Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Feel bad for this guy, so much talent and probably hasn't even reached his peak yet.

2. 13k

13k Senior member

Houston would get Pau. They need to fill those holes that were left when Yao retired.

Really sad for B. Roy. I loved watching him play (even though against LA teams) and wish he didn't have to go through all of that pain and medical procedures only to retire at such a young age.

Theres rumors now that Nets & D12 violated league rules & Nene to Nets for 65m? Maybe could leave the door open for D12 to LAL!

3. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

still holding out hope for star wars lakers

CP3O, R2D12 and Kobe-Wan Kenobi

edit: post number 777! good luck?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

4. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

Devastated about B Roy :(

5. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Honestly, that's a good haul for Pau, Lakers might want to trade with Huston straight up. Salary dump, youth, trade bait, some pretty good players, and a #1 pick in what should be a very good draft year.

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

In the old NBA, the only way to win a championship was with a dominant big man in the middle; now it's a point guard's game. Once the Lakers trade Gasol and Odom for CP3, they have a problem with their big men, since they can't rely on Bynum to stay healthy (IMO, giving both Gasol and Odom for CP3 is the risky move; they should try to get Howard first). I'd rather have a healthy Okafor than Bynum on one good leg. I think the Lakers would have a shot at a championship with Kobe, CP3 and Okafor; with Kobe, CP3 and Bynum, they have no shot, since Bynum would be sitting on the bench in a suit. I just didn't see how DH would make it to LA, even before he came out in favor of a trade to New Jersey.
    I predict CP3 will play in LA, once he files suit against the league for collusion/violating anti-trust laws/what-have-you. I think he has a good chance of winning a lawsuit, especially after bonehead Gilbert's email. How is this not some sort of collusion by the "small-market" owners? On the other news: I'm a big Tyson Chandler fan, since he give inside toughness, hustle and a couple dunks a game. Every team needs someone like him and, with the Knicks, he can make up for some of the toughness 'Melo lacks. Sad about Roy and looking forward to DH playing with Deron Williams. I've always liked Williams and don't know why Utah traded him instead of building a team around him. Edit: In thinking about the CP3 trade, it looks like a bad trade for 2 of the 3 teams. The Lakers should trade for Howard first, then see if they have enough to get CP3, since they could win a championship with Kobe, DH, and some spare parts. NO didn't get enough for CP3 (it's almost always a bad idea to trade one star for multiple players). Houston is the only team that did OK. Although I'm not a big fan of Pau Gasol because he can be bullied by tougher players, I appreciate his skills.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Heat get Shane Bat. Very good pick up for them. Billups might want to play for them as well. I can't help but wonder if another team might cockblock such a deal, even if Billups would not play for them it could be worth a few million simply to keep him out of a Heat unifrom.

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Funny, but I think the Hornets made out like bandits on that deal. The players they would get aren't spare parts. They are the core of a very good team, add a top guy in the draft and I think the Hornets could come out deeper and as likely to win a championship as before. And if they hit the draft lottery they could easily be better then they are now.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

+1 my first thought: Curt Flood. (yes, that's how old I am).

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Warriors need to give up Curry for Paul and pay for Chandler, unless the Knicks have TC locked up.

13. 13k

13k Senior member

14. venessian

venessian Senior member

I don't think there is any way, with their current roster, that the Lakers would win the championship with Kobe, CP3, Artest, Okafor, and Ratliff. They would have very little size and absolutely 0 depth. Kobe would be exhausted. That CP3 trade was bad for 2 of the 3 teams indeed: bad for LA and HOU, quite good for NO. Yes, the Lakers need Howard more than they need CP3.
    Exactly.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Paul should refuse to play. Fuck David Stern. He needs a blanket party.