NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

From the article I read, the sign-&-trade not being banned would actually help the Lakers land them.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33582541

2. thinman

thinman Senior member

Just thought I'd check in and say, this is the latest the Knicks have ever been undefeated.

(I miss harassing dopey).

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

you'd have to be crazy not to trade Rondo for CP3 straight up. ok, I sort of get the whole chemistry and the fact he's beloved in Boston, but if this was a basketball decision CP3 is better in pretty much every way

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Either way, CP3 said he isn't interested in going to Boston so no chance of that happening.

But Ainge must have it for Rondo since he is still shopping him around, funny enough he wants to trade Rondo & Green for Westbrook & Perkins. :lol:

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

this is an interesting story, but my boy bres is really good on this stuff and has a slightly different take.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That is interesting. Not sure if it will help but I think the Lakers plans to buy-out Waltons contract. Well it will help since Walton is better on the bench than on the court but whats best is Walton off the team.

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

+infinity, particularly with the triangle gone.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it would be complete hilarity if LA managed to snake Howard. folks out here are still sore about Shaq FFS :lol:

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Ah, good times.

11. venessian

venessian Senior member

Wow, if Mitch could pull that off it would be incredible!
    Huge, indeed. (Although the new luxe tax doesn't take effect until the 2013-14 season. Still...
    They need to get rid of Artest above all. But, Baron Davis or Rashard Lewis? Please, no!
    I heard that in the car today, and I literally said,"What????" out loud...to myself. I doubt OKC would go for that, though. I read that despite the "Westbrook incidents" last season, OKC is ready to offer him a max. contract. The latest rumor has Indiana and Boston discussing a trade for Rondo, with a third team (not yet named) involved as well. No other players mentioned in that deal yet. It sure will be an interesting next few weeks.

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

one thought: could this be the resurgence of the Clippers? PRO: they have a lot of money to spend because their owner is such a douche; they have a couple of real good young players; they are in a major market. ANTI: Well, they're the clippers.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Clips are getting better. Sterling isn't trading or letting the stars go and Dunleavy isn't coaching anymore so there is a huge upside. As for the players:
    I have a feeling Gordon will be leaving after next season.
    I hope MoWill trips and breaks his ankle in 10 places.
    Time to develop Bledsoe into a full-time PG but that seems improbable.
    Deandre Jordan will probably leave, I'm a big Kaman fan but I do wish he would leave since Jordan compliments Griffin better.
    They need another big man if either center leaves (I wish Camby could come back).
    Maybe Humphries as a good hustle player? He usually pulls in a double-double a game so he could work.
    What they really need is a SF, I thought it would be Gomes last year but dude was a dud.
    Wilson Chandler would be a good fit fro the Clips, maybe even Prince or T.Young?
    Jamal Crawford as the Clips' 6th man.

14. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

shane battier for clips?

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That could work too but I think the Lakers are trying to acquire. Plus I think the Clips could use more scoring from that position that Chandler & Young could give.