• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by azoodica
It is sad, hopefully they will be able to avoid the lockout. I felt the NBA's momentum really gaining and with the NFL lockout they could've possibly gained some fans especially if they could avoid a lockout. Anyone else wish that Stu Scott would've left the teams alone and just let them celebrate. How does it feel to win a championship?!?!?
The NFL is so much stronger than the NBA and would recover faster if they missed games due to the lockout. If the NBA misses games it could be a kick in the pants and turn fans off like the MLB strike did. It will undo all the positive momentum gained by Finals. I can't stand Stu Scott, in fact I don't like any of the ESPN hosts.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
Lebron had this to say after the game: "At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do." INB4SHITSTORM
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Congratulation to the Mavs! Such strong hate for Lebron et al though damn. something i do not understand regardless of all the controversial things that come out of his mouth. can we as fans really hate a player so intensely? (i am biased so eh) bottom line: lebron and fans hyped the player so much and in the end he failed to deliver. so ... hate away.
I don't hate LaBron and I'm probably the only (former) Mavs season ticket holder on here. In fact if you go back and read some of my prior posts, I have defended LaBron, on certain things I thought were over the top ("He'll never be great", etc.). However, unless you're a total Superfriends Fanboy, you have to admit that when people read asshole quotes like the one above, they're going to react. LaBron, Wade and Bosh better lube up. Because everything, from "The Press Conference" to "Not 2, not 3, not 4..." to "The Cough" to the quote above scoreboarding the world after you just lost the title is going to get shoved up their collective asses incessantly for the next...not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6...months. The Heat is now the New York Yankees of the NBA. They are the most hated franchise in Basketball and they've brought it on themselves. I really like Wade and am prepared to appreciate LaBron, but both need to learn a bit of humility, if for no other reason than they need to come to the point where they stop making asshole, idiotic statements like the one above and instead learn how to score against a zone in the 4th. Otherwise, yes, there will be haters and it will ultimately be the Superfriends' fault. EDIT: Sorry, I realize now how inaccurate my comparison with the Yankees is. After all, the Yankees have 27 World Series rings and 40 AL Pennants. The Heats' arrogance comes with a record that is still one or two titles short of that mark.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw this: In july lebron will hold decision 2 to announce he is joining the NHL. HIS REASON: they only play 3 periods.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize what the Mavs contract situation was. Caron Butler, Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, Deshaun Stevenson are all about to be free agents. There's no way they can keep all of those guys and that's sad. I hope Chandler and Barea stay, although I'm sure Barea's price just shot way up.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Dallas. Feel good for Dirk, who is a genuinely nice superstar.

LeBron's performance in the Finals was a real head scratcher. I heard it was the lowest drop off in ppg from the regular season to the Finals (26 ppg --> 17 ppg) of anyone who averaged at least 25 ppg during the season. What was he doing passing instead of driving the ball to the hoop? Maybe he thinks he is playing the Magic Johnson role, but Magic played center and scored 42 points in the Game 6 title clincher as a 20-year-old rookie. For all of his obvious physical gifts, it may not be in LeBron's DNA to be The Man. Time will tell.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sg4bk6.png

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanathonHuff
oops, double post.

VKo4B.jpg

Originally Posted by munchausen
sg4bk6.png

Try standing in the mirror and making the exact same expression that Dirk has on his face and experience the feelings that this conjures up (no, I did not do this myself).

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
biggest issue is that while an elite athlete, lebron is not great at anything. he can't play with his back to the basket, is not a great shooter, is not the passer he thinks he is. he is good at a lot of things but like teacher's last pupil in 5 deadly venoms, he isn;t great at anything. he would have been better served going to chicago. he is a child and wade is doing him no favors since he is just absorbing wade's personality. would have been better served with a class act like rose being his 1 or 1a.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congrats, Mavs! I'm not a fan of the NBA, and didn't follow the games, but I'm happy to see the Mavs win.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to know what happened to the guy with the D. Wade avatar? He's been quiet since the game last night.

tj100

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
However, I don't agree re: LeBron. This far into his career? He's only 26! Jordan won his first ring at 28, and changed his game significantly in his later years. Of course LeBron will improve. All the great players do.

Yes, but LeBron came into the league at 19 - Jordan came in at 21. If you look at it in terms of NBA minutes played, Jordan had already won 3 titles by the time he had 25,000 minutes (what LeBron has now). He's probably at about the midpoint of his career now; probably 7, maybe 8 effective seasons left. Odds are that he's going to win a title in that stretch, but I don't think there's enough time left in his career for it to become a "Top 10 Ever" kind of career.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The comments he made at the press conference was disgusting, making fun that he was rich and most fans are poor, he is only rich because of those fans, what a pathetic human. Really.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
like shaq to kobe, rashard can ask lebron how his ass taste and get a reasonable answer. and yes, his comments were pretty low class even for him.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I don't hate LaBron and I'm probably the only (former) Mavs season ticket holder on here. In fact if you go back and read some of my prior posts, I have defended LaBron, on certain things I thought were over the top ("He'll never be great", etc.). However, unless you're a total Superfriends Fanboy, you have to admit that when people read asshole quotes like the one above, they're going to react.

I can assure you that, since he left, Cleveland fans are more obnoxious than a room full of Lebrons could ever be.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
The comments he made at the press conference was disgusting, making fun that he was rich and most fans are poor, he is only rich because of those fans, what a pathetic human. Really.

deadspin just posted this beauty:

loss-of-the-ring.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads