NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i feel like dirk's fadeaway jumpshot is almost as untouchable as kareem's hookshot. deadly accuracy, height, and fadeaway/hookshoot = imba player

i thought collison did a really good job tho. especially the last game. lots of contested shots. lots of good movement

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Collison did well especially those strips on Dirk when he turns around but in the end he still almost fouled out, Dirk still killed them and won the game for the Mavs. I think Haslem is their best bet against Dirk, he is undersized but he can be a pesky and annoying defender and can body him around and throw around fouls w/o affecting Miami much. I'm just not sure if his stamina is up to speed these days though.

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

From SuFu:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    the mavs are insane right now. but let's not forget that the lakers swept them in the regular season. it'll take a really tight defensive team ... but i still think dirk can be contained if you stand dirk up and then run a guard past him whenever he puts the ball on the floor. the trick is, everybody on the team has to be on the same page and they have to rotate on the nose every time ... particularly the way he's been passing. otoh, miami can play some pretty danged good defense. and i think bosh on nowitzki could be a great matchup.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lebron's too small and so is haslem, who is also not as good of a defender

no matter who guards him, dirk will have the advantage

miami has to double team him. maybe a combination of haslem, bosh, anthony, and james

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

From SuFu:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

best flop ever

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Like I said, Haslem is the better choice because he can be in foul trouble and Miamis game won't be affected as much. You simply can't double Dirk, Dallas moves the ball too well, too fast and too precise. Look at how the Lakers got smoked in game 4 and they didn't even double Dirk.

OKC knew what to do with Dirk, they played him well. They just didn't execute in the offensive end to finish the game. Dirk can get hot and score 10-15 points in the 4th but if the other team scores back, it won't be too much of a problem. Instead, OKC let Maynor wave off Westbrook and Harden so he could ISO and put up a crappy shot. Those are the mistakes OKC did, Miami won't make those kind of mistakes often but if Lebron is in foul trouble by the 4th then they'll be screwed.

8. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

the mavs are insane right now. but let's not forget that the lakers swept them in the regular season

i'm pretty sure it was 2-1 Lakers. They lost in Dallas

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    ^^^^
    you're right, of course. doh.

10. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

this is gonna be a great series, both teams are playing at such a high level. i think dirk is unstoppable but the way the heat are playing defense i think they could pull it off. i'd rather dallas win but i'm gonna say heat in 6

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

From SuFu:

I see your LeBron flop and raise you

one bosh flop

and one raja bell and jr smith double flop

12. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

My evenings seem to be a little stagnant now that there are no games.

I guess I'll catch up on some Deadwood until Tuesday.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

If nobody posts up the boshtrich vid I will.

14. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I think outside of the standard double teams the heat will let dirk have his way inside- no way they put lebron on him, LBJ is way too important offensively to risk the foul trouble that will be inevitable with the size mismatch. Its going to come down to shutting down the mavs perimeter, which they will do- heat win the series in 6.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think outside of the standard double teams the heat will let dirk have his way inside- no way they put lebron on him, LBJ is way too important offensively to risk the foul trouble that will be inevitable with the size mismatch. Its going to come down to shutting down the mavs perimeter, which they will do- heat win the series in 6.
    Yeah the Mavs perimeter will have difficulty....the strength of Miami's defense is the speed and rotation of their wings. I think Dirk will have to create a lot of the offense himself, which of course he has been already So I got curious and looked it up - to my surprise, Dallas has been a very good defensive team all season and playoffs...i guess it surprised me because of the high scoring battles they've had. They're not going to grind it out like Boston or Chicago, though. Now I think this is the key to the series - Dirk will score 40 and he might have help from Jet or Marion...but their D has to be able to slow one or two of the heat stars to win. Is there any chance of Caron making an appearance here? This series would be infinitely more interesting with him in the Mavs lineup, both as another scoring option and as a hard-nosed Wade/Lebron defender...