1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

lin is gonna piss of teammates if he keeps chucking up bad shots in the 4th quarter of close games. whatever you think of melo, ball should be in his hands last 2 mins

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

True. And today a bunch of NBA point guards said "Jeremy Who"? Great performances.

3. jet

jet Senior member

Lakers baby.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Where's the second Lakers? Don't skimp out on us.

5. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

ESPN made such a big deal of Wade's inadvertent foul on Kobe, you could see the Pacers Lakers were fired up and the game got chippy at times, & Wade was booed from the start...

Seriously?

Somehow the undermanned, undersized Heat remained competitive and Kobe converted tough shot after tough shot despite some excellent D by Battier

The officiating was poor, but in the end a team with a frontline of Bynum and Gasol managed to outduel the likes of Haslem, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard and Dexter Pitman :slayer:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

How quickly the worm has turned.
    I think Melo scored a goose egg in overtime.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I doubt ESPN had anything to do with that. It was an All Star game and you break someones nose and give him a mild concussion and you don't want Kobe to be fired up? And Kobes been chucking up shots no matter who is guarding him ever since Shaq left 9even before), don't act like it's the first time it's happened. :lol:

8. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

ESPN were hyping the encounter since the incident occurred.

Of course Kobe's a volume scorer but yesterday he made crucial shots.

Anyway, way too much discussion for a regular season game.

9. 13k

13k Senior member

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Melo kinda had to force the offense in the last 2min and was also the reason there was even an overtime (from an offensive standpoint only though *see below).

I was the lone celtics fan a party yesterday (after running a 5k in the upper west side) with die hard knicks fans....

lets just say they all are "all in/all out" whenever lin touches the ball. plus I think lin was afraid or something... his face looked sullen throughout the whole game (no smiles even)... maybe a super ugly crazy ex-girlfriend from harvard was in the crowd creeping on him.

lin gets pass stolen in the lane:
    "FUCKING LIN.... another... TURNOVER?! maybe baron is the answer"

next play lin scores:
    "I'D RAAATHA HAAV LIN DEN RONDO ANY DAY"

I don't understand diantoni though... chandler was on the bench for like 8min in the fourth quarter. I was kind of hoping the knicks would win convincingly so the celtics could have a reason to break up the team and start over this week rather than be paralyzed by indecision until the 15th.

white elephants in knicks fans living rooms:

why lin can't run the pick and roll effectively with STAT...?

* the other while elephant in the room for knicks fans: STAT has never ever ever played even decent defense. And Carmelo doesn't even try on defense. So when they're both in even KG (or Wilcox :lol:) can look like moses malone in the paint.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  12. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The Lakers are doing pretty good. They have the 2nd best record against western conference teams and an easier 2nd half of the season. They will end up with a 3rd or 4th place overall finish in the West behind the Clippers, Spurs, and OKC. 3 teams they can beat.

They should keep Pau and maybe pick up Beasley, Arenas, and/or Ramon Sessions. I think they can at least make it to the Western Conference finals.

Anyone agree?

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Beasley is horrible, and not worth the luxury cap hit. Arenas would be ok as bench help, which we desperately need. They should go after Steve Nash or Rondo. What this team really needs is a point guard.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sessions, yes. Beasley, no. Arenas, as a last resort. They are in desperate of a PG, for years now, but a true PG that can pass especially now that the triangle isn't the main option. And Sessions is the only one that fits that bill. Arenas is a scoring PG that'll likely chuck as much shots as Kobe so that's no good. I read they are trying to get Felton too though, who is horrible at Portland right now but is definitely better than Fish at this point.

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Hold pat then? I just don't think they should trade Pau for 2 or 3 average players. They are the only team in the league with twin towers. Why get rid of that?
    The Lakers have a bunch of draft picks coming. They can put them towards a PG.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

theoretically the Lakers should be all set for "playoff-type" half court basketball. they just have to survive the regular season with no injuries.

last year they got exposed against the zone defense (with emphasis putting kobe in his worst percentage shot zones) and great point guards (chris paul won 2 games by his lonesome).

this year the west is chalk full of athletic pointguards and new defensive tactics cribbed from the 2010 Mavericks.

rondo is almost tailor made for that laker's offense, because adding rondo wouldn't take away any shots from kobe + gasol/bynum.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'd take Calderon if Toronto could eat some of his salary.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't think they'll move Pau for a PG unless it is an elite PG like DWill, CP3 or maybe even Rondo. But even then they would try to get a mediocre big with the package.

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Still think it should be Dwight and Hedo for Pau and Bynum. I'd really prefer Derek Anderson, but I doubt Orlando would give him up.