NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Nah, it wasn't blocked. He was practically all by himself in the air when he shot the ball.

That spin move was on Marion, it's the only good post move he's done all post season.

Decent move but it was really a breakdown in the defense. Mahini was slow to respond and let LJ have the layup. Should have at least been a contest or sent him to the line.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

memory failing me and it's only been one day

i think at that point tho both teams were kinda giving up. i swear the heats started giving up with 8 minutes to go and the mavs didnt really care about james anymore

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

So, it was by choice. Many international footballers are in the spotlight younger than him and they do it. Pele was 17 and owned the World Cup in '58. I dont recall anyone saying he didnt show up in the final. Scored 2 goals if I recall.

Make excuses for the guy but he touted HIMSELF as the King.

i dont know jack about soccer, but i wil say i was in no way making excuses for lebron. i am not a lebron fan. i find him to be of the douche.

i was merely observing that had he taken the time to play some college ball he may have become an even better more advanced player. there are skills picked up at that level and at that age that some players if they miss out on it, they may never pick up.

certainly it is his fault for choosing not even to go for a year or two. if anything i am criticising him for his decision to go straight for the fortune and fame and not try to boost his skill set. not excusing him

i think it is very much an individual thing. kobe was on the bench for his first two years, but it was clear about halfway through the season that he was pretty much a de facto starter. .

james is definately a de-facto starter as well, i just think had he spent 2 years on the bench he'd be a lot better off for it. but surely it is an individual thing. some players need that time a lot more than others

it takes longer at this stage i think. like learning a language as a child as opposed to as a teen. again neither of these comments are excuses. it was his choise to jump right in. merely an observation, or criticism even.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

memory failing me and it's only been one day

i think at that point tho both teams were kinda giving up. i swear the heats started giving up with 8 minutes to go and the mavs didnt really care about james anymore

Its pretty much true. When the Heat made that big run in the 1st half: Chosen 1 was on the bench.

5. guster

guster Senior member

Apologies if this stat has already been put up...but I did not see it in my scan

James averaged 27 ppg during the season
    James averaged 17 ppg during the finals

That is the largest drop off from Regular season to Finals in League History

I am glad James is so satisfied with his game.

6. venessian

venessian Senior member

^
    I think that was posted before, but I would like to point out that it is really, really, really unfair for people to criticize LBJ...it just wasn't his fault.

Some other dude is to blame.

I guess The Greater Man decided that it was time for Dirk to score 62 in the 4th quarters, and for him to score 14....

7. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

I couldn't have been more wrong. Hats off to the Mavs.

8. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

From RealSkipBayliss Twitter:
    After listening to LeBron's interview session, I reallyreallyreally CANNOT WAIT to talk about what I just heard, tomorrow at 10am, ESPN2.

LOL this is gonna be good

What is this?

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

Scattershooting from Title Town ([​IMG] ): ...The City of Dallas is much like other cities today; in the mode of cutting its budget. I don't know whether or not it made national news, but in Class Act Move #3 by Mark Cuban, he has announced that he will pick up the tab for the parade personally rather than asking the city to pick up the bill. In case you're wondering Class Act Moves #1 and #2 were keeping his mouth shut during the playoffs and letting Don Carter accept the trophy last night.
    I didn't hear about this, but it is very classy. In fact, Cuban was nothing but classy throughout the Finals (I didn't think he had it in him). Props to him.
    Kerr on Pippen calling Lebron better than MJ.
    Steve Kerr is exactly right. LeBron is much more like Pippen than he is MJ. In fact, LeBron is Pippen to Wade's MJ and, like Pippen needed MJ, LBJ will need Wade to win a championship. Think he knew that when he moved to Miami?

10. phreak

phreak Senior member

Miami 5:2
    LAL 11:2
    Chicago 6:1
    OKC 8:1
    Dallas 10:1
    Boston 12:1
    SA 20:1

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    don't want to let the post-mortem pass without a shoutout to bosh. say what you will about the guy (and there can't be much left, at least on this forum), but he was consistently strong throughout the playoffs.

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Is Lebron getting crucified for those comments last night?

It was a douchey thing to say but come on man, its like he ALWAYS gets crucified for anything. I kinda understand why he's defensive/said it. And he's right. I'd switch places.

i was merely observing that had he taken the time to play some college ball he may have become an even better more advanced player.

He wouldn't have. His skills were so far advanced at that point that college hoops weren't going to matter.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    It was a douchey thing to say but come on man, its like he ALWAYS gets crucified for anything. I kinda understand why he's defensive/said it...

LBJ anointed himself with the ridiculous "The Decision" and then poured fuel on the fire with all the hoopla in Miami. When he doesn't deliver, he's going to get crucified.

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

LBJ anointed himself with the ridiculous "The Decision" and then poured fuel on the fire with all the hoopla in Miami. When he doesn't deliver, he's going to get crucified.

Don't get me wrong, dude brings much of it on himself but nothing he says or does will ever be good enough. So I guess that's it.