NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

Kind of regretting not going to the parade today. Didn't get shit done at work and the parade looks like it was a blast.

it was. getting boxed out by a big black lady? not so much.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

^good read thanks for posting

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah that's some damn fine sports writing. Not nearly enough of that these days.

6. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

btw, can I get a source on that? I would like to send it to some friends.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    yeah, i'm kind of sensitive to that. actually, it's pretty bad quoting an entire article rather than a synopsis and a link (bosses do look at page view numbers). but it's really bad quoting an entire article without either the link OR the author's byline. somebody talented put in a lot of hours making that right. let's make sure we credit him.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I really wish Rubio would just come and play in the nba. I'm tired of occasionally hearing about him, remembering the potential from 3 years ago and wondering. I hope he just makes a 1year run at it. Would be cool if he could do his contract with a clause allowing him to return to Europe after his first season if he wanted. Though he has been far from godlike overseas since the draft anyways from what i hear
    Isn't Rubio coming to the Wolves next season? I read an article maybe a month ago that reported that but now I can't find it anymore

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Isn't Rubio coming to the Wolves next season? I read an article maybe a month ago that reported that but now I can't find it anymore
    He's "talking" to Barcelona now. I think he was just using the Wolves as leverage. Honestly, given the choice of Barcelona or Minnesota, I can't imagine who in their right mind would choose Minnesota.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6617479

12. venessian

venessian Senior member

It's still unclear. Earlier this month, rumor was he had signed a Minnesota contract but wouldn't announce becuase he was still playing in the Liga play-offs. Then, he was "in discussions" with Barca again (could be contract, could be buy-out (which apparently is down to $1.4M from $6M last year...Minn. can only pay $500K, he has to pay the rest)). Apparently, he will announce his decision tomorrow, Friday the 17th. I suspect he'll be coming.
    He's "talking" to Barcelona now. I think he was just using the Wolves as leverage. Honestly, given the choice of Barcelona or Minnesota, I can't imagine who in their right mind would choose Minnesota.
    I think any world-class player would play in the NBA over any other league.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Watched more than a game, the lebron doc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Watching it made me realize what (I think) causes him to act the way he does in big games. He believes he can turn it on whenever he wants. Sometimes he can. Other times... well...

15. reezy

reezy Senior member

Watched more than a game, the lebron doc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Watching it made me realize what (I think) causes him to act the way he does in big games. He believes he can turn it on whenever he wants. Sometimes he can. Other times... well...

Watched it a couple days ago as well. He does have the tendency to turn it on and off since childhood. Not sure if it changed. Even though I'm not a big fan of his and wanted him to lose in the finals, I quietly rooted for him during game 6 because I wanted him to go apeshit on the mavericks like the Detroit Piston game a few years back.

I'm hoping during the off season he will hone his game and come back more humble like he did in the documentary after they had the loss.

Anyhow where's my toronto raptor fans at [​IMG] (know Im going to get laughed at) Kemba Walker for the 5th pick please!!!!!