NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

They made a mistake, Lebron James isn't the next Michael Jordan, he's the next Karl Malone.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That pic is photoshopped, Dirks mad pic and Bron crying were two separate pics.

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Is Lebron getting crucified for those comments last night?

4. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

That pic is photoshopped, Dirks mad pic and Bron crying were two separate pics.

Thought so. Miami was wearing white jerseys last night anyway.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I can't fathom how any idiot could be a lebron fan after this last straw.

6. daft

daft Senior member

What is the story behind this photo? When was it taken? Last night? Very odd. Don't recall Dirk getting that upset at any point last night.

It's shopped. Both players wearing away shirts.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

not fair to karl malone. he's more like the next karl malden

They made a mistake, Lebron James isn't the next Michael Jordan, he's the next Karl Malone.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    not fair to karl malone. he's more like the next karl malden

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. guster

guster Senior member

Well, maybe he wins the same titles as Malone. But Malone was classier, had a way better post game and he was a better team player.

Actually, Give Malone Bosch and Wade and I think he would have won a few titles.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Is Lebron getting crucified for those comments last night?

The more awesome reaction everyone seems to be having is "Meh...par for the course"

His douchebaggery is no longer a surprise, but to be expected. LOVE IT!!

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Scattershooting from Title Town ([​IMG] ):
    1. Victory Parade #1: In 2006 after Dallas went up 2-0 in the series, some rocket scientist at Dallas City Hall decided to release plans for a Victory Parade. Many folks here blamed that bad Karma for the fact that the Mavs didn't win another game after that. Personally I think it had more to do with Dwyane Wade getting phantom foul calls and Dallas forgetting to play defense. Anyway, needless to say this year no one said anything about Victory Parades. Last night someone in the local media asked about plans for a Parade and were told that the city planned to dust off the old 2006 plan to use this year.

2. Stupid Grins: Everyone is Dallas is walking around with a stupid grin on their faces today. Sadly for me I'm working on a transaction with a bunch of Houston people who haven't gotten the memo.

3. Victory Parade #2: If they do use the old 2006 plan, the parade would start at Dallas City Hall and proceed to the American Airlines Center. Most reasonable routes should take it right past my office building (or no more than a block away). Wonder if that's a good day to come to work or a good day to stay home? I'll probably come to work, although some of the mid-90's Cowboys victory parades got a bit scary.

4. City Reaction: I was pretty proud of Dallas last night. Celebrations broke out in various parts of the city, but for the most part were very well behaved. Part of that could have had to do with a very prepared police department that was not going to let things get out of control. Part of it was due to the good people of the city of Dallas. There were 14 arrests last night, mostly for public intox and such. There was no overturning of cars or looting or burning of buildings. Well done Dallas!

5. Victory Parade #3: The City of Dallas is much like other cities today; in the mode of cutting its budget. I don't know whether or not it made national news, but in Class Act Move #3 by Mark Cuban, he has announced that he will pick up the tab for the parade personally rather than asking the city to pick up the bill. In case you're wondering Class Act Moves #1 and #2 were keeping his mouth shut during the playoffs and letting Don Carter accept the trophy last night.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

MOAR MEME'S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Kerr on Pippen calling Lebron better than MJ.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

heard similar opinion this morning as well on ESPN radio. i couldnt agree more. missing out on college ball to get to the $ right away may make you rich, but it wont make you a great all around ball player.