Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Pretty much this. When the drafted Vesley and the commentators were saying dunk contest and "Blake Griffin comparison" all while showing "highlights" all that was going through my head was WTF?

it was the white commentator... he was excited to see a white guy dunking so enthusiastically. great white hope syndrome. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

The best thing about Vesely was his girl on draft night. Kind of reminds me of the birdman chris anderson.

3. venessian

venessian Senior member

Wow. This is just pure idiocy.

Do you really think a team would pick a guy as raw as him 6th overall if he was as athletic as Gordon Hayward.

HELLO???????

WTF??? He's automatically great because he went 6 in a crap-ass draft?

I guess you thought that Michael Olowokandi, Kwame Brown and Greg Oden were absolute beasts, then, since they went #1....

You said his talent is "mind-blowing". I don't see that at all.

4. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The best thing about Vesely was his girl on draft night. Kind of reminds me of the birdman chris anderson.

No, no, no.[​IMG]

This is a guy that scouts have been watching for years. If the Wizards didn't pick him at six, someone else would have picked him in the top ten.

He may not pan out but this guy isn't Darko Milicic.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

but i'm not seeing the speed or (gasp) the hops [​IMG] maybe these videos are in slow motion or something. he might have a great vertical leap (i'll take your word for it because i cant find what his vertical leap height is), but he's just not explosive. you know, the kind of leaper that goes from floor to apex before you can blink (like the aforementioned Griffin, or even Josh Smith). someone who can put fear in the eyes of the inside defense. do you think someone like Haywood or Perkins or Chandler would get particularly nervous if this guy came rolling into the paint? shit, the guy can't even catch the ball on contested entry passes

6. Lord-Barrington

WTF??? He's automatically great because he went 6 in a crap-ass draft?

I guess you thought that Michael Olowokandi, Kwame Brown and Greg Oden were absolute beasts, then, since they went #1....

You said his talent is "mind-blowing". I don't see that at all.

When the fuck did I say that????

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!! This forum is filled with fucking morons!

All I said, was that his athleticism is off the charts (as confirmed by every scout who has ever seen him play) and that I was excited to see him develop.

Michael Olowokandi? Kwame Brown? When the hell did I bring them up?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

maybe the "charts" are those toddler charts where you see if your kid is too fat for his height and age [​IMG]

8. Lord-Barrington

maybe the "charts" are those toddler charts where you see if your kid is too fat for his height and age [​IMG]
    Or maybe the Billboard Hot 100. Perhaps I misunderstood. But people on here need to quit comparing him with swingmen/small guards. If I hear anyone else say that he isn't athletic because he doesn't look like Kobe or Josh Smith I'm going to commit a homicide.

9. 13k

13k Senior member

but i'm not seeing the speed or (gasp) the hops [​IMG] maybe these videos are in slow motion or something.
    HRoi: you're on to something. You're seeing "athleticism off the charts" cuz 80% of the players he's playing against in the Serbian league are WHITE.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Or maybe the Billboard Hot 100. Perhaps I misunderstood.

But people on here need to quit comparing him with swingmen/small guards. If I hear anyone else say that he isn't athletic because he doesn't look like Kobe or Josh Smith I'm going to commit a homicide.

i think the official comparison last night was to tom chambers... racial profiling if you ask me... [​IMG]

11. Lord-Barrington

HRoi: you're on to something. You're seeing "athleticism off the charts" cuz 80% of the players he's playing in the Serbian league against are WHITE.
    They're pros. Put any of the top teams in the Serbian league in a mid-major conference and they'd probably dominate.

12. Lord-Barrington

i think the official comparison last night was to tom chambers... racial profiling if you ask me... [​IMG]

No Kurt Rambis? Maybe he needs the glasses.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Or maybe the Billboard Hot 100. Perhaps I misunderstood. But people on here need to quit comparing him with swingmen/small guards. If I hear anyone else say that he isn't athletic because he doesn't look like Kobe or Josh Smith I'm going to commit a homicide.
    so i'm keeping an open mind. but what comparison would you make, then? all these "scouts that have been watching him play forever" are comparing him with Blake Griffin. FFS, he himself said that Blake is the "American Jan Vesely". which is kind of like comparing a sequoia tree to an overcooked strand of linguini. but then you jump in saying that comparison is apples and oranges. so are those scouts wrong, or right, then?

14. Lord-Barrington

so i'm keeping an open mind. but what comparison would you make, then? all these "scouts that have been watching him play forever" are comparing him with Blake Griffin. FFS, he himself said that Blake is the "American Jan Vesely". which is kind of like comparing a sequoia tree to an overcooked strand of linguini. but then you jump in saying that comparison is apples and oranges. so are those scouts wrong, or right, then?
    First off, a TNT analyst is not a scout. Those guys say whatever comes across their mind at any given moment, regardless of if it makes sense or not. Most of the scouting reports I've read on him have compared him to Andrei Kirilenko and Chris Bosh in terms of his frame and athleticism (though way, way, way less polished than Bosh). I see him as a less skilled AK47/Chris Bosh/Tom Chambers mix who tries to dunk on everyone. I don't think he'll be an All-Star but he has the potential to be a good 3/4 guy.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

hold the phone...4300+ poasts in this thread and finally we agree on something [​IMG] [​IMG]

hold da fuck up [​IMG]

LB getting shitted on in this thread [​IMG]

Ya, probably excited cuz he's a white du.