1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    ugly, ugly game. went bed pissed off. but kobe probably said it best (and valid for all those miami haters) "it's another november game." i'm not sure miami will improve enough this year ... but remember that tehre are still 70+ games left in the REGULAR season. they may figure something about by February, when the season starts to get serious.

2. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

lol at all the people gloating about Miami's disappointing record. and the LA fans who are now panicking that the Lakers can only go 81-1 at best (i grew up in LA, i know exactly how a certain part of the fan base thinks). like the guy above me said, it's fucking november. give teams a chance to figure things out and a better sample size to show you what they can do.

these fucking Celtics make me loath them more and more everytime they take the court or open their mouths (or twitter accounts)....but it's all good - some good ole fashioned hate is what makes sports so good sometimes.

3. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Kevin Love goes 30-30 tonight - Holy Shit! First time since Moses Malone.

4. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Senior Member

What a great game tonight - OKC v POR...what's not to like about OKC?

Westbrook and Durant...great to watch

5. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG] @ thinking me criticizing the Lakers equals being worried or panicking. Lakers and the Clippers are my team, I am going criticize them if they have a bad game. I'm not too worried at this point, their still my pick to 3peat.

Speaking of Clippers, damn I wish they could get out of the hump and win some games. I feel bad for Griffin after seeing him after each game, I can almost see the "fuck, why did I get drafted by this team" look. Gordons getting better, real good actually, he just needs to stop all the 3-point attempts. I really do not want to see Baron come back, dudes cool but damn I wish someone takes his contract of the Clippers hand.

And KLove, damn, 30/30. Too bad he'll be inconsistent because stupid Rambis seems to hate him, he tries to limit his pt as much as possible. But seriously, trade KLove for Bosh and Miami would be so much better.

Speaking of Miami, the it's only been 9 games excuse is somewhat lame. While I can agree that these games doesn't matter now, it is still a good idea to win a lot of games now instead of risking losing homecourt advantage later. Right now, they are barely a .500 team in a deeper and more competetive Eastern Conference, they need to get it together asap.

See, these guys didn't build a team that compliments each other, these are 3 stars who excel at having the ball in their hand. That is 3 number 1 options, not a #1, #2 and #3 option. As much as I hate to say it, Boston did this well. They managed to get 3 stars that complimented each other and managed to get a good supporting cast. In Bostons Big 3's first year, they went 11-2 because they were a cohesive unit to begin with. None of the 3 held the ball majority of the time, Ray was a spot up shooter/cutter, KG was a rebound and defensive hound while Pierce was the one who could create and finish. Perkins, Rondo, Davis, Posey, etc.. those guys hustled and didn't just stood on the corner waiting for the big 3 to do their thing, they all blended well and in the end, won a championship and having the homecourt advantage certainly helped.

So to me, in a very competitive conference where homecourt advantage could mean 1 game, then I think it could very well matter. Again, that is just how I see it.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

On another note, I feel bad for Brandon Roy:

Sucha good player but with this condition, I can't see him lasting too long in the league. So much potential and talent and he probably won't reach it.

7. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

just got home from the clippers game, bet on the game so i'm pretty dissapointed. at least it was exciting, but eric gordon losing the ball and turning it over with the potential game winning shot was so frustrating. the clips being the clips i guess

