asap and that bum darren collison too. I knew I was going to regret drafting him.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^^^ yeah, those are risky picks. Tempting but risky. Kind of like picking Yao, he is a good pick in the late rounds and he'll give good numbers when he plays but it is almost guaranteed he'll get hurt. Same can be said about Granger, he'll put up good numbers but those nagging injuries might be a risk late in the season. That is what messed me up last year, Granger being injured and Bosh getting hurt in the end.

^^I check my team , look for new pick ups daily and I'm sucking really hard right now. Maybe I'm doing too much, lol.

You just have to keep your eye out and follow trends. Look at SooWoop, dude took all the good picks I wanted from the FA.

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Weren't you 12 then? And what makes you think if they heated up all of a sudden the city would be torn between the two? LOL

Hell yeah I remember coming home from middle school and watching the Clippers fail on KTLA; the Elton Brand, Chris Kaman hype and all that.

If the Clippers put together a winning decade, cemented by a few playoff series win over the Lakers or a Championship, or shit, both; thereby becoming more than a glorified farm team, there will be a rivalry. It won't be USC/UCLA, but it'd be a rivalry nonetheless. Think Angels vs Dodgers Freeway series... Dodger fans never gave a shit about the Angels until post 2002; after the Angels won a World Series, had a better decade and initiated a market expansion onto Dodger turf. Now it's pick one or gtfo.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Nobody gives a shit about the angels and angels fans are retarded as fuck with that idiotic A sticker on their land barges.

5. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Nobody gives a shit about the angels and angels fans are retarded as fuck with that idiotic A sticker on their land barges.

This.

6. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Senior member

Loved how Jordan on a sports radio show called Kobe Bryant his modern day equal ...as in the player with the same passion, work ethic and killer instinct...this when asked to choose between Kobe or Lebron. Ofcourse ! Why wouldn't you choose Kobe!

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Was there ever any doubt?

KB24 for president.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Kobe's more likeable than Jordan though

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

This.

[​IMG]

I got mine, how about you?

Jordan was worshiped. It's only the few actual sport fans that know what a huge ego maniacal shithead he was/is.

10. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

anyone see that wizards vs. philly game? went down to the wire again, game winning 3 pt by Nick Young in OT to seal it. and Javale McGee went nuts for 24 pts 18 rebounds 4 blocks.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Jordan was worshiped. It's only the few actual sport fans that know what a huge ego maniacal shithead he was/is.

anyone else remember the I wanna be like mike campaigns?

12. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

I would disagree with this. When Jordan was playing, there was no player more well liked. Jordan, during his career, will always be more popular than Kobe. Jordan was never accused of sexual assault and never had such a public falling out with a teammate. I would agree that Jordan is kind of a deusch now, post-NBA, because of his ego. But his career speaks for itself and overshadows it.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

I got mine, how about you?

LOL

The fact that your image is titled ralleymonkey is just further proof.

14. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

anyone see that wizards vs. philly game? went down to the wire again, game winning 3 pt by Nick Young in OT to seal it. and Javale McGee went nuts for 24 pts 18 rebounds 4 blocks.

[​IMG]

Damn you and RFX for taking my potential pick ups. I was tempted to pick up Young during the game (but his history of inconsistency shied me off from him). Awesome awesome game though McGee has surpassed my expectations even after his good summer league performance.

I was really close to picking up Ridnour as well just didn't couldn't make up my mind on him.