NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

why are u befuddled? He doesn't exactly embrace the moment historically.

2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

why are u befuddled? He doesn't exactly embrace the moment historically.

I don't know. I think in every round of the playoffs prior to this the Heat were clutch in the 4th and James was a key part of that. They basically did to Chicago in the 4th what Dallas is doing to them in the 4th in this series.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Spoelstra really isn't a bad coach, his team just isn't executing in crunch time...like when Wade bobbled the in-bounds pass on the game's last play and had to heave the ball to Miller for a desperation 3-pointer. I'm just guessing here, but I don't think it was the play Spoelstra drew up during the timeout.

i honestly think miller really botched the pass. look at the replays. he passes behind wade instead of in front of him

4. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

The Dallas defense has really exposed some key weaknesses in his game...no low post moves AT ALL, for example.

Both him and Wade don't have much of a low post game but Lebron is definitely worse. It's really a waste of his body.

Jordan and Kobe's dominance came from mostly their low post threat in addition to their athleticism outside the key. Surprising Lebron and Wade haven't developed that facet as much.

5. Mark from Plano

Both him and Wade don't have much of a low post game but Lebron is definitely worse. It's really a waste of his body.

Jordan and Kobe's dominance came from mostly their low post threat in addition to their athleticism outside the key. Surprising Lebron and Wade haven't developed that facet as much.

He can develop it. One impressive thing about Dirk is that when he came into the league he was used to European-style basketball and had no low post moves at all. But he worked on it for years and has developed into a really good low post player. He can back a guy down and then spin in either direction to create scoring opportunities around the rim. He had none of that 6-7 years ago and very little of it when they went to the Finals in 2006. It's really been only the last 2-3 years where he's developed into a really good post player.

Dirk had the drive to become great though. It's going to take fire in his belly to put in the work necessary to develop those sort of low post moves. We'll see if he's got that desire or not. If he does, he can become really great.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Rick Carlisle has been outstanding. He's made a outmatched team competitive and the team has managed to execute.

In 1 game final sports its much easier to be outmatched and win, but over 7 games, that's hard.

I cant stand the heat, almost as much as I cant stand Kobe. I'm really glad to see the Mavs ahead but I still have a lot of doubts. The Heat are more talented and athletic.

That said, I do think the Mavs have solved Miami. They were over matched in G1 and 2, G3 was a little better, they could have easily lost G4, but in G5 they were the better team for most of the game. Reminds me of the Celts series against the Lackers a few years ago.

It has been an excellent series. Almost as good as the Lakers Celtics series from the 80's. For that we have to thank the Heat, but man I hope the Mavs finish it Sunday. I think the Heat will win if it goes to 7, unfortunately.

7. Mark from Plano

I know the perception is that Dallas was overmatched in this series, but I think that perception is wrong. Frankly I think that these two teams are pretty evenly matched. Wade/Dirk (best player vs. best player) is a push. From 1-3 Miami is stronger. From 4-9 Dallas is much stronger.

Folks have underestimated Dallas in every round of the playoffs because people that don't watch them every day think that they are the same team that they've been in past years.

They aren't.

The reason that this has been such an entertaining series is because the teams are so evenly matched.

8. venessian

venessian Senior member

^
    I agree with that. This is a different Dallas team. I do think Carlisle is a better coach than Spoelstra at this point. Carlisle's late-game moves have generally worked; Spoelstra's generally haven't.

Where the 2 teams aren't matched is in class and professionalism. Even Cuban has kept his trap shut this post-season. That vid of Wade and LeBum mocking Dirk is the last straw for me. WTF? The guy has been torching you, you're getting ready to play a crucial game 5, and that is how you act??? Fuck them.

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

is it messed up that i ask my kids to pray that lebron and dwade die? wade is a fucking pussy too. his babies have two mommies. fucking lil bitch

So when you grow up and have 2 children by two different mothers will that make you a bitch too?

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Totally, 100% rooting for the Mavs. Wade and Bron can eat a dick.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dwyane's mom can't spell

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

where's bosh to play lucky pierre? some one make a gif please

[​IMG]

13. venessian

venessian Senior member

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

am actually lolling. thx

15. Mark from Plano

where's bosh to play lucky pierre?

Ok. You just went onto a list with edmorel of people who I will not google stuff they post.