NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Fuck I got 3 pages of 40 ppp to catch up on since I accidentally unsubscribed while browsing on my iphone lulz.
    where's bosh to play lucky pierre? some one make a gif please
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. guster

guster Senior member

I'm going to break my own rule a little bit and say that as triple-doubles go, that was about the weakest one I've ever seen. He pretty much disappeared in the 4th again. His only points in the 4th was a dunk in the last minute or so, where Dallas had a lead and weren't about to get a foul so they just let him go in uncontested. They needed LaBron to step up with Wade's injury and he went AWOL again in the 4th.

My opinion of LaBron has really changed in this series. The Dallas defense has really exposed some key weaknesses in his game...no low post moves AT ALL, for example. With a body like his he should be able to back someone down in the post. He can do that, but once he gets there, he's got nothing and winds up having to pass out of it.

LBJ's averaging 2.2 points in the 4th quarter for the series, but averaging only 1.5 points in the 4th over the past 4 games.

That is shocking to me.

Again, I keep expecting him to go off for 50 some game and just put the Heat on his back. Not sure what's going on.

James spends most of the entire season & playoffs dominating the ball. In Cleveland, it resulted in some good players just standing around waiting for the 1 man show to win or lose it. In Miami he has some excellent players with him. He gets credit for recognizing he can't win it all alone and he needs others. But he has spent an entire season/career being the dominating the ball. In cruch time, he does not look like he knows how to be a part of an offense. He is a soloist. Running the show or doing very little.

Also, He scores a ton of points off driving to the basket, where he often is guilty of charging. That is rarely called on him. In the quarters of key playoff games, defenses get tighter in the middle and refs more likely to call things evenly. This playoff season he has often been much better shooting late 3s. But the really big games do expose how selfish a player he is. So talented, he is capable of winning many games. But not a player that makes his teamates better. I hear people talk about him in the same sentence with Jordan, Bird, Magic & Robertson. That's a joke.

Dallas is an excellent team. But if James was half the player that he could be, Miami would have won it all already.

3. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Carlile's comment a few days ago was basically that if they were playing with three basketballs, Dallas would have no shot, but since they only play with one it evens things up a bit.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

I know the perception is that Dallas was overmatched in this series, but I think that perception is wrong. Frankly I think that these two teams are pretty evenly matched. Wade/Dirk (best player vs. best player) is a push. From 1-3 Miami is stronger. From 4-9 Dallas is much stronger. Folks have underestimated Dallas in every round of the playoffs because people that don't watch them every day think that they are the same team that they've been in past years. They aren't. The reason that this has been such an entertaining series is because the teams are so evenly matched.
    Yes, the Dallas bench is winning the series for them so far. I've always liked Shawn Marion for his all-around game and I think it's his defense (with help) that is slowing down LBJ. Still, I'm holding my breathe expecting LeBron to go off for 50.
    i don't think he's a bad coach, either. but i don't think you can discount the job carlisle and the mavs are doing defensively in forcing that lack of execution. if wade hadn't been looking over his shoulder to see whether he was going to get hit with a man, a double-team, or a zone, he might have made the catch. i thought games 3 and 4, particularly the end-game, was a real chess match. and miami got a bit of it back in game 5 with those tough pick and rolls off lebron. just great basketball on every level. unless, of course, the heat wins and then it will have been an utter travesty.
    And Carlisle shoud be credited for getting the most from his bench and for out-coaching Spoelstra. Spoelstra's not a bad coach, but Carlisle has been much better.
    Carlile's comment a few days ago was basically that if they were playing with three basketballs, Dallas would have no shot, but since they only play with one it evens things up a bit.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Dallas is showing that basketball really is a team game. With great hustle and help on defense it's possible to beat a more talented starting 5 (or maybe only Big 3). I can't wait for tonight's game!!

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    And Carlisle shoud be credited for getting the most from his bench and for out-coaching Spoelstra. Spoelstra's not a bad coach, but Carlisle has been much better.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Dallas is showing that basketball really is a team game. With great hustle and help on defense it's possible to beat a more talented starting 5 (or maybe only Big 3).
    I can't wait for tonight's game!!

if you get a chance tonight, pay attention when dallas runs that stagger screen. it's a thing of beauty. i'm convinced it is, like the triangle, one of those indefensible offenses when it's run right.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

LeBron goes beast in the fourth and Miami wins tonight. Bank on it.

7. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Anybody know where the game will be streaming online?

8. Mark from Plano

LeBron goes beast in the fourth and Miami wins tonight. Bank on it.

Dirk goes Re-Dirk-ulous and scores 38 with 15 rebounds and Mavs win tonight. Bank on it.

9. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Fuck D Wade and Lebron, they're not real athletes

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Kind of a dumb statement.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

LeBron On Fire!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

fuck it, I'm just going to the bar down the street to watch this with a friend.

13. Mark from Plano

Mavs team on fire!!!

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Heat throwing the kitchen sink out there.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

LeBron On Fire!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, yeah -- in the first quarter. [​IMG]

Hah, Wade T'd up. Poor guy can never get a call. [​IMG]