how about daye and villanueva going OFF tho. wow

8. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG] @ thinking me criticizing the Lakers equals being worried or panicking. Lakers and the Clippers are my team, I am going criticize them if they have a bad game. I'm not too worried at this point, their still my pick to 3peat. Speaking of Clippers, damn I wish they could get out of the hump and win some games. I feel bad for Griffin after seeing him after each game, I can almost see the "fuck, why did I get drafted by this team" look. Gordons getting better, real good actually, he just needs to stop all the 3-point attempts. I really do not want to see Baron come back, dudes cool but damn I wish someone takes his contract of the Clippers hand. And KLove, damn, 30/30. Too bad he'll be inconsistent because stupid Rambis seems to hate him, he tries to limit his pt as much as possible. But seriously, trade KLove for Bosh and Miami would be so much better. Speaking of Miami, the it's only been 9 games excuse is somewhat lame. While I can agree that these games doesn't matter now, it is still a good idea to win a lot of games now instead of risking losing homecourt advantage later. Right now, they are barely a .500 team in a deeper and more competetive Eastern Conference, they need to get it together asap. See, these guys didn't build a team that compliments each other, these are 3 stars who excel at having the ball in their hand. That is 3 number 1 options, not a #1, #2 and #3 option. As much as I hate to say it, Boston did this well. They managed to get 3 stars that complimented each other and managed to get a good supporting cast. In Bostons Big 3's first year, they went 11-2 because they were a cohesive unit to begin with. None of the 3 held the ball majority of the time, Ray was a spot up shooter/cutter, KG was a rebound and defensive hound while Pierce was the one who could create and finish. Perkins, Rondo, Davis, Posey, etc.. those guys hustled and didn't just stood on the corner waiting for the big 3 to do their thing, they all blended well and in the end, won a championship and having the homecourt advantage certainly helped. So to me, in a very competitive conference where homecourt advantage could mean 1 game, then I think it could very well matter. Again, that is just how I see it.
    my Lakers comment really isn't directed at you. i'm just amused at how it seems that the Laker fan base, more than anyone, likes to push the panic button when things don't go well. maybe it's a byproduct of so much success making you spoiled. but damn man, how can you be a Lakers and Clippers fan at the same time [​IMG] as far as your Miami comments, i really can't disagree with anything you said. but the Heat are starting to get it together. Bosh has looked awful at times, but he played well offensively vs Utah and Boston (the 2nd time). he's figured out what Haslem's known for years - all the attention his teammates get means that he has a lot of midrange room to stick jumpers. and i don't understand why they don't run high pick and roll with him more. the other players on the roster have been as advertised (Z, Haslem) or pleasant surprises (James Jones), with the exception of House being in a shooting slump for a few games. it's really on defense that they really need to spend some time getting to know each other, helping, rotating and understanding the schemes. the three teams that beat them have one thing in common - a sick PG (Paul, Deron, Rondo) that makes an undisciplined defense scramble, and then slices them up when they miss their rotations. and they were flat out lazy closing out the Jazz in regular time. yes, they need to get it together ASAP, but these kind of things are fixable. yes, Lebron/Wade/Bosh have their limitations on paper, but this team still needs time and practice and coaching to learn to play together. and as you said, the other teams are so good, there's no margin of error. so they are going to lose games at the start - which is why i always found this talk of going 72-10 or whatever so laughable...

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Lucky 7s

Bonner (of all people)

7 for 7 on 3s

Spurs 7 straight/ 8-1

Best 3 point shooting in the NBA

Laydees only 8-2

And Kobe still sucks

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

it will take historic levels of 3 point making to beat my Lakers.

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

it will take historic levels of 3 point making to beat my Lakers.

Heresy in the Laker thread:

The Spurs are much improved over last season, and go much deeper than the Lakers.

Yao Bynum will be hurt off and on all year and choke in the playoffs.

Odom will get in foul trouble in every game in said playoffs.

Pau and Kobe alone can't carry them all the way through.

And none of the Spurs are rapists.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

The Spurs are much improved over last season, and go much deeper than the Lakers.
    [​IMG] Let's not get crazy now. They aren't that deep and that is why they are starting Manu now. Lakers has at least 3-4 players (Barnes, Blake, Brown and Odom/Bynum) in the bench that are starter caliber while the Spurs are filled with unproven rookies/sophs or aging players. How can you say a team consisting of... Starters: Duncan Ginobili Jefferson Parker Blair Bench: Hill Bonner Mcdyess Blair Splitter be considered deep? Not to mention half of those guys are already hurt or are going to get hurt. I don't even need to list the Lakers line-up to show how deep they are compared to the Spurs, come on now.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I wonder if stevie will disappear as he did past two seasons?

14. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior Member

Whooo Suns beat lakers, then the nuggets. Next will be miami [​IMG] . What a tough ass week, Lakers, Denver, Heat, Orlando.

15. bwonger06

bwonger06 Senior Member

Whooo Suns beat lakers, then the nuggets. Next will be miami [​IMG] . What a tough ass week, Lakers, Denver, Heat, Orlando.

And both sets are back-to-back games. Their schedule has been absolutely brutal so far.