NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

How about the Clips (1 win this season) beating the Hornets (1 loss this season)?? Great, great game.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

CLIPPERS BABY CLIPPERS!!!!
    NO against the Clippers tonight, I think it's the Clips destiny to end their streak.
    I was a few weeks off but a win is a win is a win. Definitely the most heart wrenching game for me this season so far. They were winning by 3 with 25 seconds and had the ball and still almost lost. If it weren't for that CP3 turnover, would have been another Clips L.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

FUCK YES LA BABy LA

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

FUCK YES LA BABy LA

11-1

Spurs Baby Spurs

ESPN has Lakers/Heat/Spurs 1/2/3

Drop the Heat and move up the SPURS

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

jet and RFX...are you guys really legit Clips fans?

I don't exactly hate them, but I don't actively follow them either. I can't say I know too many people who are fans of both teams.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I've always been both a Clippers and Lakers fan. I think I'm the one of the very few who has been cheering in the past NBA threads here in SF. Actually, outside of Jet, I don't see anyone else really like the Clips. Some like how exciting they are but not really as a team since they rarely win.

11-1

Spurs Baby Spurs

ESPN has Lakers/Heat/Spurs 1/2/3

Drop the Heat and move up the SPURS

8. sexandcandy

i'm a lakers fan, but i watch the clipper games too and go to their games since it's relatively inexpensive compared to laker games.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'm legitimately worried about the Heat now. Back to back losses is bad, but losing their only interior defender/rebounder worth a damn absolutely kills them. I don't know why the hell they're #2 in espn rankings with that record, even before the last two losses

I'm embarrassed to admit ive only seen 1 laker game this season....why are they seemingly even better this season? Is it Kobe being a better facilitator? Is it the addition of Barnes? Or Odom being on reality tv? They don't even have Bynum yet

10. Mute

Mute Senior member

I can't believe anyone would still rank the Heat anywhere in the top 5.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i dont get how the Heat can keep bringing in new players i mean dont they have like a 20+ player roster already??
    it is like any team Lebon is on they have an exception to the rule or something.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

^they are going to have to cut someone, i think. or put Haslem on injured reserve, does that free up a roster spot like it does in football?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They cut Jerry Stackhouse to make room for Dampier. I think that is a good pick-up by the Heat, some who can actually defend and get rebounds in the paint. Although I can see him only playing 10-15 minutes a game or else he'll break down just like Haslem.
    I'm embarrassed to admit ive only seen 1 laker game this season....why are they seemingly even better this season? Is it Kobe being a better facilitator? Is it the addition of Barnes? Or Odom being on reality tv? They don't even have Bynum yet
    Better chemistry and players have improved overall. Pau is beasting with Bynum out, dude is putting up career highs in pts, reb and fg%. Odom has been beasting with Bynum out too, practically averaging double-double. Brown has improved a lot, his 3pt shot has become deadly. Blake is a smart PG, he understood the triangle right away. Barnes took a while to understand the triangle but his biggest asset is on hustle and defense, just like Artest. Kobe is Kobe, enough said, same with Fisher. I think overall, it just took a while for these guys to get really comfortable with each other and play at this level. They are more consistent overall. I know they won 2 chips 2 years in a row and was in the finals before that but Pau just got in the Lakers 3 yrs ago, same with Brown, Artest last year and Barnes and Blake this year. I think the right pieces are falling in and Kobe not having to be Kobe (chucking up 30 shots) makes everyone feel good too. The only two losses they have is when Pau wasn't himself and when the Suns scorched from behind the 3pt line. I mean if it takes for the Lakers to lose is to makes record high in 3's and have your players just play unmotivated for one (pretty much beating yourself) then they are in a pretty good position even with the 2 Ls.

14. sexandcandy

also kobe's knee and finger aren't bothering him like it did last year when he fg% suffered. he's 3rd in the league in scoring so far this season, with relatively less minutes. the addition of blake and barnes, and the improvement of brown off the bench is really the difference maker. all those guys would be bonafide starters on many teams. but coming off the bench, they are able to extend leads instead of decreasing them like last year when farmar/brown/powell entered the game.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Man, how is it that when someone plays against me they get career highs. Lowry is the last guy I expected to have 6 steals and 8 ast. Not to mention CJ Miles. [​IMG]