1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Kawhi has potential but Hansborough beasted late last year. I'm not sure why they would bench him now. Both are rebounding SFs too.

2. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Distinguished Member

3. overdog

overdog Senior Member

I liked what I saw in Jonas. He could be the next Pau Gasol. I think he will be better than Kanter.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

METTA World PEACE
    Was just going to post this. Metta World Peace, formerly known as the Artest! [​IMG]

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

sacremento has jimmer, tyreke, and cousins... should be interesting....

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Was just going to post this. Metta World Peace, formerly known as the Artest! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] the player formerly known as artest

7. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

sacremento has jimmer, tyreke, and cousins... should be interesting....
    I don't understand what the Kings did at all. They had a #7 and could have drafted Knight. Instead they end up with Fredette and John Salmons? Weird. It seems Charlotte won that one with MIL and SAC. I think Portland blew it; Nolan Smith at #21 is way over-rated and how he and Felton are better than Miller and Fernandez is beyond me. Don't really understand GS either. Can't keep track of what Minnesota did. Washington, Utah, Denver, San Antonio, Houston and Dallas seem like they did well.

8. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

the player formerly known as artest

What is his Laker jersey going to read? "Peace"?

Chad Johnson has "Ochocinco"

9. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior Member

I don't understand what the Kings did at all. They had a #7 and could have drafted Knight. Instead they end up with Fredette and John Salmons? Weird. It seems Charlotte won that one with MIL and SAC.

I think Portland blew it; Nolan Smith at #21 is way over-rated and how he and Felton are better than Miller and Fernandez is beyond me. Don't really understand GS either. Can't keep track of what Minnesota did.

Washington, Utah, Denver, San Antonio, Houston and Dallas seem like they did well.

Tell me about it, I hate this damn organization that is the Blazers. I am not so mad in the decision to pick up Felton, he is a decent pg and we needed a younger guy to replace Dre. But Nolan fucking Smith??? That makes no sense and the guy wasn't even projected as a 1st rounder. Should have picked up Faried or Marshon Brooks right there. A player that can make an impact on the game off the bench which is something the Blazers really lacked last year. And I am happy to be rid of Rudy, he has mental issues when it comes to performing when it matters, though I wish we kept him to make another trade. As it is right now this team is going to have a hard time making any more trades, the only players I would think of trading would be Batum and Nolan Smith, hopefully they can figure out something and get a decent player for those 2.

Add Charlotte to your list of teams that had a good draft. They definitely got some good young talent. Only wish Rich Cho was here to make some better decisions.

10. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Jesus, that LO for Iggy trade is such a joke. Sure, a lower Lakers fans:Kardashians ratio at Staples but... The only benefit I see out of it, aside from defense from Iggy, is that LO could go back to his pre-sixth man seasons of showing up every month or so. Otherwise, we lose length, scoring, Kardashians, Luke... Wait, am I for this or against this?
    This would be a bad trade for both teams, though Iggy would replace Artest, errr Metta Whorled Peas, giving them more youth and athleticism at SF. For some reason, I'm just not into this draft. I don't really know the players, but there doesn't seem to be a single franchise player in this draft. It looks to me like Dallas did the best by getting Fernandez. ;-)

11. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior Member

jordan williams got picked up by nj. poor guy, his career's already over. [​IMG]

12. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    For some reason, I'm just not into this draft. I don't really know the players, but there doesn't seem to be a single franchise player in this draft. It looks to me like Dallas did the best by getting Fernandez. ;-)

this. seems to me this draft is nothing but role players. and it seems like most of the moves are salary-motivated rather than building a stronger team (yes, of course having a strong financial base could lead to a stronger team). as much as we fans like playing with the trade machine, it'll be interesting to see whether anything significant actually takes place.
    interesting comment in my paper this morning regarding all the trade rumors: kupchak calls them "agent-driven"... some agents think leaking rumors of trades they'd like to see happen might actually result in said trade being done. also, nice dig at Magic's suggestions that the lakers needed to be blown up this year ... called him "a member of the media." ow! that hurts!

13. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

What a shitty ass draft. Cannot believe how many Euros were picked over American college stars. Just ridiculous.

14. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Distinguished Member

That draft was TUHRIBBLE. Truly awful crop of talent.

That said, I'm excited about Jan Vesely. That guy's athleticism is absolutely off the charts. He plays way above the rim which is probably the #1 thing I look for in NBA prospects nowadays.

15. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i agree with you guys that this was a shitty draft. i'm really not sold on Irving (yes, i've been wrong before), and who the hell is Tristan Thompson?! it would be hilarious if the Cavs turned their lucky windfall into a steaming pile of bollocks

i think the interesting guys in this draft are Derrick Williams, Jimmer, Kanter, and Kemba Walker. not necessarily stars in waiting, just interesting. everyone else just seems like...blah

can someone show me some impressive clips of Vesely and this athleticism? because all i see is a very tall, skinny dude who really isnt all that explosive (but he's tall, so he can....alley oop dunk?). and he's really raw defensively and mentally. but he's 20 years old and i really haven't seen him play a full game, so i guess i'm keeping an open mind.

i didn't know what the hell thinman was talking about so i looked it up...and i was shocked. Dallas got Rudy Fernandez for...nothing? wtf? i've heard of the rich getting richer but this is ridiculous.

the Heat have no picks and no assets that they can trade. so barring some kind of stupid luck they are rolling into 2012 with the same team that lost in the Finals.